hulika

Author Topic: BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues  (Read 131648 times)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues
« Reply #475 on: January 08, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »
-way back 96 guys saw you sa puerto galera.. glad your still kickin and rollin.. more power.. more music..

those gigs in puerto were some of the best! lots of memories in puerto......sleeping in the sand, face down and with a mighty hangover :evil:

watching the gigs in some of the bars in puerto were also rad! like the time sammy from SPY had his guitar plugged into a karaoke machine using his pignose as a preamp...it's all in the hands baby!!
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline noobie

« Reply #476 on: January 18, 2008, 10:41:01 PM »
Mabuhay ang Blue Rats!   Are you still gigging at the Hobit's?  By the way,  I really miss the Show at Araneta.  More power for you guys!
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream..... that's what I do." - Jack Sparrow

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
Believe it or not, yes. Will be at Hobbit tonight. We're there regularly on Saturdays. Drop in.

Offline chorobs

« Reply #478 on: January 21, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
those gigs in puerto were some of the best! lots of memories in puerto......sleeping in the sand, face down and with a mighty hangover :evil:

watching the gigs in some of the bars in puerto were also rad! like the time sammy from SPY had his guitar plugged into a karaoke machine using his pignose as a preamp...it's all in the hands baby!!

--oo nga sir.. kamiss c sammy.. adopted resident na un ng puerto galera e.. hope magkaron pa kyo ng series of gigs don lalo na ngyong summer.. nway what happened to that french guy? playing d sax? is he french? he look french.. hehe

..kapag may paraan.. gusto!

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #479 on: January 26, 2008, 07:35:02 AM »
The only reason he may have looked french is that big sch---z...... hehehe  :-D 

Actually Joe is an American of Italian descent and one of the hottest, most soulful sax players and nicest gentlemen ever to have hit Philippine shores. He's been on this thread several times -- look it up.

A few years ago, he really found his true calling -- both as a musician and as a person -- and now only performs in service of his church. He was truly the core of the Rats and we miss him dearly (you listenin' Joe Boy?!!!).

There's a permanently open slot in the band should he ever decide to hop back in.  :wink:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #480 on: January 27, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »
Are You Experienced

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »
When that guy Bruce interviewed us at Hobbit House that evening, he told me that he asked you to send him a photo of you with your Gibsons. Then he asked me to also send him one with all of mine.

I said, "...with ALL of mine?..."

He replied, "Yup, just a shot with you and all your Gibsons", and he gave me his card.

"Uh, ok. I'll see what I can do", I replied.

So I got home, thought about it, and finally figured, "Naaah.... ma-iskandalo pa".

Respectfully declined in the interest of .........prudence (actually, avoiding scandal).

Hehehe.  :-D :-D :-D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:39:52 PM by blue buddha »

Offline noobie

« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2008, 09:51:19 PM »
Sir Andy, is kimmy/ruchelle still with blue rats? Di na kasi ko nakakapanood ng gigs nyo lately... Just kinda wonderin po. hehe. kelan po pala  next gig nyo?
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream..... that's what I do." - Jack Sparrow

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
Kim still has an open slot with the Rats when she can make the gigs. She was promoted at work sometime in September/October last year, but as a result of that promotion, she's found it nearly impossible to schedule herself in. So pabugso-bugso lang. We've missed her, but Dopedeeva's covered the bases very nicely along with Lefty's rocking the house when he steps up to the mic.

We'll see what 2008 brings -- hopefully we see more of Kim, maybe we'll have a few surprises up the sleeve.  :wink:

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #485 on: January 30, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
When that guy Bruce interviewed us at Hobbit House that evening, he told me that he asked you to send him a photo of you with your Gibsons. Then he asked me to also send him one with all of mine.

He replied, "Yup, just a shot with you and all your Gibsons", and he gave me his card.

So I got home, thought about it, and finally figured, "Naaah.... ma-iskandalo pa".

Respectfully declined in the interest of .........prudence (actually, avoiding scandal).

honga :P that would have taken a while to set up! :P
dapat pictorial nga tyo, but we couldnt sched it for one reason or another, and the only time none of us was wielding a Gibson, was the night he decides to watch The Rats! hehehe
i just emailed him a pic cuz he asked me :) then gave a "badass" interview hehehe :P
Are You Experienced

Offline noobie

« Reply #486 on: January 30, 2008, 09:47:28 PM »
Kim still has an open slot with the Rats when she can make the gigs. She was promoted at work sometime in September/October last year, but as a result of that promotion, she's found it nearly impossible to schedule herself in. So pabugso-bugso lang. We've missed her, but Dopedeeva's covered the bases very nicely along with Lefty's rocking the house when he steps up to the mic.

We'll see what 2008 brings -- hopefully we see more of Kim, maybe we'll have a few surprises up the sleeve.  :wink:

Hehehe.. can't wait to see those surprises :wink:  Sana makajam ulit ako with you guys...  Keep on rockin' Blue Rats! :wink:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #487 on: January 30, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
Hehehe.. can't wait to see those surprises :wink:  Sana makajam ulit ako with you guys...  Keep on rockin' Blue Rats! :wink:

Noobie.... sandali.... confused na tuloy ako. If you've jammed with us, you're always welcome to do so again. But (no offense) am not sure who you are!  :|  :-P

Can you PM me and let us know?

Forgot the second part of your question: Next gig is this Friday, 1 February at Handlebar on Polaris St. in Makati. Drop in bud.

Offline chorobs

« Reply #488 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:58 PM »
The only reason he may have looked french is that big sch---z...... hehehe  :-D 

Actually Joe is an American of Italian descent and one of the hottest, most soulful sax players and nicest gentlemen ever to have hit Philippine shores. He's been on this thread several times -- look it up.

A few years ago, he really found his true calling -- both as a musician and as a person -- and now only performs in service of his church. He was truly the core of the Rats and we miss him dearly (you listenin' Joe Boy?!!!).

There's a permanently open slot in the band should he ever decide to hop back in.  :wink:

--salute.. i truly belive that sir.. watching him do his thing with the saxophone.. awesome.. a true icon..
..kapag may paraan.. gusto!

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »
an sarap basahin   :lol:  . . .go on guys. 

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #490 on: February 06, 2008, 07:56:01 AM »

Really now... I think it was the prospect of operating the panoramic feature of your camera that daunted you.  :-D

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #491 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:47 AM »
Demonyito ka talaga delta.  :lol:

Tinanggi ko lang dahil shy ako....  :-D

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #492 on: February 07, 2008, 06:12:48 AM »
mangyayari nyan photo album na ang ibibigay mo kay bruce.....makukulitan iyon cgurado :-D
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline tito rens

« Reply #493 on: February 07, 2008, 01:25:07 PM »
I saw the Blue Rats play at the LSGH homecoming last Saturday! you guys blew my socks off! I loved the set! "Sunshine" and "Crossroads" hit me hard! It made me want to go up and Jam with you guys! LOL!  :-D  Been a dream of mine to jam with real blues musicians! Keep on Rockin' guys!  8-)
the race for perfection has no finish line

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #494 on: February 08, 2008, 04:32:48 AM »
Drop in at the Hobbit House Bluesfest tomorrow night -- we can promise you some serious blues!  :wink:

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #495 on: February 08, 2008, 10:03:09 AM »
I saw the Blue Rats play at the LSGH homecoming last Saturday! you guys blew my socks off! I loved the set! "Sunshine" and "Crossroads" hit me hard! It made me want to go up and Jam with you guys! LOL!  :-D  Been a dream of mine to jam with real blues musicians! Keep on Rockin' guys!  8-)

that was an awesome evening! :)

rakenrol!  8-)

yeah on sat the is a Blues Fest in Hobbit House, jam there!
Are You Experienced

Offline foxylady

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #496 on: February 09, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »
great blues band! been a groupie for a long time! loved everyone i met.. miss a lot of them who have gone and MIA! :)
here is to the ones who are still with us!
cheers!
see you all later at the bluesfest in hobbit house!
 :mrgreen:

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #497 on: February 13, 2008, 02:06:56 AM »
long hair pa si tom ep dito oh

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #498 on: February 13, 2008, 07:39:29 AM »
long hair pa si tom ep dito oh

TT - i think you mistook Joe (sax guy) for Tom Ep.  would be cool to see an old pic of Tom on a 'good hair day' tho.  :-)

i think Tom joined BR later pa.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:43:06 AM by deltaslim »

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #499 on: March 19, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »
The Blue Rats going through soundcheck at the LSGH Homecoming 02/02/08

... wearing black outfits under the 3pm sun... ...whew!...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 03:17:13 PM by vegetablejoe »