hulika

Author Topic: My 2005 Winter NAMM Babes Photos  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
My 2005 Winter NAMM Babes Photos
« on: February 18, 2005, 11:18:36 PM »

The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 09:23:58 AM »
so... did you go for the guitars or the babes? you lucky guy you! ;)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 12:21:34 PM »
Ang swerte talaga ni Dodo, pa NAMM NAMM na lang hehehe...

How about also telling us about some musicians or gear you checked out this year... Well ok, you can stick to your own products :-)

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 04:03:08 PM »
The main reason I go to Winter NAMM every year is to meet musical instrument (MI) & pro-audio product suppliers. We talk about current business, Philippine market, new products, sales forecasts, purchase orders, etc. It is not exactly fun for me to attend meetings during NAMM. I always get pressured by suppliers to order more products. To give you an idea on how busy I was, just take a look at my schedule below:

day 1 - Harman Pro (HPro) international conference in Pasadena
day 2 - HPro conference, Pasadena & QSC global sales meet, Costa Mesa
day 3 - HPro conference, Pasadena & QSC global sales meet, Costa Mesa
day 4 - Digitech anniversary & Samson Audio int'l sales meet, Anaheim
day 5 - Shure wireless mic seminar & meetings w/ 11 suppliers at NAMM
day 6 - Rane breakfast, meetings w/ another 11 suppliers, & Shure dinner

The HPro group consists of 9 brands of audio products -- JBL Pro loudspeakers, Crown power amps, dbx signal processors, Lexicon effects processors, Soundcraft mixers, AKG mics, Digitech sound processors, and BSS Audio dsp systems. They are currently developing highly advanced audio equipment using CobraNet to distribute realtime and uncompressed digital audio over Ethernet.

Whew!
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 05:27:10 PM »
women or guitars? what kind of a question is that?!?! guitars of course!! women come and go but the tone of a good acoustic and the great resonance of a well made axe is next to impossible to find....know how long it took me to find my guitars?!?!? waited 4 bloody years on the PRS waiting list and 3 years for my 2 ESP custom guitars!
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 11:35:19 PM »
I connected through wifi just to view those gigantic pix, hehehe
Well now that I see them, there are some beauts, also some really skanky wimmen!  :shock:  Would like to see more pix of the gear instead Dodo!! :D

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 10:07:32 AM »
I didn't take any pictures of gear because they are already featured in the product catalogs/brochures or product information CD package anyway. However, I shall take pics of gear when I attend the next trade show, the PALA show in Singapore and/or the CALM show in Beijing, China.

Here are some product updates, new Digitech pedals featured at NAMM.

JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE

Since the first time the world experienced Jimi Hendrix, things have never been the same. Digitech is honored to be chosen by the Hendrix family, to emblazon Jimi's prophetic musical vision into a truly remarkable performance tool through Digitech's Production Modeling technology.

Introducing The Jimi Hendrix Experience, the only pedal to capture the tones that changed guitar playing forever.

The pedal was created using the original masters at Electric Lady Studios in association with Eddie Kramer, the original recording engineer. The Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal so closely models the fine nuances of Jimi's sounds that each pedal requires TWO of Digitech's AudioDNA DSP chips!

New Digitech Production Modeling technology accurately models signature Jimi Hendrix tones
  • Three dual concentric knobs and one model control gives you multiple creative options
  • Separate amp and mixer outputs
  • Rugged case metal chassis and large treadle
  • Custom artist pedal gig bag and pick
  • Digitech pedal power supply
  • [/list:u]
"You realize what a tremendous body of work Jimi has left behind. What we are doing here is taking a little piece of Jimi and putting it in a pedal that will stun the world." - Eddie Kramer

And, here are some links to the Harmony Central website for more product news.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 11:49:37 AM »
Quote from: Tarkuz Toccata
I didn't take any pictures of gear because they are already featured in the product catalogs/brochures or product information CD package anyway.

Yup, and I didn't find any pics of the wimyn in their product catalogs/brochures, nothing!  :wink:

Offline julianesmiles

• Philmusicus Noobitus
your own recording studio
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 12:00:33 PM »
pre, need help. can you tell me naman budget for very small recordingstudio. yung pang room ba and ok na din yung gamit and can produced records na pwede di lang demo ang dating. can you tell me what equipments do i need to.

it'll be a great help man.

thanks
freedom is just within you...........

Offline dod

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 06:37:14 PM »
hindi lang audio equipment ang kailangan mo. dapat ayusin mo muna ang acoustics ng kwarto mo. please register at Audio + Acoustics Forum then ask your questions there.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 11:30:44 PM »
Quote from: Tarkuz Toccata
I didn't take any pictures of gear because they are already featured in the product catalogs/brochures or product information CD package anyway. However, I shall take pics of gear when I attend the next trade show, the PALA show in Singapore and/or the CALM show in Beijing, China.

I attended the China Audio, Lights, Music (CALM) Expo held at the China International Exhibition Center in Beijing last month. This annual trade show is huge with around 10 to 12 halls filled with products for professional sound, video, lights and music industries. I took pictures of some gear but I think my CALM babes photos are more interesting. Hehe!

After 2 days of business meetings, I went to The Forbidden City for a bit of sightseeing. Wow, the old magnificent palaces are really creepy! They also have this narrow well where a Chinese Emperor's favorite concubine was flung head first by two eunuchs as ordered by the Emperor's mother. Because the well was narrow (about two handspans across), the eunuchs jumped on the shrieking girl to force her down...