hulika

Author Topic: "PEDAL FOR METAL"  (Read 350243 times)

Offline LaXter

Re: "PEDAL FOR METAL"
« Reply #2125 on: March 27, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »
Hi peeps! For users nung Friedman BEOD Deluxe, is the price worth the plunge or are there other high gain pedals na cheaper but can still deliver?

I currently have the dirty shirley pedal on my board as my main drive pedal, I always stack it with my TS mini pero since I got it, I kind of think na somehow may kulang, I can't pin point kung ano pero I just feel na kulang. I really loved the high gain sound and the grit nung BEOD but I sounded so thin through the mix that's why I replaced it with the dirty shirley dahil sa mid knob. Ngayon naman I'm thinking to get the beod deluxe to replace my dirty shirley and my ep boost. Tingin niyo is it worth the price or should I consider other pedals?

Cheers!!! :wave:
GAS-Masked

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2126 on: March 27, 2019, 04:10:10 PM »
Hi peeps! For users nung Friedman BEOD Deluxe, is the price worth the plunge or are there other high gain pedals na cheaper but can still deliver?

I currently have the dirty shirley pedal on my board as my main drive pedal, I always stack it with my TS mini pero since I got it, I kind of think na somehow may kulang, I can't pin point kung ano pero I just feel na kulang. I really loved the high gain sound and the grit nung BEOD but I sounded so thin through the mix that's why I replaced it with the dirty shirley dahil sa mid knob. Ngayon naman I'm thinking to get the beod deluxe to replace my dirty shirley and my ep boost. Tingin niyo is it worth the price or should I consider other pedals?

Yung BE-OD, $199. For an additional $70 you'll get the old BE-OD plus a mid frequency control...and an additional channel with the same controls but higher gain. I don't think a dirty shirley (medium gain) and tubescreamer (low - medium gain) will get you into BE-OD deluxe territories. Parehas rin pala ang presyo ng BE-OD Deluxe at Dirty Shirley + TS.

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2127 on: March 27, 2019, 09:08:38 PM »

Baka yung tightness ang hinahanap mo.

Have you checked the Revv G3 and G4 pedals?
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline dewberry

« Reply #2128 on: March 28, 2019, 02:31:15 AM »
Baka yung tightness ang hinahanap mo.

Have you checked the Revv G3 and G4 pedals?

+1 for Revv .

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2129 on: March 28, 2019, 10:21:16 AM »

I do prefer the BEOD Dlx vs the BEOD. You have much more flexibility, and the mid control is really really handy. I don't think you'll get the same results with the Shirley plus TS.

Revv pedals are worth checking out.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2130 on: March 28, 2019, 03:03:15 PM »
Biyang METAL END!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline LaXter

« Reply #2131 on: April 01, 2019, 02:43:10 PM »
I do prefer the BEOD Dlx vs the BEOD. You have much more flexibility, and the mid control is really really handy. I don't think you'll get the same results with the Shirley plus TS.

Revv pedals are worth checking out.

I think yung mid control talaga yung lacking sa BEOD, that's why I was always stacking it with an OD with pronounced mids kaso alaws pa din, ang nipis ko pa din.

Will definitely check out those Revv pedals, thanks!
GAS-Masked

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2132 on: April 03, 2019, 10:03:16 AM »
I think yung mid control talaga yung lacking sa BEOD, that's why I was always stacking it with an OD with pronounced mids kaso alaws pa din, ang nipis ko pa din.

Will definitely check out those Revv pedals, thanks!

Just got my Revv G3 last Monday, ordered from Pedallion.com. It's super good. I have to say I like it more than the BEOD Deluxe, and probably all other distortion pedals I've previously owned.  :-D

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:08:47 PM by cayle »

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2133 on: April 03, 2019, 09:32:42 PM »
Just got my Revv G3 last Monday, ordered from Pedallion.com. It's super good. I have to say I like it more than the BEOD Deluxe, and probably all other distortion pedals I've previously owned.  :-D

Cayle, namimili ba ng amp?
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2134 on: April 07, 2019, 12:40:34 PM »
Cayle, namimili ba ng amp?

Consistent naman sya so far. Very tweakable yung EQ niya.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2135 on: April 08, 2019, 09:37:52 PM »

HOLY.SHIYET.  :drool:

Great Pedal + Great Amp = Great Tone I Suppose
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2136 on: May 30, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »
Anyone tried out the Apex Preamp? Can't decide between this or the Revv G3.

My MI Audio TubeZone is dying, and am looking for a good replacement.

Offline dewberry

« Reply #2137 on: August 22, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »
KSR Amplification CERES Preamp .

Offline Shred_22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2138 on: November 24, 2019, 11:23:10 PM »
mga sir pa suggest naman ng high gain pedal.

Currently kakakuha ko lang ng wampler triple wreck pero di ko nagustuhan parang mas ok pa yung metal muff w/ top boost na gamit ko before.. Malinaw tunog ng triple wreck saka angat pero na lalambutan ako eh di ganun ka bigat.. Naka gamit din ako ng fullbore metal before sobrang tapang at talas naman tapos sa live di ganong angat.

Na iisip ko tuloy amptweaker tight metal.. or may iba paba kayong suggestion?

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2139 on: November 25, 2019, 04:56:25 AM »
mga sir pa suggest naman ng high gain pedal.

Currently kakakuha ko lang ng wampler triple wreck pero di ko nagustuhan parang mas ok pa yung metal muff w/ top boost na gamit ko before.. Malinaw tunog ng triple wreck saka angat pero na lalambutan ako eh di ganun ka bigat.. Naka gamit din ako ng fullbore metal before sobrang tapang at talas naman tapos sa live di ganong angat.

Na iisip ko tuloy amptweaker tight metal.. or may iba paba kayong suggestion?
Revv G3 or G4 na sir.. Ok din yung Tight Metal Pro.