hulika

Author Topic: Stories on Stage (may it be Sad, Funny, Weird, Freaky)  (Read 45296 times)

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Sad Stories on Stage
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
Kami pinag-perform sa probinsya, sa binggohan. Ang venue sa plaza.
E syempre binggohan puro matatanda ang nandun. Dapat ang performance namin before mag-start ang jackpot prize. Sabi ng host, "Eto mag-tugtugan muna tayo, gusto nyo bang magrakrakan muna?", "Hinde! Ituloy na yang jackpot!" sinigaw ng audience.

Inusog kami sa ending.

So pagkatapos makuha ang jackpot, salang agad kami. Binilang ko ang audience...tatlo, yung isa tulog pa. Tuloy pa rin pero parang jam na lang.

Offline Freak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
Kami pinag-perform sa probinsya, sa binggohan. Ang venue sa plaza.
E syempre binggohan puro matatanda ang nandun. Dapat ang performance namin before mag-start ang jackpot prize. Sabi ng host, "Eto mag-tugtugan muna tayo, gusto nyo bang magrakrakan muna?", "Hinde! Ituloy na yang jackpot!" sinigaw ng audience.

Inusog kami sa ending.

So pagkatapos makuha ang jackpot, salang agad kami. Binilang ko ang audience...tatlo, yung isa tulog pa. Tuloy pa rin pero parang jam na lang.

:eek:

Offline Freak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
May similar experience ako. We have been invited to play on a typical plaza in a baranggay which is unfortunate to be near the squatters area. We played last for that event. As we are setting up on stage they were only a group of "jologs" left as our audience, I noticed that they were planning for something...

We're all set and hit the first note of our first song just to see them "walk-out" in an organized fashion hehehehe  :lol: we're playing for nobody literally already. Then the brgy official asked us to stop since there's no more around to watch us and handed out the PAYMENT (in full)  :-P

No big deal for me yet it is one of the funniest ever happened in my entire gig life.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »
I have two, both from highschool.

My first "sad" experience was from a Club Dredd gig during that era when productions were flourishing (circa '92-'94).

I can clearly remember that evening:

There was a full moon, and we all felt funky. Even our buddies who hopped in weren't feeling too well. We had to rush a guy to a nearby clinic before the gig coz he wasn't feeling well.

For some strange reason right before the gig, i sprained my ankle. (i forget the details)

bad luck struck again when we found out that we were getting shoved to be the 2nd last band on the list to perform. I lobbied against it, to no avail.

Right when we were about to get onstage, the last band pushed in and set up, to our shock and dismay.

They ended their (horribly noisy, cacophonous) set, dismantled their gear and left.

We get onstage, then just as we were about to begin, the lights suddenly got switched on... Didn't to play a single tune.

Second story, at some sports complex in Cavite.

We rehearsed like crazy, and made our way to the place. it was supposed to be a big local event, and there were HEAPS of bands, IIRC, 40 or something.

We were early and had a soundcheck. Then sat back and chilled, watching the other bands, deflecting the folks that wanted to borrow our gear (c'mon man! bring your own stuff!)

it was our turn to perform (close to the very last again - we must've sucked! hahah) then right after in the middle of the 2nd or 3rd song folks started running out of the complex.

a guy came in wielding a gun and threatened to shoot people. he was a local that couldnt tolerate the noise much longer.

our drummer froze as the guy pointed his gun at him. i snuck away from the stage, i felt that the guy was mighty pissed but wouldnt exactly shoot people.

"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »
Second story, at some sports complex in Cavite.

We rehearsed like crazy, and made our way to the place. it was supposed to be a big local event, and there were HEAPS of bands, IIRC, 40 or something.

We were early and had a soundcheck. Then sat back and chilled, watching the other bands, deflecting the folks that wanted to borrow our gear (c'mon man! bring your own stuff!)

it was our turn to perform (close to the very last again - we must've sucked! hahah) then right after in the middle of the 2nd or 3rd song folks started running out of the complex.

a guy came in wielding a gun and threatened to shoot people. he was a local that couldnt tolerate the noise much longer.

our drummer froze as the guy pointed his gun at him. i snuck away from the stage, i felt that the guy was mighty pissed but wouldnt exactly shoot people.

now THAT is scary :x
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown

Offline IncX

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
not exactly a sad story... but well ... the vocal PA was destroyed. the bass amp was 100 watts, the drummer was high on weed and probably meth, the lights affected our instruments' visbility, and lastly, some guy tried to poke my eyes out with devil horns at 2:36 - i had to do some sort of Matrix manuever

t=144s

i have to warn you, its death metal recorded on a camera that couldnt handle the volume ...

Offline duhve

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
basta gig na bolocks ang gamit = instant sad story

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »
not exactly a sad story... but well ... the vocal PA was destroyed. the bass amp was 100 watts, the drummer was high on weed and probably meth, the lights affected our instruments' visbility, and lastly, some guy tried to poke my eyes out with devil horns at 2:36 - i had to do some sort of Matrix manuever

t=144s

i have to warn you, its death metal recorded on a camera that couldnt handle the volume ...

Tell them about that time we played to ONE DUDE.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »

B.O.T.B. sa school., 2 songs., 1 original (I made one) and 1 cover(seek and destroy)
1 week practice, all is set, good to go!

Then, sa gabi ng patimpalak., nag-back-out si kantatero.,
wala nang ibang pwedeng pumalit., kaya ako ang pinakanta nila kasi ako din naman ang gumawa ng composition.
OK., Go!

Seek and Destroy = forgot the last stanza., tulaley lang ako habang nag r-riff hanggang natapos yung song.,
after the event., nabansagan ako na "sumira sa reputasyon ng Metallica"  :eek:

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline gian363

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
3 years ago wala pa kong sariling gamit so boy buraot, sira yung jack na binigay sakin di tuloy ako makagalaw at battle of the bands pa yun nawawala wala ang tunog ko at mahirap pang ayusin dahil kumakanta ako at 3 piece band lang kami :cry:  :lol:

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »
excited ka na magplay tapos pagplay mo di nagcooperate kamay mo. hahahahaha
hanggang ngayon hindi ko parin alam ang tunog ng ipis

Offline IncX

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2012, 11:05:58 PM »
Tell them about that time we played to ONE DUDE.

ay! yan yung sad story...

Offline MrGobots

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2012, 11:09:53 PM »
the sad story was I was actually on stage... it had a happy ending though, i got off.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Offline IncX

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »
hahaha... ok, so there was this one gig when francis (treblinka), paeng (paengkee) and i had a gig. our drummer booked the gig and it was quite far.

we drove on the way there, and it was so dark and i was still learning how to drive, i ended up hitting one of the islands lol good thing it was low, so it ddnt really mess up anything apart from my wheel alignment.

when we got there, no one was there except for the bar staff and the organizers posse who couldnt care less. we were asked to go on ... and we were like "now?!"

so we got onstage ... weve never seen so many empty chairs before lol (which was something, cause at that point, we werent playing to packed shows anyway). we looked at each other ... and it was funny.

drummer was like "meh. its a gig"

paeng had a "lets just finish this" look on his face

francis was just in a state of denial and he kept saying "we are not here" over and over

i asked him "ey man, are you alright?" he never looked at me and kept repeating "we are not here"

as for me ... i did a james brown split onstage while we were still setting up our instruments lol ... and i heard one of the organizers say "oh look! kaya nya mag split!!!"

hahahaha...

i did not know how the gig ended, but it was really really really sad. at least thats how we felt.

Offline charmonium

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 12:10:17 AM »
hindi naman sad, more like akward.

nag gig kami dati sa center for arts tapos lahat ng kasabay namin puro death metal/ heavy/trash metal. kami lang yung pop rock. hahaha. hindi ako makatingin sa audience e. first band pa ata kami to perform nun.
i live by the uncertainty principle.

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 01:44:11 AM »
Not exactly sad, but more of "comedic" -  bandmates and I showed up at venue after driving overnight just to get there, only to find out........next week pa pala yung event when asked by the venue custodian "what are you doing here?".  To save face, sinimplihan na lang na "advance party....just checking out the venue (pero dala-dala buong rig)......you know, the usual "preparation" thingie".  The first hour driving back home was the longest sixty minutes in our lives.  No one was talking.  After that, napa "Anak ng" yung isa and everyone just burst out laughing.  The remainder of the trip was one big laughfest.  If the cops pulled us over, they would have thought we were high on jutes.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2012, 02:09:20 AM »
Hindi hiyang ang tiyan sa Asian!  :lol:
:idea:

wag lang masaktan yung asawa ko (female vox namin). Pag siya ang tinamaan, mamamaril na ako ng mga tao  :razz:
talagang ibang usapan na yan sir rey.  <_<

@Helmet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have another one, at a gig, our bassist got a little drunk, first song on our setlist was a cover, it was the greatest view by Silverchair, the root chord was "A" i think.

everthing was ok from the intro riff until the first line and first chord of the song,

after which....... our bassist plucked "A" the entire song.

BASSIST:

US:

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »
tumugtug kami dati sa school.

nakatalikod ung bassist at guitarist namin. haha.. sobrang hiya ata nung dalawa.

I can relate to this. Ako naman, pag live gigs na and especially battle of the bands, sobra akong kinakabahan, at lagi akong naka talikod facing the amp assuming na mag-aadjust ako ng EQ. hahahaha. Palusot.

Nakakahinayang lang kasi pagka tapos ng tugtugan, eh pagtingin ko sa mga pictures na kuha ng mga kaibigan ko, ala akong front shot! Talikodgenic lahat!  :eek:
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2012, 08:47:57 AM »
way way back, we got on the bill for one of those bahay ng alumni gigs with a lot of bands listed to play (i remember catching cynthia alexander and barbie and kikomachine iirc) mga 9 pa lang andun na kami but we kept getting bumped further and further down the order because the other bands, for one reason or another, had to leave early or maybe the organizers knew them (and there were some pretty well known bands on the bill) but didn't know anyone in our band until were listed 2nd or 3rd to last to play.

anyway, we got onstage past 2am, our friends had gone home na (5 hours is too long to wait, lalo na if you're sitting on the floor and hindi naman inuman yun), the crowd was thinned to just those who were probably too wasted to get home and by then the amps (i can't remember if they were mic'ed at all, probably not but i think they were valvestate marshalls) had been taking a beating for 5 hours non-stop. first verse pa lang ng first song namin bumigay yung amp ko. completely dead, the power indicator was lit but walang tunog. i switched it off and on and it sputtered on for a while pero wala nang clean tone and, before i can turn around to continue playing, nawala na ulit yung tunog.

within that same song, the amp for the our other guitarist quit na din. the bass amp was working but you couldn't get a clean sound out of it na. aahh the magnificent sound of flubby speakers breathing their last breath.

halos maiyak yung vocalist namin sa inis and we vowed never to play single day events with more than 5 bands listed on the bill, kahit sino pa yung kasabay (since none of us were really into this to "make it" or make a living out of it). and sa buong barkada ako na lang yung hanggang ngayon active pa din. that was the one of the many gigs that convinced them there are lots of easier ways to have fun. :lol:

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
same story din, just recently..early this year..nalagay kami sa 2nd to the last slot..super dami ng banda as in!! kakalungkot kasi kami kami nalang ang natira at yung last band hiniram pa yung bass..(siguro para di kami umuwi) pero super nainip kami...siguro nga next time piliin nalang yung mga gigs na worth it..at wag na masyadong makipagsiksikan sa super huge lineups..waiting 4 or more hours to play 3 songs is not worth it..buti mag jam nalang sa isang studio with your friends..hahaha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline bluesy_pt

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »
Whoa... Any vids? :lol:

Haha, I wish. But I think, may na-upload dati nun sa youtube. Ayoko mag-name drop e.  :idea:

Offline GNOB29

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:21 AM »
sa akin matindi ang nangyari sa school din yun first time ko tumugtog.

nung maglead na ako takte naninigas daliri ko ayaw gumalaw dahil sa sobra kaba...  :-( :cry: :oops:
i already dispose here: Fender Strat 50th Anniversary Made in U.S, Fender Strat MIJ Reverse Headstock, Epiphone Firebird, Godin Acoustic, Octave OC2, XBOX 360.

My Gear: Hamer Vector, Fender Strat 57ri, Warlock and my Pedalboard...

Offline Roller_Caster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »
Biglang nagbrownout habang tumutugtug kami!  :lol:

Offline Freak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »
maapakan ng isang crew ang on/off switch ng extension sa likod ng mga amps  :-P

Offline toybitz

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »
i had issues with our vocalist who had drinking problems.

by the time we're set to play, she's already drunk...

my last gig with her was the worst, her guitar was out of tune or probably tuned to a different key...and I was really, really sweating it out.

it was sad because we were good friends, but I couldn't live playing like that.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?