hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 256877 times)

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 09:49:32 AM »
oh a tone shoot out.....I'll have my Mihiro strat ready for battle in case brother anton needs additional help. And of course..again see u on saturday...Ton..might drop by tonight to check out Jepoy's recording befor going to work...
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »
^^^ any body mods to be done? batteries?

nope, just the little gizmo  attached to the p'up selector :-D
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 10:07:21 AM »
psychic_sushi, BAMF,

i hope you haven't run out of goat's blood... can I put in an additional order of 2 scalarizers? will get them fri or sat evening...

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 10:09:26 AM »
hmm is it possible na mag order ako from davao, then padala dito with installation instructions?

this little gizmo sounds... interesting...

Offline dominant_chord2005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 10:17:39 AM »
just spoke with BAMF on the phone today. It is possible...

specify which scalarizer you want (crystal scalarizer or metal sparklers-designed for metal sounds and beyond) and ilan units.

Shipping charges  will be on your bill . As for payment you can deposit the amount to BAMF' account. PM na lng namin sau or u can contact me @ 09159501603
"Practice makes perfect."

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »
psychic_sushi, BAMF,

i hope you haven't run out of goat's blood... can I put in an additional order of 2 scalarizers? will get them fri or sat evening...

Shhh !!! You know who might trip on the secret and start pouring virgin goat's blood on his titanium trem-block superstrats (mwahahaha).

Seriously, I'm almost out. Grabe. I'll have more made today.

And when the Singapore and Korea distribution deals kick in...gosh...I guess I'll be hiring more technicians soon !

Speaking of which, Anton and I just finished assembling and testing a new device...the Angelizer. It's a scalarizer but with XLR ins and outs...for microphones !!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA !!! (Thunder and Lightning all around). Results ? Wait na lang Bos Jaime for our next jam, we'll demo it to ya ! :D :D :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Been playing my guitars a lot more!  :-D Anyone familiar with the feeling of playing along with your favorite songs and thinking that your guitar sounds really bad and not at par with the recorded track? I don't miss that feeling.  :-) Can't wait to start playing gigs with these. I'll have my chance at freedom on the 3rd and conspiracy on the 10th. Shameless plug. Wehehehe.

Yet again, amazed but not surprised. :wink:

Uy, sama naman ako sa toneparty nyo! I've never been to one.  :cry: But i'd like to make a request if i may. Can we leave our egos at the door and just have fun? Kita-kita lang as comrades and friends trying out gear and playing around sharing a common interest. I'm not comfortable equating guitar-playing with negative vibes.

XLRs??? Pasubok!!! Dalan mo ako mamaya? May session ako sa studio, fafa!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:46:35 AM by micr0chimp »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »
Lots of things going on in the shop and studio today. Let's see if I can swing around your studio. What time you going there ? I wanna record tracks with and without the Angelizer.

Wait ! I also have a recording studio pala ! Mwahahehehe. Okeyyy...

Maka-ligo na nga, get there earlier than usual.

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 11:23:38 AM »
meron akong kliyente ng 3pm tapos 8pm ulit, fafa! baka di ako makadaan. gusto ko nga din gumawa ng clips e. sched tayo sa pimp tapos sched din tayo sa akin para multiple settings! Hiram din tayo iba pang amps, modellers, at direct boxes para ma-kumpara natin differences. masaya ito!

Offline markflo

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 11:26:48 AM »
Sound clip??? :-D

perhaps may not do it justice, however, this is being discussed  :-)

better to experience it, coz it can be FELT!

i've heard that line from another forumite here before....hmmmm...hahahah joke!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline kelvinator

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 11:31:34 AM »
mukhang masaya tong scalarizer gizmo ah.. magkano ba price ng product and installation? tsaka san ba mga gumagawa nito? interested tuloy ako.. hahaha..  :mrgreen:
bummer..

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 11:34:03 AM »

But he [gooey brown stuff] you not Bos Mark. Ask Microchimp. If he'd be gracious to share the things he's told me via text...

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »
As I said before, nothing can do what a titanium block can do.  Electronic enhancements are not the same.  The titanium block with titanium saddles expands the vibrational qualities of the guitar and makes 10 gauges feel like 9s in ease of playing but at the same time retaining the volume and tone of 10s.  

By the way, you started the comparison.  Ang mali sa iyo, you compared actual physical hardware versus something you stick to the electronics of a guitar.  I do not discount that the scalarizer can affect/improve the sound of the guitar but it will not improve it like the way titanium does.  I am not saying one type is better than the other but rather both affect the guitar sound differently.  So you cannot compare.

1. Before you claim expansiveness, let me define it.  You need a guitar with good sounding wood that vibrates and you need an amp with the ability to project sound in a 3d soundstage.  Now your mod can make things sound clearer and better but I doubt that it is expansive.

2. Even a paper in oil capacitor upgrade in the tone circuit which you maligned ages ago can be immediately heard on any amp.  

3. A [gooey brown stuff] guitar will remain [gooey brown stuff] in terms of character.  In short, a dead sounding guitar will not sound alive with your mod.  

4. There is no cost to ratio comparison because titanium parts affect the sound differently than any modification on the electronic circuit.  

Are you really sure about Anton's strat about smokin my Strat?   Do you have an idea what my Strat has smoked?  Do you know who has used my strat to record? Do you know about all the modifications that have gone thru my Strat which still perfectly looks like a 54 Strat?  

I have nothing against your scalarizer.  A year ago you kept on berating Paper in Oil Capacitors now you are promoting this one of a kind thingy.  You have no idea at all how a million peso rig will sound like so stop claiming that your small thingy does just that becase even if I am just half way there, I will tell you that it aint just a scalarizer.

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »
Mag compare na lang kasi or bumili na lang para ma-test. Dami pa kasi explanation e
Surf's Up!

Offline mugen

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »
Mag compare na lang kasi or bumili na lang para ma-test. Dami pa kasi explanation e

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...  :roll: :roll:

Go go go go Sir BAMF's SCALARIZER...

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 11:53:29 AM »
talangka :evil:

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »
eto na....

ill bring my ibby tonight... then let's set this bitch out!, ill bring a virgin goat if necessary :)

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
glassjaw_jc,

Oo nga bumili ka ng titanium block.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 12:05:24 PM »

heheheheh  :mrgreen:

i [gooey brown stuff] no not  :-D
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline Kulas

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 12:11:36 PM »
hay, i hope this thread doesn't go ugly...

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »
So, how is this different from an LCR filter?

LCR filters narrow down bandwidth.

The scalarizer widens the available bandwidth :D

But beyond that, it's better to hear it before and after installation. I'll gladly lend you one, Al. I'll drop it off your office next time I'm in the area.

Or better still, you can drop by at the shop this Saturday night. Bring a guitar, your [gooey brown stuff] one. :D
The offer is much appreciated. But I think you have your hands full with people who want to buy the stuff. I'll just get in the way.

Maybe when time permits, I can drop by. Thanks.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 12:20:58 PM »
hay, i hope this thread doesn't go ugly...

uu nga! may fun spoiler na naman! ayun oh!
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
glassjaw_jc,

Oo nga bumili ka ng titanium block.

No need. I'm not interested. Dun ako interested sa scalaraizer ni BAMF. I don't need to compare. I don't care about the difference in effect nung scalarizer against the titanium block. Mukhang ikaw ang may kailangan.
Surf's Up!

Offline kelvinator

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 12:29:29 PM »
haha.. teka.. san nga ba may scalarizer.. gusto ko itest eh.. hehe..
bummer..

Offline Kulas

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2007, 12:33:40 PM »
anubayan mga repapips, yung trinket ni BAMF eh 500 pesos lang, ok lang naman mawalan ng 500 pesos eh. try muna then judge.