hulika

Author Topic: Cavalier Pickups Reviews  (Read 1678 times)

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Cavalier Pickups Reviews
« on: May 26, 2017, 12:23:06 AM »
Any users of Cavs pickups? Let me know how it holds up in yer guitar.

Planning to buy the SRV Tiger neck pup soon. Anyone who wants to tug theirs is most welcome. Let me know. Thanks.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Cavalier Pickups Reviews
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 07:46:33 AM »
Hi bro. I have a Cavalier Fat Lion which was in my tele for about 4 years before I moved on to a Rumpelstiltskin 1950 Black Rope pickup. The Fat Lion is now in a Fender rosewood telecaster. Rob Distefano is a great guy to talk to. His products are great. The Fat Lion is an overwound tele pickup, much like the BKP Piledriver with slightly less output. It's got a muscular twang. Plenty of mids. I made the shift to the Black Rope becase I wanted a "cleaner" set since I already have a Chopper T loaded tele if I need the extra oomph and muscle.

I hope robmnnql can chime in here. He recommended Cavalier to me a few years ago.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:27:52 PM by cayle »

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 07:03:02 PM »
uy finals na sila ngayon ah....subscribing...interested.

has anyone tried zhangbucker?

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »
Hi bro. I have a Cavalier Fat Lion which was in my tele for about 4 years before I moved on to a Rumpelstiltskin 1950 Black Rope pickup. The Fat Lion is now in a Fender rosewood telecaster. Rob Distefano is a great guy to talk to. His products are great. The Fat Lion is an overwound tele pickup, much like the BKP Piledriver with slightly less output. It's got a muscular twang. Plenty of mids. I made the shift to the Black Rope becase I wanted a "cleaner" set since I already have a Chopper T loaded tele if I need the extra oomph and muscle.

I hope robmnnql can chime in here. He recommended Cavalier to me a few years ago.

Cool bro. How does it compare to your DP172? Been thinking of having a similar HS setup by pairing my DP318 with Cavs' SRV Tiger in the neck position. Hope both compliment each other well. Agree, Rob's been responding to my emails fast! :-D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:08:51 PM »
Hey Nicko, I hope this can help.. here's a pretty old recording we did with the Cavalier Fat Lion. You can hear the "muscular twang" one the first clean parts. And it sounds fat (as the name implies) when with an OD/dist pedal.

It's quite different from the Chopper T bridge since the Fat Lion still has some of that single coil bite despite the fatness.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 12:31:50 AM »
Hey Nicko, I hope this can help.. here's a pretty old recording we did with the Cavalier Fat Lion. You can hear the "muscular twang" one the first clean parts. And it sounds fat (as the name implies) when with an OD/dist pedal.

It's quite different from the Chopper T bridge since the Fat Lion still has some of that single coil bite despite the fatness.

Me likey!!! Kinda like the quarter pounder of Seymour Duncan. Bold. Full. Fat.

What I'm particularly interested to know also is the difference of this Fat Lion to Dimarzio's Twang King. :-D

PS. Just placed an order of the Twin Lion (Fat/Nashville) with my SRV Tiger. I blame the Pua bros for this GAS attack.  :wave:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:48:50 AM by cacophony »