hulika

Author Topic: should I upgrade pick ups?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline fatstring

• Philmusicus Noobitus
should I upgrade pick ups?
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »
so I have this Fender Squire Bullet Strat , yeah I know call me cheapskate or whatever the hell you want. I dont know anything 'bout this elctronic upgrading thing so I made this thread. I'm really into funk music , I love Red hot chili peppers and one thing that I know is to sound like John Frusciante is to get a single coil. I kind of do not like the bridge pick up 'cause its too bright for me. should I replace it or what? and if I will what pick ups should I get? and suggestions for upgrading other parts? thank you for your help. peace and love  :mrgreen:

Offline ganjie

Re: should I upgrade pick ups?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:34:41 AM »
so I have this Fender Squire Bullet Strat , yeah I know call me cheapskate or whatever the hell you want. I dont know anything 'bout this elctronic upgrading thing so I made this thread. I'm really into funk music , I love Red hot chili peppers and one thing that I know is to sound like John Frusciante is to get a single coil. I kind of do not like the bridge pick up 'cause its too bright for me. should I replace it or what? and if I will what pick ups should I get? and suggestions for upgrading other parts? thank you for your help. peace and love  :mrgreen:

if the bridge pickup is too bright, have you tried getting the bridge position wired into the tone pot? (some strats have the bridge wide open and not connected to the tone pot/s...)

i guess if you post this in "Guitar Central" you'd be able to get better responses...
... pain is a purifier and suffering builds character ...
... Jesus Rocks! ...