hulika

Author Topic: LaCie announces gargantuan 96TB external hard drive  (Read 2114 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
LaCie announces gargantuan 96TB external hard drive
« on: April 25, 2016, 04:01:41 PM »
You can buy single hard drives that are 10TB in size these days, but for most people that’s overkill. Even consumers who take plenty of photos and videos only need a few terabytes of local storage right now. But LaCie is going after professionals with its new external drive. The 12big Thunderbolt 3 offers up to 96TB of storage for the discriminating video editor. Maybe one day we’ll all need dozens of terabytes, but for now the 12big is being pushed as a solution for storing hour upon hour of 4K video in a single rig.

As the name implies, the 12big includes 12 7,200 RPM hard drives. It has a hardware RAID controller that can handle RAID 5 and 6. The amount of usable formatted space will depend on the RAID configuration chosen. With RAID 5 any one of the array’s drives can fail without damaging the data. RAID 6 adds additional redundancy that can handle two failed (or missing) drives without losing data. With the largest 96TB variant in RAID 5, LaCie estimates editors will be able to store about 100 hours of 4K video in ProRes 444 XQ format.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/226889-lacie-announces-gargantuan-96tb-external-hard-drive
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: LaCie announces gargantuan 96TB external hard drive
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »
hmm, a pr0n repository of your own.

interesting.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline coy_2cute

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: LaCie announces gargantuan 96TB external hard drive
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:26:40 AM »
USB Type C... hmmm.
Session Bassist here! Doing bass duties for Pulsera, •Rael• and The Very First Hey! Hire me! I'm Available!