hulika

Author Topic: Deftones - White Pony  (Read 3706 times)

Offline rx queen

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Deftones - White Pony
« on: June 19, 2002, 10:17:20 AM »
What do you think about the 'tones latest album? I know it was released a long time ago, but I just wanted to hear your reviews...

Although this album is definitely much more erm... mellow than the last one (Around the Fur), I would have to say that it is by far my favorite. I'm especially fond of "Passenger" and of course, "Change".

All in all, it has that trademark Deftones moodiness courtesy of Chino's sweet croons and angry lashes. I think it's worth the money.

Anyone?

Offline flossman

Deftones - White Pony
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 04:17:47 PM »
i'm not a big fan of rapcore or nu-metal but i have to admit the deftones are exceptional.  i haven't heard white pony though i think around the fur is excellent. it also doesn't hurt that they cited robert smith and martin gore as a few of their primary influences.
...and all that could have been

Offline caisenma

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Deftones - White Pony
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 01:15:19 PM »
I like White Pony a lot.. Too bad my copy is the one without the bonus track. Although I have to say I listen to Around the Fur more often. It's probably my most favorite Deftones album simply because "Be Quiet and Drive" is in it. I just love that song...

Also, I read somewhere that Deftones is like the metal version of Radiohead. Do you agree with that? I dont mind them being associated with them coz Im a big Radiohead fan.

:D
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect... then why practice?

Offline x_kolehiyala

Deftones - White Pony
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 05:16:56 AM »
Quote from: caisenma
I like White Pony a lot.. Too bad my copy is the one without the bonus track. Although I have to say I listen to Around the Fur more often. It's probably my most favorite Deftones album simply because "Be Quiet and Drive" is in it. I just love that song...

Also, I read somewhere that Deftones is like the metal version of Radiohead. Do you agree with that? I dont mind them being associated with them coz Im a big Radiohead fan.

:D

Hei, i agree with you in that.  I'm a Radiohead fan (but not really big) and I think they are really geniuses in their own crafts.
I especially like Deftones although the White Pony album is my first album from them.  When I play Digital Bath and Change, man, I could fly like Chino does in the songs.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Bangs, Almost Famous

Offline Knightmare_Soul

Deftones - White Pony
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 11:07:29 PM »
Quote from: Robot Stampede
Deftones can suck on my left nut, choke on it, and die.
I....cannot be taken unto
All that I have cannot be taken...

Offline x_kolehiyala

Deftones - White Pony
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 04:33:42 AM »
duh?..
hey NightmaRe, (este Knightmare) would you kindly please make your comment more specific.. a more understandable quote that would enlighten us all.

:confused:
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Bangs, Almost Famous

Offline flossman

Deftones - White Pony
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2002, 07:17:26 PM »

i wouldn't go as far as calling the deftones a metal band, but they do make hard agressive music. but what sets them apart from the rest of the lame-assed nu-metal idiots is their willingness to constantly change their sound with every album. them and nine inch nails seem the only bands left that understand how a whisper can be as intense as a throat-shearing yell---a concept that's lost in today's "hard" musical climate. we're approaching an era where hard music and nasty lyrics are becoming more acceptable and more cliched. maybe marilyn manson would make a gospel album this time just to shock people.
...and all that could have been

Offline HookerWitaPenis

• Netizen Level
Deftones - White Pony
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2002, 12:23:58 PM »
The Deftones are good but there are not the METAL version of Radiohead....Ever hears of Tool? Queens of The Stone Age? im sure u hav....theykill the Deftones, no contest whatsoever... Maynard was actually a guess vocalist on one of the songs inWhite Pony
Chino's voice doesnt impress me either