hulika

Author Topic: The Peavey Vypyr Review/Users Thread  (Read 31449 times)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: The Peavey Vypyr Review/Users Thread
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:53 PM »
Tried out a small Vypr combo earlier at AP Festi... walangya, kinain ako nung amp! Di ko alam gamitin. Delay was always on as I was tweaking!  :lol:

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
Tried out a small Vypr combo earlier at AP Festi... walangya, kinain ako nung amp! Di ko alam gamitin. Delay was always on as I was tweaking!  :lol:

Lol! Yeah delay and reverb are global settings thus apply to all patch changes.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »
Lol! Yeah delay and reverb are global settings thus apply to all patch changes.

Nasa Twin amp mode lang ako nun. Haha! Enjoy din naman yung tunog.  :-)

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »
Nasa Twin amp mode lang ako nun. Haha! Enjoy din naman yung tunog.  :-)

Yeah! I think that is what i use for my cleans! Buhay na buhay yan lalo sa tube model! Try mo rin un minsan! :) and if you engage the tube screamer on it sa twin or deluxe model, and lower the gain on the ts, i think u will like it. Sa tones na ganoon rinig difference ng tube models though the solid states models are good enough!

The Vypyr is a fun amp whether practice or live.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:01:19 AM by shredmaestrobri »

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »
Our teaser live recording video for Indiehouse PH:

tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTgS9Njf19k

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 and Sanpera 1 \m/

Offline siopao69

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2013, 02:28:48 PM »
nice one!

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »
Full vid with my Tube 60 and Sanpera 1:
http://www.indiehouse.ph/artist-i/il-nomine-patris

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
Peavey Vypyr VIP Series

Peavey Vypyr VIP Performance Demo
Click >>

Once again Peavey Electronics revolutionizes the modeling amp industry. Introducing the world's first Variable Instrument Performance amplifier, the VYPYRŽ V.I.P. The world's first amp that contains Bass guitar, Acoustic guitar and Electric guitar amplifier models. Now for the first time ever using our Variable Instrument Input a single amp can provide amplification for a variety of instrument types.

Not only does the amplifier morph from a bass amp to an acoustic amp, to an electric amp. It also, for the first time ever in an amplifier in this category, allows the electric guitar player access to instrument models as well. Using appropriate technology, Peavey uses a combination of powerful 32-bit, floating point SHARC processors and patented TranstubeŽ analog circuitry to create the best sounding modeling amplifiers available. Nothing sounds as good as a VYPYR.

All VYPYR effects, amp models and parameter controls can be accessed via the amp itself, with no need to hook the amplifier to a computer. Peavey's WYSIWYG control surface quickly allows the user the ability to see and adjust the control position, no guessing where the control is supposed to be, or having to manually move it to where it should be preset to preset.

VYPYRs new USB bi-directional data and audio port provides and easy way to record, and or connect to our VYPYR software and store presets, get lessons, and practice to backing tracks while connected to your computer. All of the revolutionary features from the original VYPYR series now even better. More power, more effects, more amp models, Variable Instrument Input, instrument models, and more make this the ultimate amplifier.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2014, 01:49:39 PM »
I got me a Vypyr VIP3 a couple of weeks ago... It may be an overkill practice-at-your-bedroom amp but am enjoying the power sponge knob which allows me to play at cranked levels. Happiness!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:33:45 PM by Rageworx »
Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline ROBORATS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:57 AM »
I got me a Vypyr VIP3 a couple of weeks ago... It may be an overkill practice-at-your-bedroom amp but am enjoying the power sponge knob which allows me to play at cranked levels. Happiness!

kumusta naman sound compare sa vypyr 100?, may nagbago ba sir?

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2014, 06:53:22 PM »
Mas maganda 6505 at 6534 ng vypyr vip 3. But if I was asked between the two, mas okay ang vypyr 100 212. Lalo na sa gig. Mas maganda sya sa high volumes. IMO. :)

I owned that VIP 3 pala.:)

Offline ROBORATS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2014, 04:04:20 PM »
Mas maganda 6505 at 6534 ng vypyr vip 3. But if I was asked between the two, mas okay ang vypyr 100 212. Lalo na sa gig. Mas maganda sya sa high volumes. IMO. :)

I owned that VIP 3 pala.:)

salamat sir bryan, nagbabanda ka parin ba?, wala kana sa INP?, matagal ko na din gamit yung VYPYR 100 ko sa mga gigs, ako yung gitarista dati nung zalvija, oo nga
ok sya pang live, pang cut through sa wall of sound, reklamo ko lang sa vypyr, bitin kasi yung noisegate nya, kaya mejo sloppy yung sound.

Offline ragde19821

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2015, 12:44:06 PM »
hello mga sirs/maam   :)
had a problem with my peavey vypyr 15 amp. (was infested with cockroaches ksi hndi masyadong nagagamit, hehe!). had it fixed with audiophile. 1500 ung labor fee but paid 750 muna. ung umaayos texted me na 5500 dw ung parts then labor of 1500 minus 750 so a total of 6250 ung babayaran ko dw. syempre sinabi ko na masyadong mahal. biglang tex sa akin na may less 25% dw so babayaran ko nlng total 4975.
tanong ko lng kng mgkano b brand new nung unit na un? kailangan ko bang upakan ung mga umayos ng amp ko kasi [avocado] lng ako? hahaha