hulika

Author Topic: just thinking aloud..  (Read 706 times)

Offline janvi89

• Philmusicus Noobitus
just thinking aloud..
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:07:29 PM »
i'm sorry but this message have to be said and heard. don't get me wrong comparison is probably a good thing as it helps to establish the facts in any situation, but abusing it is another. do people really have to hate just to defend their own personal opinion?

you're probably very familiar with these kind of topics, and probably actively took part in one of them: "who is better rico blanco or bamboo mañalac?", "sino ang mas magaling pupil o sandwich?" etc. in just about any music forums, these kind of topics dominate the voting polls or received the most replies. but why do people bother in taking part in these kind of topics? who cares right? it's just people's opinion.. apparently not to the majority of people. many are affected, not just you and your selfish personal opinion.

'youtube' is probably the best example to portray this issue. browsing through the massive archive of videos, i just can't help but notice some of the comments posted in youtube. i've seen a rivermaya video in youtube recently and read comments like: "rico binaboy mo lang yung kanta!", "dapat noon pa nag disband na kayo!", "wala kayong sinabi kay bamboo!", "coldpay sound-a-like!" etc. reading this comments you just have to ask yourself this question, "if you really hate the band, then why are you watching it?!!" you're telling people that rivermaya or other band for that matter is "this and that," but you yourself can't stop watching it! that tells me more about you more than anything. do you really hate the band or what? make up you're damn mind!

oh yeah, you'll probably say that it's "freedom of speech." yeah right! "freedom of speech" my ass. the concept of being able to speak freely is one thing, but to degrade and intimidate others is NOT you're so-called "freedom of speech!" there is nothing wrong with speaking your mind. it’s just that we have to restrain ourselves not to offend others in whatever remarks we say. why do people love to hate? maybe because it’s part of our human nature, it is what makes us human. if so, we clearly have to change.

no band is greater than the rest. everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. be glad that OPM has once again reclaimed its throne in the local music scene. if issues like these goes on, OPM might not last. for once let us forget our own differences and opinions. listen and appreciate filipino music.