hulika

Author Topic: What is the Jazz and blues scene like in Manila?  (Read 1572 times)

Offline doctorgroove

• Philmusicus Noobitus
What is the Jazz and blues scene like in Manila?
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:56:21 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings!
I am a mature seasoned professional Jazz/Standards/Blues/Variety drummer based in Las Vegas. I am interested in finding work in the Jazz/ Blues circuit in Manila and surrounding regions. I have extensive experience w/Blues (Have toured nationally with several artists) and Jazz Standards. I also have extensive cruise ship experience. My most recent cruise contract was six months on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines with a piano trio doing standards, Great American Songbook, and Tin Pan Alley repertoire. I am available to travel on fairly short notice and can stay for six months or more. Can provide a video (youtube) link upon request.
Any information that anyone can give me would also be greatly appreciated.

I thank you in advance,

Andrew

drgroove_938@hotmail.com
01+360-223-298

Offline butoyonly

• Veteran Member
Re: What is the Jazz and blues scene like in Manila?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
very limited to none at all bro. kindly pm me your links, ty.
kapish.  "Inhalation of vomit due to barbiturate intoxication."

Offline saxmanronald

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:42:57 PM »
Its true. It's very limited and if you hope to find work to sustain you financially, forget it. The scene exists but it only does because musicians who love to play it, play because they want to sometimes for little or no money. most of the community gets together for regular jams but other than that, there's nothing.

Offline hack3rberry

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:14:28 AM »
so sad :-(
references: bossingboss, mandoytz, dewberry, guitbox, micsis, groundzero, jack72, mondemonle, blackmanika, progfather, mr_orange316, ricabb7, jon_caparas, r_chino18, joyrdindin, call_of_ktulu25, guitarer1105,Letour,Xelly,rtf_axeman,alalala