hulika

Author Topic: Lets see those Snares!  (Read 404093 times)

Offline y2jae21

Re: Lets see those Snares!
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 07:16:55 PM »
warlord praetorian (bell brass) yun 2000. dami ko nakitang reviews tungkol dun and its not worth the price daw since very minimal ang difference nya compared to other models specially the spartan (stainless steel)

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 10:57:04 PM »
nakakahawa yung snare envy mo bro. Peeves...i think i have it, too.... :evil: :evil:
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline boypalo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 11:17:28 PM »
Pasali ha.

Pearl Chad Smith Signature Snare
Pearl Joey Jordison Signature Snare
Pearl Omar Hakim Signature Snare
Yamaha Steve Gadd (Birch) Signature Snare
Yamaha Dave Weckl (13") Signature Snare
Pearl Eric Singer Signature Snare
Custom 13"x 8" Fibreglass Snare
Custom 14"x 4" Birdseye Maple Snare
13"x 3" Ludwig Black Beauty
!0"x 2" Sonor Jungle Snare
10"x 6" PDP

Our current favorite for recordings -- the Black Panther Hammered Phosphor Bronze Snare. I have been partial to wood snares for a very long time, but right now, I seem to be having a love affair with my metal snares. :-)

Our newest snare doesn't have a picture yet -- It's a Worldmax Hammered Hawg 14"x6.5" Hammered Brass Snare.

Got this photo from the web.

I had some others custom built for me by Tito Marquez (including the 13x8 fibreglass snare mentioned above) -- a 10x5, an 8" and a 6" snare, all made of fibreglass, and a tambourine on which he installed snare wires too.

...Haaaay naku. Sana balang araw magamit ni Rickson ito lahat nang sabay sabay... then again, I only have 3 snare stands. :-)

:-o
tulo laway**
Kill the trolls

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 11:30:36 PM »
Pasali ha.

10"x 6" PDP

Our current favorite for recordings -- the Black Panther Hammered Phosphor Bronze Snare. I have been partial to wood snares for a very long time, but right now, I seem to be having a love affair with my metal snares. :-)

Our newest snare doesn't have a picture yet -- It's a Worldmax Hammered Hawg 14"x6.5" Hammered Brass Snare.

I had some others custom built for me by Tito Marquez (including the 13x8 fibreglass snare mentioned above) -- a 10x5, an 8" and a 6" snare, all made of fibreglass, and a tambourine on which he installed snare wires too.

nakakaiyak.

:cry:

Offline Setsuna_Boy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 04:47:42 AM »
Pasali ha.

10"x 6" PDP

Got this photo from the web.

...Haaaay naku. Sana balang araw magamit ni Rickson ito lahat nang sabay sabay... then again, I only have 3 snare stands. :-)

Kung ako lang tatanungin, panalo na to... Sir Marving, ang lufet ng snares mo, hayyyy... kailan kaya ako magkaka-ganyan hehehe...

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2007, 05:38:25 AM »
I would love to have a nice snare drum collection too, just like bros Dindin and Marvin Q. and Wowee Posadas.  So far, I am a proud and happy owner of 3 great snare drums...

I call this my Old Faithful.  This is my 5.5"x14" Tama Starclassic Maple snare drum in Gold Sunburst finish.  I bought this in Kuala Lumpur on early 2003, and this is the first high-end snare drum that I've ever owned.  This is a first-generation Starclassic model, so it still has the 8-lug configuration (newer models already have 10) and the original-design snare throw-off mechanism.  This is a very versatile snare drum which has a warm tone (a maple character), a good amount of crack, and exceptional cross-stick and rimshot sounds (thanks to its die-cast hoops).  This drum also got quite valuable because its shell interior has the signatures of four great drummers - Simon Phillips (signed on October '05), Dom Famularo (signed on July '06), Kenny Aronoff (signed on October '06), and Pat Torpey (signed on April '07).  This drum means a lot to me.

Next is my Magic Drum.  This is my 5"x13" Tama Artwood Maple snare drum, in Natural Maple finish.  This is my current workhorse, and it's pretty much a mainstay on my band K24/7's gigs.  This drum has so much attitude, and it works very well on R&B, hip-hop and groovy styles of music.  Though I bet this can also work on most situations which require a cracking, cutting, power piccolo sound.  I call it my Magic Drum because it never fails to amaze its listeners.  It gets so much praise and compliments from bandmates, fellow drummers, and colleagues.  This is the drum that everybody wants to steal from me haha!

And here's the Popcorn.  This is my 6"x10" PDP 805 snare drum in orange finish with black hardware.  Eversince I joined K24/7 and began playing groovy music on a regular basis, I always thought of acquiring a small side snare which can simulate snare backbeats from electronic drum beats & can give me an alternative sound.  Lyric's timing was just perfect, because they shipped in these side snares.  And the great thing is, these 805 drums are not so expensive.  The "popcorn" pop and crack is there, and with the snares turned off, it can double as a timbale-sounding drum.  This little drum is a pocket rocket.

For my reviews of my Tama Artwood Maple and PDP 805 snare drums, click on these links.
5"x13" Tama Artwood Maple - http://anthonydio.multiply.com/reviews/item/4
6"x10" PDP 805 - http://anthonydio.multiply.com/reviews/item/7

For more drum-related pics, feel free to visit my Multiply blogsite's photo albums.  You can check out my Snare Drum Wish List photo album there, so that you'll know what I want for Christmas haha! :-)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:15:03 AM by drumster »

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 06:45:37 AM »
warlord praetorian (bell brass) yun 2000. dami ko nakitang reviews tungkol dun and its not worth the price daw since very minimal ang difference nya compared to other models specially the spartan (stainless steel)

I believe that with the Warlord snare drums, we pay more for its cosmetics (Swarovski crystals embedded on the lugs and emblems), special finishes, and potential collectible value.

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 07:03:54 AM »
Kung ako lang tatanungin, panalo na to... Sir Marving, ang lufet ng snares mo, hayyyy... kailan kaya ako magkaka-ganyan hehehe...

That'd be marvinQ. :-)

Well, these past years I've been working like there's no tomorrow... haha. I actually started with the fibreglass drums by Tito Marquez, because they're pretty good and pretty affordable too. My studio indeed is my biggest obsession, and hence, it takes a big part of my earnings (and lately, it's been rewarding me with additional earnings too. :-)) I guess I've been wanting to have a snare collection (considering that I'm not a drummer) so much that I actually fooled myself into thinking that I need them.

I've been meaning to come up with my own collection of drum and cymbal samples, and drum programming has been an obsession of mine for a very long time.

Plus, with a drummer like the very talented Rickson Ruiz, I really don't think any of my drum-related purchases are going to waste. :-)

As for the Warlord series drums, I think they're more of an eye candy, although I almost wanted to start learning how to play drums when I saw the drumset in Canada, and then at Guitar Center in Hollywood.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »
Me too. And when I looked at my budget, and the other things I wanted to get, I got the Worldmax instead... :-)
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline wax_static

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 06:35:16 PM »
I would love to have a nice snare drum collection too, just like bros Dindin and Marvin Q. and Wowee Posadas.  So far, I am a proud and happy owner of 3 great snare drums...

[

I call this my Old Faithful.  This is my 5.5"x14" Tama Starclassic Maple snare drum in Gold Sunburst finish.  I bought this in Kuala Lumpur on early 2003, and this is the first high-end snare drum that I've ever owned.  This is a first-generation Starclassic model, so it still has the 8-lug configuration (newer models already have 10) and the original-design snare throw-off mechanism.  This is a very versatile snare drum which has a warm tone (a maple character), a good amount of crack, and exceptional cross-stick and rimshot sounds (thanks to its die-cast hoops).  This drum also got quite valuable because its shell interior has the signatures of four great drummers - Simon Phillips (signed on October '05), Dom Famularo (signed on July '06), Kenny Aronoff (signed on October '06), and Pat Torpey (signed on April '07).  This drum means a lot to me.

Next is my Magic Drum.  This is my 5"x13" Tama Artwood Maple snare drum, in Natural Maple finish.  This is my current workhorse, and it's pretty much a mainstay on my band K24/7's gigs.  This drum has so much attitude, and it works very well on R&B, hip-hop and groovy styles of music.  Though I bet this can also work on most situations which require a cracking, cutting, power piccolo sound.  I call it my Magic Drum because it never fails to amaze its listeners.  It gets so much praise and compliments from bandmates, fellow drummers, and colleagues.  This is the drum that everybody wants to steal from me haha!

And here's the Popcorn.  This is my 6"x10" PDP 805 snare drum in orange finish with black hardware.  Eversince I joined K24/7 and began playing groovy music on a regular basis, I always thought of acquiring a small side snare which can simulate snare backbeats from electronic drum beats & can give me an alternative sound.  Lyric's timing was just perfect, because they shipped in these side snares.  And the great thing is, these 805 drums are not so expensive.  The "popcorn" pop and crack is there, and with the snares turned off, it can double as a timbale-sounding drum.  This little drum is a pocket rocket.

For my reviews of my Tama Artwood Maple and PDP 805 snare drums, click on these links.

For more drum-related pics, feel free to visit my Multiply blogsite's photo albums.  You can check out my Snare Drum Wish List photo album there, so that you'll know what I want for Christmas haha! :-)

great snares sir Drumster, I remember you brought your magic snare at a mini EB, I was lucky enough to see and hear it... talagang magic... can't believe that the sound is coming from that snare...... nasa studio pa naman kmi nun, confined yung space kaya talagang ma appreciate mo yung sound... hehehe count me in to those who want to steal that snare!!! :evil:

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 04:56:26 AM »

great snares sir Drumster, I remember you brought your magic snare at a mini EB, I was lucky enough to see and hear it... talagang magic... can't believe that the sound is coming from that snare...... nasa studio pa naman kmi nun, confined yung space kaya talagang ma appreciate mo yung sound... hehehe count me in to those who want to steal that snare!!! :evil:

Thanks for appreciating, bro!  Nobody can steal the Magic Drum from me hehehe!    :lol:

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 09:03:43 AM »

Nice snares Anthony! They look like they are very well taken care of! Ang linis! OC ka nga talaga! My snares have battle scars na dahil sa mga gigs! Akin nalang yung Starclassic mo! hehehe

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2007, 06:17:23 PM »
Thanks bro Dindin!  Yup, I really take good care of my stuff, and I like them clean and shiny.  My snares also have a few of those small battle scars, no thanks to clip-on mic holders hehe!  Pero buti na lang hindi halata kasi maliliit lang & thankfully hindi naman na-damage yung mga finishes.

Hmm... Some of your nice Zildjian cymbals for my Starclassic??  Hahaha joke lang bro!  :lol:  Hindi ko mabibitawan itong Starclassic ko.  :-)

By the way, you also have a nice bunch of snares.  Aprub!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:32:32 PM by drumster »

Offline Setsuna_Boy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2007, 06:43:40 PM »
Sir Drumster, are 805 snares good for any type of music? is it good for rock or heavy metal music? I saw the snare in Lyrics and its quite affordable too. Just wanna have an idea just in case I want to buy a snare. Thanks in advance...

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »
Great snares bro Dio! :-D I see you very cautious with your items too! They are in great shape! And what a great collection of artist signatures!!!
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 06:00:47 AM »
Sir Drumster, are 805 snares good for any type of music? is it good for rock or heavy metal music? I saw the snare in Lyrics and its quite affordable too. Just wanna have an idea just in case I want to buy a snare. Thanks in advance...

You can read my review of the 6"x10" PDP 805 snare here --- http://anthonydio.multiply.com/reviews/item/7 .

Like what we say, it always depends on the music.  If you're referring to the 6"x10" size, I think it has limited applications on rock and metal music (though pwede naman as long as it fits certain songs).  For heavily-layered, amplified music, it's wise to use instruments which has the volume that can cut through thick walls of sound. 

One asset of my 805 side snare is its volume.  On our bar gigs, I don't need to mic this little drum.  It's naturally loud, and it cuts through the music.  So I think its bigger-sized 13" and 14" siblings might have the same characteristics.

Great snares bro Dio! :-D I see you very cautious with your items too! They are in great shape! And what a great collection of artist signatures!!!

Thanks bro!  Like what I said, I take really good care of my equipment.  I don't see maintenance as a chore.  It's a labor of love.  And yeah I'm lucky to have those great drummers sign my snare drum.  It was all great timing and opportunity.   8-)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:30:04 AM by drumster »

Offline greysky

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2007, 10:53:21 AM »
Makikisali lang po
Got this snare yesterday at JB Megamall
Thanks sa mababait na staff nila  :-D

Heres my Gretsch Renown Maple 14x6.5 Silver Sparkle Finish

"If you can't accept losing, you can't win!"

Offline dreamtheaterfan66f

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2007, 01:16:16 PM »
ganda sir! ideal dimension ko yan e 14x6.5! ano po tunog nya?comparable po ba sa jordison?tnx po

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »
ganda sir! ideal dimension ko yan e 14x6.5! ano po tunog nya?comparable po ba sa jordison?tnx po

IMO, The Gretsch Renown Maple 14" x 6.5" sounds better than the Jordison...

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »
laki ng iniba niyang gretsch sa jordison... maple vs steel, 14" vs 13".

ang maple ang isa sa pinaka-warm na shell material... ang steel, isa sa pinaka-bright (kahit para sa bakal na snare, sobrang bright talaga ng steel). tapos ang laki ng iniba ng dynamics ng 14" na snare sa 13". hindi mo makukumpara talaga kung alin ang mas maganda e - masasabi mo lang kung alin ang mas swak sa gusto mong tunog.

mabuti pang subukan mo na lang pareho yung mga drum. papayagan ka naman siguro kung mukha kang bibili talaga e  :-P para mas sigurado, sa jb megamall ka sumubok, mabait talaga sila dun.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:07:03 PM by plep »

Offline greysky

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »
@ dreamtheaterfan66f

oo dude mas ok tunog neto kesa sa JJ
mas swak sa pandinig ko at tingin ko very versatile tong snare na to

@ plep

ok talaga dun sa JB megamall mababait tao dun
kinuha pa nga yang snare na binili ko sa JB harrison pa
kaya naghintay muna ikot ikot muna ako sa megamall
ehehe!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:31:04 PM by greysky »

Offline BiliBidboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2007, 02:37:29 PM »
this is what i use...fell in love with its sound

its still missing 3 tension rods.. :cry:
mine is the all maple 6"x14"

http://www.dwdrums.com/snares/snarecoll.htm
X-DW user...SPAUN convert!

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
sir greysky, magkano po biLi nyo dyan sa renown mapLe nyo?  :-D

On the time of superstition man created God.. On the time of greed man created War.. -makLoy-

Offline greysky

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2007, 05:29:02 PM »
17,600 original price eh.
may discount naman un eh kausapin mo lang sila
mababait naman tao sa JB Megamall ehehe!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:30:40 PM by greysky »

Offline dreamtheaterfan66f

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »
salamat sa mga reply. rock kasi tugtugin nmin and gustong gusto ko tunog nung jj pero kht pano gusto ko rin versatile yung snare kya parang hati ako sa dalawa. kung marami lang pera e dalawa nlng hehe. tnx s inyo