hulika

Author Topic: ZT lunch box and Soldano Jet City (20 watts?) amp's experience  (Read 604 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
ZT lunch box and Soldano Jet City (20 watts?) amp's experience
« on: November 29, 2009, 12:50:27 PM »
so my local GC is stocking these, i havent done much research on these amps because i just got a call they just arrived :D,

ZT Lunch Box - $249

So tried the ZT Lunch box was 250 could be 200 if you have your $50 off coupon at hand.., we brought the amp to the vault tried it with a Fender American Deluxe Ash tele, during this Scott(store manager) has given me an earful of info that it can be cranked like a tube amp(its solidstate as he said), cleans were nice, but lacked bass..what do you expect from a small speaker.(its sounded it was going to die when he cranked it and it was annoying with all the mids and highs just crackin  :lol:)..so he suggested plugging it through an Egnater Rebel 112x Cab, so im already hoping for it to have a decent bassy sound(like a marshall lead 15 at least)..still sounded louder but no bass..so i had enough and so was the manager ..meh to it, didnt suite what im looking for..im better with a bugera V5 than this

Soldano Jet City Amp - 299 head + 139 cab

Neat! tried the head + cab version..near flawless craft!(some light scratches), neat didnt get a lot of info since it just arrive, tested with the same guitar for few minutes then with a MM silhouette, louder than the blackstar HT5, cleans were comparable but it has more mid presence, bright sounding with good bass even with cleans!, the crunch is different though crunchy mids,  these will definitely go up,

came out empty handed though..

*note on Delta Lab pedals..they sound like crap(19 a pc).. :lol:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:58:00 PM by bryanarzaga »