hulika

Author Topic: I swore to God hindi na ako magmumura, pero p*******a, wala pa rin pagbabago  (Read 41308 times)

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
At dahil noob ako uli, I have the right to ask:

Ano mas maganda, individual stompboxes o multi-fx?

Haha natawa ako dun ah!

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Isn't this thread under the same category? This is still with reference to FM55 right? Just askin.  :-)

Speaking about PM GC in general.  More like, new users, old villain.  
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
As for the ones who have been conquered by Alex's words, let me assure you.  He's a nice guy in person.  His playing is far from impressive, but he has good points.  But once you fall into the bait of his contrabida acts, it's either you're  narrow-minded or you have an ego to protect.
There's a third possibility - maybe some of the people who fall into that so-called bait just isn't the type to take crap so blindly. One can only take so much of that, as you yourself exhibit here (of which I am mildly surprised, dude).

Nevermind him not being above taking the first potshots, himself. My problem with him had always been his sweeping generalizations, many of which are grounded on rather shoddy logic. I don't care how much gear a person has owned or used. Granted that a lot of guitar secrets aren't exactly based on well-founded science, you still can't make definitive conclusions without first hand account on the actual thing you're criticizing.

But like you said, tutal, wala rin namang nagbabago. That's why I hardly bother looking into these threads anymore. Kaya laging huli na ako sa balita, hahaha. When I do, I try my best to sift whatever useful bits there are from his posts. I will acknowledge some of his knowledge and have chosen to avoid getting drawn to a senseless argument with him (it's no longer as amusing as it used to be for me). But I hope you will pardon me if I will never respect him in any online forum until the time comes when he stops pulling his usual unwarranted trash talk.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
There's a third possibility - maybe some of the people who fall into that so-called bait just isn't the type to take crap so blindly. One can only take so much of that, as you yourself exhibit here (of which I am mildly surprised, dude).

Nevermind him not being above taking the first potshots, himself. My problem with him had always been his sweeping generalizations, many of which are grounded on rather shoddy logic. I don't care how much gear a person has owned or used. Granted that a lot of guitar secrets aren't exactly based on well-founded science, you still can't make definitive conclusions without first hand account on the actual thing you're criticizing.

But like you said, tutal, wala rin namang nagbabago. That's why I hardly bother looking into these threads anymore. Kaya laging huli na ako sa balita, hahaha. When I do, I try my best to sift whatever useful bits there are from his posts. I will acknowledge some of his knowledge and have chosen to avoid getting drawn to a senseless argument with him (it's no longer as amusing as it used to be for me). But I hope you will pardon me if I will never respect him in any online forum until the time comes when he stops pulling his usual unwarranted trash talk.

Ditto. If he doesn't learn to respect, he will not earn that respect likewise.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ditto. If he doesn't learn to respect, he will not earn that respect likewise.

Quid pro quo dapat.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
It's really a shame, if he was as nice online as he is in person many would really consider him as a tone guru, even if he can't play well.  But I suppose it's like some drivers, off the wheel they are a sweet as can be but on it they become monsters.  I suppose he has views and opinions that he has trouble expressing in person so he does it online and then some.  I guess it's sort of an online Dutch courage thing.  If there's a term for this, please educate me.

But I do feel this won't change anything. He'll probably lay low for a while, then post harmless opinions to get started,  then he'll be back full swing.  And something like this will happen again, then the cycle repeats itself.  Unless oF course somethin is done right now to nip it at the bud.  But it's not my place to suggest anything to anyone about this topic.

I just like to watch :-D

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Quid pro quo dapat.

Sir, pasensiya na, di ako marunong mag-Latin, paki translate na lang po  :oops: ...

That being said, this could be the next fastest growing thread I have seen in a week!
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus

[/quote ]

Al,  I am  not blindly believing in every tone advice he gives.  I've tried a bunch of his stuff.  His Baker 55 was great.  But the other Baker, with P90s, was 'ok' at least.  The Suhr was great too but I've seen  an Ibanez J-Custom that can compete or even beat it.  I personally did not like the Soldano mods on his SLO100.  To make a long story short, I don't like all of his gear decisions. (But it's his money, so why should I care...)  

Alex is here to alter our consciousness in gear decisions, rather than stick to the gear name game.  Corksniffing at its best.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:09:39 AM by skunky_funk »
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
Dude, not that I am biased, THAT VIDEO OF ALEX is a VERY WRONG REPRESENTATION of the point he wanted to prove.  First off, you cannot illustrate hiyaw with 600bpm 32nd note shredding.  You need to do BENDS across the fretboard.  Second, you should be there IN PERSON.  No amount of recording can capture 'hiyaw'.  Let alone a crappy phone video.   And as someone whose seen Alex demo stuff in front of me, I completely find it unfair to proliferate such video.  But I get you, he does exhibit goofy balyena bends.

mismo to, a cam phone will not do justice to express what a player wanted to say about his tone... how come he cant make a good coverage of his demo while he purchased a kickass guitar imo.
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
mismo to, a cam phone will not do justice to express what a player wanted to say about his tone... how come he cant make a good coverage of his demo while he purchased a kickass guitar imo.

Because recording cannot show the true character of gear being demoed.  The best way is to hear it in person. 
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sir, pasensiya na, di ako marunong mag-Latin, paki translate na lang po  :oops: ...

That being said, this could be the next fastest growing thread I have seen in a week!

Quid pro quo, to put it simply means "equal exchange" of goods, services, treatment(s) and whatnot. So, with regards to your post earlier, respect equals respect dapat. If Alex wants to be respected in this community, he should give respect to others in return.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
hmm...
I sense something is wrong in here...
zzzzzzz

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Speaking about PM GC in general.  More like, new users, old villain.  

welcome back!

yeah.  and the new users react in the way the old users did to the old villain.  :lol:
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
hmm...
I sense something is wrong in here...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? That to think the thinking thoughts of those thinkers is unthinkable?

Quid pro quo, to put it simply means "equal exchange" of goods, services, treatment(s) and whatnot. So, with regards to your post earlier, respect equals respect dapat. If Alex wants to be respected in this community, he should give respect to others in return.

Salamuch!

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
there are a lot of threads out there that IMO are more important, i wonder why its the thread with meaningless and pointless conflicts that are most read and has the most posts.

again there are thousands who go to the forum hoping to learn something, please...
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
A little backread.  Alex (OASGOMEZ) was banned in the past for his 'fighting words' when he lambasted the Philmusic community.  Hence the incarnation of Firemodel55, which was a more subtle character.  

I haven't talked to Alex in years but it just irks me that by now, I hope people have learned to deal with opinions online.  Wanna know how opinionated people can get about gear?  Go to thegearpage.net and harmonycentral.com and you'll realize how tame Firemodel is.  While Alex has always resorted to his f***stick approach, I still think his intentions aren't all that bad.  
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
Because recording cannot show the true character of gear being demoed.  The best way is to hear it in person. 

but how come some people keep asking for youtube demos of theire gear and after seeing em we read replies like _____ kicks #ss, lupet nung _______ mo men ______ ang kapal ng chugs ________ etc..... meaning naaprciate nila yung sound quality basta maganda yung ginamit na cam and malinaw yung sound. why are they watching jack thammarat and guthrie vids kung hindi maganda ang recording ng vid?
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
A little backread.  Alex (OASGOMEZ) was banned in the past for his 'fighting words' when he lambasted the Philmusic community.  Hence the incarnation of Firemodel55, which was a more subtle character.  

I haven't talked to Alex in years but it just irks me that by now, I hope people have learned to deal with opinions online.  Wanna know how opinionated people can get about gear?  Go to thegearpage.net and harmonycentral.com and you'll realize how tame Firemodel is.  While Alex has always resorted to his f***stick approach, I still think his intentions aren't all that bad.  

To which a lot of people might say, "The end does not justify the means."

Although for Alex it's always been about the function of money, gear, and magical tone, for most folks here it's really about his attitude and how he communicates. I find a lot of flaws in his arguments and he makes outrageous, un-objective claims, but it's useless to nitpick cuz you'll never be on the same page and will argue in circles. He talks trash a lot but it's an asar-talo game so you're better off letting it go. He disrespects you but you wonder, "Is it worth earning his respect anyway?" so I just give up. The information he provides are usually neither exclusive nor unique, and his extreme opinion is just one among many. As many others do, I have questioned his qualifications based on his limited music-making experience, but I can't begrudge him for owning the gear that he has; he has just as much right to enjoy it and brag about it. The stickler is that nothing and no one can say who is right and wrong.

Note that most of what happens next after fm55 does his thing is up to the other guys, ie. us?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:17:51 PM by deltaslim »

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
there are a lot of threads out there that IMO are more important, i wonder why its the thread with meaningless and pointless conflicts that are most read and has the most posts.

again there are thousands who go to the forum hoping to learn something, please...

That's life in guitar central for yah... Hehe its been like this since 2003 haha!

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
but how come some people keep asking for youtube demos of theire gear and after seeing em we read replies like _____ kicks #ss, lupet nung _______ mo men ______ ang kapal ng chugs ________ etc..... meaning naaprciate nila yung sound quality basta maganda yung ginamit na cam and malinaw yung sound. why are they watching jack thammarat and guthrie vids kung hindi maganda ang recording ng vid?

Because there is a difference between a "GEAR DEMO" and a "gear PLUS playing skills" demo.  

Put it this way.  Guthrie with crap gear vs. Guthrie with his Suhr and Cornford.  I'd bet he'd sound glorious on both gear but he'd probably sound better with the latter.  But when you post a video of that, the difference will be very, very subtle. If not negligible.

Documenting tone is a very hard thing to do.  Not just for guitar.  The same goes for drums, especially snare drums, most especially in a band setting.  Can you hear the gold-plated rims of Neil Peart's drums in a recording?  As a recording guy, I've always thought gear is always captured  less-than-perfectly.  But what makes things magical are the musical elements like arrangement, talent, songwriting, and of course, moments of excitement in the recording process.  But a gear demo is supposed to suspend those elements and bring the test to a purely sonic experiment.  
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus

Although for Alex it's always been about the function of money, gear, and magical tone, for most folks here it's really about his attitude and how he communicates. I find a lot of flaws in his arguments and he makes outrageous, un-objective claims, but it's useless to nitpick cuz you'll never be on the same page and will argue in circles. He talks trash a lot but it's an asar-talo game so you're better off letting it go. He disrespects you but you wonder, "Is it worth earning his respect anyway?" so I just give up. The information he provides are usually neither exclusive nor unique, and his extreme opinion is just one among many. As many others do, I have questioned his qualifications based on his limited music-making experience, but I can't begrudge him for owning the gear that he has; he has just as much right to enjoy it and brag about it. The stickler is that nothing and no one can say who is right and wrong.

Note that most of what happens next after fm55 does his thing is up to the other guys, ie. us?

Yun oh ang nemesis ni Firemodel haha I can still remember the shoot out challenges between you two hahaha!

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus

Ask ourselves, if Alex did not mentione BOWTEEK ever, would PM people be gassing for boutique pedals?  Just a thought. 
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
Because there is a difference between a "GEAR DEMO" and a "gear PLUS playing skills" demo.  

Put it this way.  Guthrie with crap gear vs. Guthrie with his Suhr and Cornford.  I'd bet he'd sound glorious on both gear but he'd probably sound better with the latter.  But when you post a video of that, the difference will be very, very subtle. If not negligible.

Documenting tone is a very hard thing to do.  Not just for guitar.  The same goes for drums, especially snare drums, most especially in a band setting.  Can you hear the gold-plated rims of Neil Peart's drums in a recording?  As a recording guy, I've always thought gear is always captured  less-than-perfectly.  But what makes things magical are the musical elements like arrangement, talent, songwriting, and of course, moments of excitement in the recording process.  But a gear demo is supposed to suspend those elements and bring the test to a purely sonic experiment.  

I agree with this.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ask ourselves, if Alex did not mentione BOWTEEK ever, would PM people be gassing for boutique pedals?  Just a thought.  

Oh yes bro we are online. So whats to stop anybody from browsing or surfing for new stuff? I believe I was already gassing for some "bowteeek" stuff even before I joined philmusic.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:31:16 PM by bluenote »

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
^^^
dati nasa audiophile alimall ako, may nagbubulungan na puro BOOWWWTEEEK , BOOOWWWTEEEK lang naiintindihan ko, thanks to alex

If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.