hulika

Author Topic: locally available speaker grill cloth  (Read 2309 times)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
locally available speaker grill cloth
« on: July 03, 2015, 03:53:15 PM »
Meron bang nabibiling speaker grill cloth locally? Or are there good alternatives?

Offline KennyKen

Re: locally available speaker grill cloth
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:18:15 AM »
If you possibly can't buy one here  it is very easy to improvise (I do this all the time)

Depends on how large yung speaker mo, All you have to do is buy a plain black T-shirt, preferably XXL, kung detachable yung plastic grill, binatin mo lang at tahiin sa loob ng apat na kanto, TRUST ME, hindi mo  mahahalatang improvised ito

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 01:39:39 PM »
Nice puede palang shirt. That means di nga kailangang grill cloth :-)

May nabili akong throw pillow cover na tumatagos ang liwanag kaya medyo see through yun ang isang option ko. Still hoping though na may locally available coz hindi sulit umorder abroad. Just the same dedesign ko na madaling alisin ang baffle para puedeng palitan later ang grill cloth. Thanks sa tip!

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »
Importante, it should be stretchable para mahulma sa plastic, if it isn't, hindi yan uubra

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »

Importante, it should be stretchable para mahulma sa plastic, if it isn't, hindi yan uubra

Thanks! BTW para sa combo amp cab gagamitin

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 07:26:58 PM »
Di ako sigurado sir pero try mo sa divisoria maghanap ng alternative Sa bilihan ng tela. Tabora street.
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 09:12:05 PM »

Di ako sigurado sir pero try mo sa divisoria maghanap ng alternative Sa bilihan ng tela. Tabora street.

Thanks! Silipin ko next time andun ako

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 01:18:36 AM »
Try Larry's Curtains, or any other upholstery or drapery store.  I used to go with my wife and sister-in-law to those quite often when the latter was scouting for fabric for interior design purposes. 

I've seen some fabrics that looked like Marshall's salt and pepper, Fender's oxblood, etc. I don't know if they are sonically transparent, though.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:07:34 PM by greasykid »

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 06:12:07 AM »
Thanks! Will google it:-)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 11:15:10 AM »
Inquired Larry's via email and they confirmed they have cloth that looks similar to sample grill cloths I gave. They don't know if it is acoustically transparent though. Will try to drop by to check pagluwas namin sa Makati. Thanks!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 11:22:15 AM »
Inquired Larry's via email and they confirmed they have cloth that looks similar to sample grill cloths I gave. They don't know if it is acoustically transparent though. Will try to drop by to check pagluwas namin sa Makati. Thanks!

I don't think cab makers considered acoustic transparency when they put on those cloths. but nevertheless, I think you'd want to pick a cloth that doesnt "catch" much air, coz I think that's one property that might alter the sonic response  :)
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »
I don't think cab makers considered acoustic transparency when they put on those cloths. but nevertheless, I think you'd want to pick a cloth that doesnt "catch" much air, coz I think that's one property that might alter the sonic response  :)

I agree.  Better to consider the whole assembly of speakers, enclosure and grill cloth material if it really sounds ok after everything is put together.  You should be able to put any weave you like.  Make the baffle removable, instead, if you want to capture just the speakers when you record.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 01:16:05 PM »
What about rattan instead:

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 01:34:17 PM »
I will make the baffle removable from the front so I can easily change the grill cloth. The only rule I read about grill cloths is that light should pass through it when held against the light.

I also considered basket weave like the one in the pic. I saw a driver's back rest using basket weave in a nearby town. Not sure if they make it or just buy it from someone else. I'll try to ask next time I pass by.

Thanks!