hulika

Author Topic: The Peavey Vypyr Review/Users Thread  (Read 31494 times)

Offline jehed

The Peavey Vypyr Review/Users Thread
« on: October 28, 2009, 01:46:14 AM »
The Best Instrument Amp and Product of the Year of '08 in the 23rd Annual Music & Sound Awards at NAMM.

The Peavey Vypyr, I believe is the 1st modelling amp of the Peavey line of amplifiers which is released last year and they certainly did an amazing job on making an awesome tone out of this amp but the first releases were flooded with complaints of all those reliabilty issues(no sound coming out, gradual decrease of volume till nothing comes out, those kinda stuff).

I did my research on this amp and so as the Peavey Bandit 112 and the Valveking 112 as I'm planning
to get a new amp with more power and one that I can just plug and play to gigs. I can say based on what I've read and what I've heard, all 3 of 'em are good sounding amps in their very own way but what puzzles me is which one will I get?

The Valveking 112. Sounds great! and I know someone selling it here in the classifieds whose selling it for a good price and in mint condition. Pretty heavy and tough enough to sit on haha, well you dont wanna mess with the tubes. This amp is well built! Hope you could sell your amp in no time, ramir.

The new Bandit 112, sounds good but somewhat not good enough. It feels like it needed something more to satisfy. Pretty much the most Reliable of all three, tough enough for me being a bit clumsy and one who shows tough love on my stuffs.

Then the Peavey Vypyr 75, knowing that it has reliability issue complaints everywhere on the net. It won't hurt if I'd give it a try as I passed Audiophile last sunday(25th) as this amp just came at that week also. And so I plugged with a requested H-H setup guitar and boom. The rest was just music to my ears. I've played other modelling amps but its never been this good. It sounded warm and tight,
a little while of dialing through the knobs and I was like 'no $h!t!'. I got a tone that I've never had. I own the amp the moment I played it and up to this day, the good sound keeps on coming. Very very versatile amp, from the lightest to the heaviest music I could ever imagine.
I maybe just someone who haven't own those thousand dollar cabinets but what the heck! I've been a fan of music since I was a kid and I have my own taste of what sounds good or bad. I'm not saying that this amp sounds like the real thing, but atleast this comes close.
I payed for only 300 bucks for this monster and I love what this thing can do for me tonewise.

Too bad for me, I think this amp should be taken care properly because it doesn't look as tough as its name. I turn the knobs gently whenever I needed to because they doesnt look so tough to me, it might break when hit not so hard. I wish Audiophile brings the Sanpera pedal which is the footswitch specially designed for this amp. Some say that its unimaginable to own this amp without the Sanpera. Its also the only way you can get access through the looper and the wah on this amp which both I dont need. I need this pedal to switch on effects, thats it.
Another 5k wouldnt be that bad. I really hope this amp lasts for what it stands for.
Oh, I've tested this amp on a band setting earlier. Guess what? I ended up turning the master volume at only 3.

Now, anyone else who also owns a Vypyr out there? lets share our opinions about this amp. Sharing presets would also be nice.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:20:17 PM by jehed »
and thats the fun i have though.

Offline russellv50021

Re: The Peavey Vypyr Review/Users Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 01:01:20 AM »
malapit na dumating yung inorder kong vypyr 75..hehe tnx sa suggestion mo..sayang walang vypyr 100 para ndi mabitin

Offline jehed

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 05:48:20 PM »
malapit na dumating yung inorder kong vypyr 75..hehe tnx sa suggestion mo..sayang walang vypyr 100 para ndi mabitin

Order? Meron naman yata stocks sa Audiophile, matetest mo pa. Di ka na mabibitin sa 75 bro!  :evil:

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 06:15:01 PM »
audiophile muntinlupa lang kasi pinakamalapit samin eh...laguna pa kasi ako... antay antay nalang ako...sat na naman ang dating..cant wait na matest ang vypyr.. :evil:

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »
Saan ka umorder?

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 08:46:41 PM »
audiophile festival mo bro... sat daw dadating... tagal nga eh

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 08:48:08 PM »
tanung lang pala about sa VYPYR... meron ba syang harmonization effetcs tulad ng sa spider IV?

Offline jehed

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »
tanung lang pala about sa VYPYR... meron ba syang harmonization effetcs tulad ng sa spider IV?

harmonization eh... do you mean octaving or pitch shifting? well yeah.

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 12:05:14 AM »
nakabili na ako ng vypyr 75 sayang wala pang sanpera sa audiophile.. :-(

Offline jehed

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »
nakabili na ako ng vypyr 75 sayang wala pang sanpera sa audiophile.. :-(

May nagshiship dito bro ng gears don't worry you can order a Sanpera pedal and get it in no time. Enjoy your vypyr experience bro haha!!

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »
san po pede umorder? sana ASAP.. gusto ko kasi enjoying ung looper nito..hehe magkano po ba?

Offline smartassplayingdumb

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »
Yeah, I tried one of these, they're pretty much everything spiders fail to do.

Question, how much is a 30 and a 75 at audiophile?

Offline jehed

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 11:12:30 PM »
san po pede umorder? sana ASAP.. gusto ko kasi enjoying ung looper nito..hehe magkano po ba?

intay ka lang sa classifieds ng tumatanggap ng order bro, check sites like www.musiciansfriend.com for reference prices.
tinawag na din daw nila sa main office yung demand ng vypyr users sa sanpera so next year they will surely have it daw.

Dalawa lang ba tayong Vypyr users dito? LOL

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:51 AM »
10k po ang 30watts less 7% pa.. yung 75watts 16,100 less 7%... 15k sarado kuha ko... kuha kana ng vypyr mo..hindi ka magsisisi kahit 30 watts nakakabingi na talaga..sabay sabay ko pinag compare yung vypyr,spiderIV , at roland cube 80x nung isang araw... vypyr talaga pinamaganda..muntik ko na makuha yung spider IV 150watts. ang gwapo kasi eh.. pero yung tunog. andumi talaga. yung roland maganda din..kasu mahal 23k.. tapos bitin sa features.

Offline cha2x30

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
bro questions and suggestion im planning to buy vox vt50 what do you think of it against vyper75?

Offline cha2x30

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »
 :mrgreen:

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »
got the vypyr 15 watts model...its a little beast!!!! great amp models and its pretty loud for a 15 watt amp... :)... natambak na ung pedals ko...  :lol:
....and this world...will be shaken by a whisper...

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 05:04:50 PM »
bro questions and suggestion im planning to buy vox vt50 what do you think of it against vyper75?

VYPYR AKO... mas mura kasi..haha.. tinest ko dun yung vt50..maganda din sya..alam ko asa 23k yan eh...tube yata kasi yun...

Offline russellv50021

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 05:07:56 PM »
pero mas gusto ko yung roland CUBE80x sa VT50

Offline ROBORATS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »
10k po ang 30watts less 7% pa.. yung 75watts 16,100 less 7%... 15k sarado kuha ko... kuha kana ng vypyr mo..hindi ka magsisisi kahit 30 watts nakakabingi na talaga..sabay sabay ko pinag compare yung vypyr,spiderIV , at roland cube 80x nung isang araw... vypyr talaga pinamaganda..muntik ko na makuha yung spider IV 150watts. ang gwapo kasi eh.. pero yung tunog. andumi talaga. yung roland maganda din..kasu mahal 23k.. tapos bitin sa features.

SAYANG NOH ALANG AVAILABLE NA PEDAL NG VYPYR SA AP

Offline jehed

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
SAYANG NOH ALANG AVAILABLE NA PEDAL NG VYPYR SA AP

Sayang nga e, hopefully magkaron sila early this year. By the way, nabenta mo na yung Custom ML mo bro?

Offline cha2x30

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »
ang laki nga ng difference ng price sa vox vt50 ng vyper 75 kaya malamang mas madami kuha ng vyper malinis ba clean ng viper?

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
ang laki nga ng difference ng price sa vox vt50 ng vyper 75 kaya malamang mas madami kuha ng vyper malinis ba clean ng viper?

wala naman kasi valve yung lumabas na vypyr dito kaya malayo talaga sa presyo ng VT. Siguro kung lumabas yung hybrid version ng Vypyr mas kapantay niya presyo ng Vox VT.

Offline cha2x30

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 12:18:58 PM »
ah kaya pala bka mag vox na tlga ako

Offline jehed

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
oo nabenta ko na dami ko na ML eh..meron nako 79 at washburn dime..vypyr user na din ako heheh

Nice man. Balak ko din magpagawa kay mang max next year ng custom ML e. Cheers to us vypyr users, the K-stein amp model is tight!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!  :evil: