hulika

Author Topic: Some questions regarding the Nintendo Wii  (Read 6566 times)

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
Some questions regarding the Nintendo Wii
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:34:20 AM »
Oi guys, nag-iisip kami ng mga utol ko kung bibili kami ng Wii. It has the most good games out, it's cheaper compared to the other consoles of it's generation and it's innovative. I'd just like to know your suggestions regarding which games to get for it.

Also, pwede din ba ang (pirated) Gamecube games sa Wii?

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Some questions regarding the Nintendo Wii
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »
Oi guys, nag-iisip kami ng mga utol ko kung bibili kami ng Wii. It has the most good games out, it's cheaper compared to the other consoles of it's generation and it's innovative. I'd just like to know your suggestions regarding which games to get for it.

Also, pwede din ba ang (pirated) Gamecube games sa Wii?
try mo Legend of Zelda...sure akong maganda un kahit di ko pa nalalaro
 :-)

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »
i'm also getting a wii before christmas  :-D
disappointed ako sa ps3  :-(
dunno if it can play GC games though
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:31:46 PM »
i'm also getting a wii before christmas  :-D
disappointed ako sa ps3  :-(
dunno if it can play GC games though

Ako disappointed lang ako sa marketing at distribution ng PS3. Ang konti lang kasi ng mga games. Mga next year pa yung totoong "rise" ng PS3 kasi dun na lalabas yung Metal Gear 4, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed, etc.....

The Wii CAN play GC games pero di ako sure kung kaya niya yung.....ahem......"mass-marketed" GC games. I'm planning on getting the Metroid Prime Series as well as the Zelda series. Mario Sunshine din kasi FamiCom pa ang huling Mario game na nalaro ko. Pag nag 25k na lang yung PS3 tsaka may.....ahem......"mass-marketed"  games na din, dun na lang kami bibili.

And that, my friends, is why I suck at guitar. Saving the world from zombies/Metroids/aliens/King Coopa is hard work.  :-D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:35:10 PM by Pfizer »

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:53:55 PM »
just wait for a year or two, and you'll be regretting that you bought a Wii instead of a PS3. :-)

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 09:25:40 PM »
try mo Legend of Zelda...sure akong maganda un kahit di ko pa nalalaro
 :-)
the best yung legend of zelda.. nakakaadik......

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:41:49 PM »
just wait for a year or two, and you'll be regretting that you bought a Wii instead of a PS3. :-)

We're still getting a PS3 pare, pero in the meantime, habang wala pang magandang bala, Wii muna. Or at least, that's the plan. Tigang na tigang ang mga magandang bala para sa lahat ng console ng Sony; walang pang magnda sa PS3, walang maganda sa PS2, walang maganda sa PSP.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 02:35:59 AM »
We're still getting a PS3 pare, pero in the meantime, habang wala pang magandang bala, Wii muna. Or at least, that's the plan. Tigang na tigang ang mga magandang bala para sa lahat ng console ng Sony; walang pang magnda sa PS3, walang maganda sa PS2, walang maganda sa PSP.

edi buy it now, so that when the games DO go out, you'll be able to play 'em immediately. buying a Wii now will be a total waste of money since, in the long run, it will become soooo outdated and outrun by the PS3. atleast, thats in the economical point of view. if you're rich, then buy the Wii soon, and then buy the PS3 later. :lol:

van13

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
wii=kids  :-D

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 07:05:06 PM »

Offline ralphot

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 10:03:08 AM »
edi buy it now, so that when the games DO go out, you'll be able to play 'em immediately. buying a Wii now will be a total waste of money since, in the long run, it will become soooo outdated and outrun by the PS3. atleast, thats in the economical point of view. if you're rich, then buy the Wii soon, and then buy the PS3 later. :lol:

sorry, pero parang di ko ma-gets ang logic nito.

so bibili sya ng ps3 kahit wala pang magagandang games? at mag-aantay pa cya ng 2008 para lang ma-enjoy ang ps3 na bibilhin nya ngayon? i don't think that's economical.

what's more economical, IMHO, is buying the wii now since THERE ARE already good games for it. i'm not trying to sound pro-wii, but that's just the case. wii is more exciting since their core focus is gameplay. a lot of my friends who aren't gamers to begin with bought their own wii systems after our usual weekend gatherings (and wii marathons) sa bahay. it really is a fun system.

your post sounds like something i would read from sony defense force. no offense.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 04:13:21 AM »
sorry, pero parang di ko ma-gets ang logic nito.

so bibili sya ng ps3 kahit wala pang magagandang games? at mag-aantay pa cya ng 2008 para lang ma-enjoy ang ps3 na bibilhin nya ngayon? i don't think that's economical.

what's more economical, IMHO, is buying the wii now since THERE ARE already good games for it. i'm not trying to sound pro-wii, but that's just the case. wii is more exciting since their core focus is gameplay. a lot of my friends who aren't gamers to begin with bought their own wii systems after our usual weekend gatherings (and wii marathons) sa bahay. it really is a fun system.

your post sounds like something i would read from sony defense force. no offense.

well, i do love playing tennis in Wii.  :lol:

what i meant in being economical is not buying two consoles.

and are you saying that buying Wii now and its games, then buying the PS3 sometime in the future is economical? or were you saying that he'll only buy the Wii, and not the PS3? if you're saying the latter, then i think its a shame that he'll miss the cool games in the future and be stuck with cartoon sports and what not. :-)

but we all know that buying a ps3 is not really economical because it costs too damn much, as well as the games with atleast 3k price and still pirate-protected until now. *lol  :lol:

Offline ralphot

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 08:48:31 AM »
i don't think anyone owning a wii will miss out on the cool games. siguro sa case dati ng ps2 naiiwan talaga ang ibang consoles because some game developers, the best ones at that, made games exclusively for the ps2. pero ngayon, sony has lost that exclusivity and the developers are crossing over to other platforms as well.

also, the definition of a "cool game" is subjective. depende sa gamer kung ano ang habol nya. if he/she gets off on stunning graphics more, better get either the ps3 or the 360. pero if he/she can live with so-so visuals BUT more enjoyable experience (<= emphasis on the word), then the wii is the best way to go.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »
i don't think anyone owning a wii will miss out on the cool games. siguro sa case dati ng ps2 naiiwan talaga ang ibang consoles because some game developers, the best ones at that, made games exclusively for the ps2. pero ngayon, sony has lost that exclusivity and the developers are crossing over to other platforms as well.

the case this time is the PS3's humongous blue ray dvds that can house a dozen (or so) bunch of gigs which i think will be highly significant in the future.

also, the definition of a "cool game" is subjective. depende sa gamer kung ano ang habol nya. if he/she gets off on stunning graphics more, better get either the ps3 or the 360. pero if he/she can live with so-so visuals BUT more enjoyable experience (<= emphasis on the word), then the wii is the best way to go.

alright already. i seem to be the former, and you the latter. that last quote may be what the thread starter is looking for.

one last shot: imagine playing Final Fantasy in Wii. :lol:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:03:35 AM by badongrodrigs »

Offline Pfizer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 07:47:44 PM »
Thanks for the input guys :)

Looks like we'll be getting both naman e.  :evil: I'll just have to bust my chops on acoustic first  :cry: Okey lang, may Guitar Hero naman e  :wink:

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »
Ang wii is beefed up gamecube lang without any change sa architecture (Kumbaga, mas mataas lang yung clock speed ng Wii ng onti compared sa gamecube). So within a year or two siguro, pag natapos na gamecube emulator, onting tweak lang, emulated narin ang Wii on PC. At onting tweak pa ulit, yakang yaka na siguro sa PS3/XBOX360 ang wii.

Offline istrohilapy_41

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:48:11 AM »
papi,sa tingin ko,wag ka muna bibili ng Nintendo Wii...

mahal pa mga bala nun ngayon...

tsaka madali ata masira ung controller nun eh...

sabi daw ng iba...

nakabili na kasi ung tropa ko nun, sira agad controller,

hindi naman nababagsak....

nagagamit naman ng maayos...

:roll:
wowowee