hulika

Author Topic: Drums & Gear endorsement  (Read 11480 times)

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Drums & Gear endorsement
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »
diba pag endorser libre lahat gamit? example zildjian.. libre all zildjian gear??
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline matteotanga

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 01:21:44 AM »
medyo he he he sarap no? :-D
Steady lang..

Offline intake

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 05:30:10 AM »
edi pag nag eendorse ka na kuya anthony mapipilitan kang mag improve at mag develop  :lol:
kaso...hindi ba pag may endorsements ka na, parang pressured ka to improve and make recordings? edi ang hirap nun?
Laptop = $600
DSL = $30/month
Locked threads @ AGT sub forums = PRICELESS :D

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 09:19:05 AM »
opinyon lang mga tsong. sa tingin ko nman hindi porke d tambay dito ung mga ibang endorsers eh d na ok diba? i dont think we should expect them to hang out here or be a member here kasi endorser sila,dont you think thats to much to ask?. maybe they are just to busy playing music or practicing etc. para saken kaya nga may clinic for us to hang or ask questions with those guys. and im sure as dio said pag punta naten sa gig nila makaka usap naten ung mga yun,bout drums etc. i thnk those guys like mar,mike alba etc. work very hard to be very good at their craft. to play music and be a good example to other drummers,and by not posting or hanging out in this forums makes them not an ideal one?  just my humble opinion,peace :-D

Dont get me wrong here,man. I base my ideals on the sponsors' perspective too.Here's my defense;

Mas ok kung mag endorser ng product ko eh may PR sa kapwa nya drummers. Di ko kelangan ang pop stars kasi hindi album nila ang binebenta ko kundi ung produkto ko.

Kung ako ang may ari ng Zildjian, o Sabian,o kahit anong produkto, mas pipiliin ko yung tao na sa tingin ko ay makakapagbigay ng impormasyon tungkol sa produkto ko sa maraming potential customer. Ilan sa mga paraan nito ay ang pakikisalamuha sa kapwa nya tambolero at ang pagkakaroon ng interes na i-promote ang pag tugtog ng instrumento.Mas gusto ko ang isang tao na hindi na kailangang hagilapin pa sa tugtugan, kundi matatagpuan mo sa monitor ng computer mo. I cant imagine myself going to every endorser's gig just to ask something about the gears.Eh sa totoo lang, hindi naman ako sure kung papansinin ako nung mga yun! :|

By the way, guys, I made this comment out of my eagerness to have someone from our beloved group (Pinoydrums) become a gear endorser. Hindi ko sinulat to para i-criticise yung mga endorsers na hindi nag pa participate dito. Sana lang merong pang endorser na kagaya ni Dindin na nag s-share ng personal views nila about drums and everything dito sa tambayan natin.  :roll:

Peace! :-)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:33:01 AM by Bammbamm »
So Be It.

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »
diba pag endorser libre lahat gamit? example zildjian.. libre all zildjian gear??

It depends on the endorsement deal.  Some artists get free gear.  Some have the privilege of purchasing gear at a generous price.

edi pag nag eendorse ka na kuya anthony mapipilitan kang mag improve at mag develop  :lol:
kaso...hindi ba pag may endorsements ka na, parang pressured ka to improve and make recordings? edi ang hirap nun?

Deep down inside, I always push myself to improve and develop, whether I'm an endorser or not.  It all depends on your will and motivation.  I don't think it's about difficulty and pressure. 

Kung ako ang may ari ng Zildjian, o Sabian,o kahit anong produkto, mas pipiliin ko yung tao na sa tingin ko ay makakapagbigay ng impormasyon tungkol sa produkto ko sa maraming potential customer. Ilan sa mga paraan nito ay ang pakikisalamuha sa kapwa nya tambolero at ang pagkakaroon ng interes na i-promote ang pag tugtog ng instrumento.Mas gusto ko ang isang tao na hindi na kailangang hagilapin pa sa tugtugan, kundi matatagpuan mo sa monitor ng computer mo. I cant imagine myself going to every endorser's gig just to ask something about the gears.Eh sa totoo lang, hindi naman ako sure kung papansinin ako nung mga yun! :|

By the way, guys, I made this comment out of my eagerness to have someone from our beloved group (Pinoydrums) become a gear endorser. Hindi ko sinulat to para i-criticise yung mga endorsers na hindi nag pa participate dito. Sana lang merong pang endorser na kagaya ni Dindin na nag s-share ng personal views nila about drums and everything dito sa tambayan natin.  :roll:

Peace! :-)

I guess each artist has their own ways of promoting the products that they endorse.  For example... With the likes of superstars like Neil Peart or Vinnie Colaiuta or Steve Gadd.  These are individuals who I think are not that active on the internet.  And I bet it's rare that we're gonna have the opportunity of casually approaching them after their shows and talk about drums and stuff.  But they have their ways of promoting the products that they're endorsing (through interviews, the things they say in the product catalogs, their official websites, etc).

I think it also depends on the artist.  If an artist wants to promote and talk about his/her gear during the activities they do (online, gigs, during events, etc), that's fine with me.  Though I don't think it's really obligatory (except when it's written at the contract).

Every artist's priority is to play great quality music.  As a pro, that's what I prioritize.  The gear that I use and my personal sound, it will reflect through my playing, especially on live situations.  I let my music and my sound do more of the talking.  If a fellow drummer or colleague approaches me or sends me an online message and wishes to talk more about gear, then I go ahead and indulge on a drum talk.  That's just how I see it.

Just playing devil's advocate here.  8-)

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 12:57:57 PM »
^^^Yeah, got your point. thanks.

..anyway, it doesn't make a difference naman kung endorser ang isa sa atin dito o hindi.

..but I like to buy more stuff from Jp Buduan because of my personal relationship with him....... :wink:

Peace! :-D

So Be It.

Offline ushuaia

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 10:07:20 PM »
got your point man :-),maybe you want personal relationship with an endorser or pr so you will buy some products. but i dont think thats their job,isn't that the companies job? these guys  inspire us to play music and the drumset,i think thats why these companies got them to endorse. i dont think pearl wants their endorsers to post on their own forum to encourage people to buy stuff,they have reps to do that. my point here is endorsers dont owe us anything,we are not the one who got them to endorse those prdoucts so its not their job to promote it by posting here.they did it by working hard. i think its me who owe them a lot just by inspiring me,and showing me how to play music.and i can learn that by going to their gigis buying their cds etc. hey any endorser can convince me to buy what gears he/she use,but show me how you play it first. can you inspire me? is it musical? its all about the music for me man. peace! great topic by the way :wink:

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »
Check out these endorsement-related threads...

If you'll Endorse some products, what will it be?
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,26060.0.html

Tama bang pagbasehan ang galing ng drummer depende sa kanyang endorsement?
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,30527.0.html

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 01:08:52 PM »
Nice input, bro Drumster. Thanks.

@ Ushuaia;

Yes. I prefer to buy stuff from people I know personally, or at least from an endorser who knows and does his obligation (as an endorser) with 'extra' effort....not from people who only showcase their skills during clinics because they have to sell products, or because they're paid to do it.

Its the genuine interest on the product, the market, and the sponsor that makes an endorser credible..at least for me.. We may not have the same opinion about this but Im sure we share a common interest here...product info.

I dont expect any endorser to join this group for mere endorsement purposes. But if they happen to join our group for camaraderie and info sharing, that would be very much appreciated by everyone here, Im sure!

By the way, what's the sense of getting an endorser if they wouldn't exert any extra effort to promote their products?

Nice discussion, bro!

See y'round :wink:
So Be It.

Offline feed_back

• Veteran Member
what does it take to be an endorser
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 11:21:37 AM »
mga sir i have a friend na aspiring na maging endorser ng cymbals or kahit na anong gamit sa drums ... to be honest magaling talaga sya rnb ang forte nya kaya medyo rare sa pinas konting payo naman kung ano sa tingin nyo ang mga requirements para maging endorser ng isang product
My arms are numb ............ can still hear cymbals ringing in my head ....

Offline pedge22

• Veteran Member
Re: what does it take to be an endorser
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 08:21:17 AM »
He must be popular yung ini-idolo ng mga drummers para maraming bumili ng products na inendorse nya.... At galing sa isang sikat na banda.... that's just in my opinion.  :-D

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 09:57:10 AM »
Pm mo si sir Dindin.

Usually kasi parang beauty product rin yan. Kelangan kilala ka ng tao, tapos kung alam nila na ikaw ang gagamit ng product na yun, dudumugin talaga yung product na yun.

It's how it works here in the Phils. anyway....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 10:30:37 AM »
payo naman kung ano sa tingin nyo ang mga requirements para maging endorser ng isang product

I just merged your topic with the existing discussion about endorsements.  Browse back on the previous pages, and you'll find some answers to your inquiry.

You can also check out these endorsement-related threads...

If you'll Endorse some products, what will it be?
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,26060.0.html

Tama bang pagbasehan ang galing ng drummer depende sa kanyang endorsement?
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,30527.0.html

Pinoy Zildjian endorsers
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,42081.0.html

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »
Endorsement deals are a symbiotic relationship between the company and the artist. Sometimes you get freebies to represent their product. Tapos kasama na rin dun ang promotion mula sa album, concerts etc, etc. The whole marketing thingy. And if talagang matindi ang kasikatan mo, they'll customize one of their products to your liking. Sarap diba? That's the fruit of years of practice and perseverance to be the best in the industry. Ang iba dyan sasabihin kapag nag-endorse ka na, sell out ka na. Eh san pa nga ba pupunta ang pinaghirapan mo kundi dyan diba? Wala naman tumutugtog na ayaw sumikat. Everybody has a dream to make it big.
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
endorsements
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 10:03:34 AM »
hello,

i would like to know how to get an endorsement? who to go to, what are the steps of getting one...

thanks
niko

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: endorsements
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 10:33:24 AM »
hmm, i think i read something about this sa zildjian website (or was it DW? di ko na maalala).

you have to be prominent in the local music scene and be touring outside the country as well. may standard sila na dapat visible ka sa maraming tao most of the time and may certain level ng CD sales ka dapat na ma-maintain with every album that you/your band/the artists you session for release.

of course there are exceptions kung sobrang lupit na drummer like Eloy Casagrande, Tony Royster, Jr., and Thomas Pridgen. Those three were given endorsements at a very young age. Maybe they were still inexperienced with regards to recording/touring, but they were exceptionally talented.

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 10:37:20 AM »
yeah..i read the one in zildjian..but i read in modern drummer that they have like a class A endorsee or a class B...hmm im wondering if they can do that locally here...

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »
thanks peeves  :-D

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 10:58:54 AM »
its like the article i read in md. yep i am not looking to get sponsored, but i would like to endorse a product that i believe in..

is there someone here in the Philippines i can send my resume?  :-)

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 11:49:24 AM »
Contact official distributors of the products you are interested in endorsing that are available locally, they should be able to guide you towards the right direction towards formal endorsement application processes.  :wink:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
hmm. siguro sa manufacturer or importer nung brand that you believe in. wait din natin si Bro Dindin, maybe he can shed some light as to how his endorsement came about. di ko sure kung nakablik na siya or still out on tour.

good luck bro nikogulo!
:-D

balitaan mo kami bro :-)

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
hmm. siguro sa manufacturer or importer nung brand that you believe in. wait din natin si Bro Dindin, maybe he can shed some light as to how his endorsement came about. di ko sure kung nakablik na siya or still out on tour.

Hey...

I'm here na in the Philippines. I just came back from our Canadian tour 2 days ago.

Regarding on how I came about my endorsements, it was JB Music who approached me first. Seeing that my band is "kinda" hi-profile, they thought that I was a perfect candidate to endorse their products. Admittedly, I don't have that enough talent compared to other drummers out there. Therefore, I believe that my band is the main reason I got my endorsements. And it took 10 years and 9 albums after I got my first drum endorsement...

Unless your band is up there with the big players, it would be very hard for you to get noticed. But, if you display "extra-ordinary" talent and mastery of your instrument, I believe somebody would eventually look your way.

It would also not hurt if you get extra friendly to the employees of your favorite music store. Get to know them by their first names, be a regular customer, and be faithful to their brands, etc. And when the big boss asks their opinion on future endorsers, your name might pop out in their lists.

Remember, there are also a lot of talented musicians out there who don't have any kind of endorsements. So the competition would really be tough...

That's my 2 centavos...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:27:08 AM by Dindin »

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »
yep... magiging endorser ka kung (a) nasa prominent mainstream band ka, or (b) nasa upper echelon of the top tier of the elite (saan ka pa haha) ka sa pagtugtog, ie mar dizon / jun regalado / mike alba etc

Offline nikogulo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2008, 10:11:02 PM »
thanks for the info guys!

its gonna be tough. il try work on it thou. ive read in a Modern Drummer mag that there are different classes of endorsements. so i was wondering if I would pass for class C :-D although it would big help if my band is as popular as Parokya ni Edgar! my band is not yet in the same status of Parokya thou, but were doing alright. were in the NU charts, playing with big bands...hope this works  :-)

il ask sir JB...

salamat ulet!