hulika

Author Topic: Pro Tools Music Production Workshop  (Read 3552 times)

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
Pro Tools Music Production Workshop
« on: March 14, 2007, 02:17:53 PM »
Guys,

Tell me what you think of this:

What if we conduct a Pro Tools Music Production workshop here in the Philippines?

What if we show you how powerful Pro Tools can be for your music production?

What if this is a hands-on workshop which will let you experience Pro Tools like never before?

Tell me. I'm very eeager to know your views!

Ciao!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Pro Tools Music Production Workshop
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 02:33:11 PM »
Im in... pero attendee lang ako... no bg in PT here eh :)
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline uno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 02:37:32 PM »
pasali rin, gusto ko matuto nyan :-)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 02:38:46 PM by uno »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 02:40:44 PM »
Anyone wanna borrow my PT 3.5 manual?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
sarap sana magaral... :roll:
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline uno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:28:34 PM »
Anyone wanna borrow my PT 3.5 manual?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
opps, parang nakikinita ko na kung gaano kakapal yang manual na yan. eh kung kikilohin ayos lang pero kung babasahin, naku, lalong hindi ako matututo. :-D

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »
ako, Kit! hehe  :-D

interested in aqcquainting myself in PT.  is this free abusound?  thanks.

Hazel
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 09:18:21 AM »
Hi Hazel,

We are still contemplating whether to provide this for free or with a very minimal fee.
Right now, the workshop is being held in Sydney, Australia with Guys from Digidesign headlining.
The way it's designed is that it's 10-20 participants at a time, whole day session running for 5 days.
It will be a monthly event or as often as the facilities would allow.
This is very easy to implement in other countries since there are schools that already have the needed equipments.
Which, in our case here in the Philippines, is very hard to do since not a single school here is interested in teaching audio.
Anyways, like I said, I need to gauge this project very well for us to be able to implement this here.
Will keep you guys posted.

KitC,

Thanks for your generous offer for the 3.5 Manual. That won't be necessary though since we'll be teaching PT 7.x.x.
Maybe you guys could help us find a suitable school or center that would serve as an education partner.
Would it be really nice if we have a school that would cater to nobody else but audio people?

Ciao!

Offline aden

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 01:46:09 PM »
gusto ko rin matuto ng PT...
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »

Maybe you guys could help us find a suitable school or center that would serve as an education partner.
Would it be really nice if we have a school that would cater to nobody else but audio people?

Maybe BAMF's PIMP studios can accommodate this. Not a school really but there is enough space. I'll open it to him later.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 10:21:20 PM »
OT: KitC i was acquainted with PT and control 24 the other night for the first time, thanks to our pal shinji over at sound creation!  : :-D  (AMAZING, that yamaha maple custom kit and his high-ceiing tracking room totally love eachother!)

PT looks very, very very stable.  would love to get to know it further abusound :)
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline djspit

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 06:29:35 AM »
wow real PT.. hehe okai to laking tulong nito

=)

physical terapy lang alam ko eh
http://www.facebook.com/djmyke/pages#!/pages/DJMYKE/255868169639 IMAC 24" core2duo Logic Pro 9, Ableton Live 8, Reason 6.0, Apogee Duet2, axiom49,Keystation 88es, Yamaha dx100, Rode NT1a, Yamaha HS80m,Taylor 614, Taylor GS Mini, Fender Telecaster USA. ban

Offline brianb

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »
Would it be targeted towards professional engineers or home studio enthusiasts/hobbyists? If the latter, I would be very interested in attending.

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 09:46:40 AM »
Ok Guys,

Here's the deal, we're already talked to Big Foot and IAFT in Cebu and is in the preapration stage to conduct the first leg of the workshop. They already have the facilities to accomodate 30 students in one go. the workshop will not be limited sound engineers, hobbyist or students. This is open for all.
We're still in talks with Other schools in Manila so that we could do the same workshops there.

More updates to come.

Ciao!

Offline silmarillion09

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 07:58:44 PM »
count me in! that is, if i get that digi 003 from kenrose... drool....

Offline chec

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 01:13:12 AM »
sali yata ako jan heheh
one day it'll all make sense

Offline aperture

• Netizen Level
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 07:02:43 AM »
sali ako dyan.. :D

Offline paulo z

• Netizen Level
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 12:13:21 AM »
YUP! GUYZ YOU'L BE SURPRISED WHAT PT CAN DO !!!, I USE THE LASTEST VERSION OF PT IN MY STUDIO, AND TELL YOU FRANKLY IT WONT BE THE WORLDS STANDARD IN NON-LINEAR AUDIO PRODUCTIONS FOR NOTHING!!! IT ROCKS BOTH IN MAC AND PC!!! :-)
PAULO Z

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 02:01:00 AM »
PT is a cool tool and it makes use of its proprietary hardware to non-existent latency when recording. The converters are some of the best in the world so you get a great package to get the job done quickly with great results. I recommend people attend the seminar even if you don't use PT just to gain a better understanding of DAW based sequencing. If you engineer a lot of projects, it is only a matter of time before you land a platform that will require expertise in using PT so you had better be prepared.

I regularly attend Mix Magazine's tech workshops locally and through the Winter Music Conference in Miami whenever I get the chance. Pros teach the workshops and you get a lot of really nice feedback from people in the field. I attended a seminar with Butch Vig and BT in the past which were excellent opportunities to see the guys at work. even though BT is a Logic user, his versatility on a PT rig is impressive.

For users interested in building a PT or Pt-compatible rig, I also recommend to take a look at the new Apogee Symphony system. I tried one as part of a demo and the thing is killer.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 10:13:20 AM »
PT is great although the M-Powered and LE versions pale in comparison to a real HD Accel system, primarily because LE and MP are based on native processing. It's still a great tool among the many available for computer based musicians.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 01:59:55 PM »
PT is great although the M-Powered and LE versions pale in comparison to a real HD Accel system, primarily because LE and MP are based on native processing. It's still a great tool among the many available for computer based musicians.

Yes, although it is true that the sound are different, I find that the value in having LE and M-Powered counterparts to the PT HD system is the fact that I can be the end user of a collaborative project and still be able to read the session files on a system originally drafted on an M-Audio Pt setup.

Kit, do you know if Shinji has shifted to the new PCI-e core and accel cards on his HD setup? The cross grade is back for the time being but I am curious to know if other people around the world have it for a better price through their local distributors than directly through Digidesign. The PT forum seems to report mixed prices...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 04:57:12 PM »
@ abyss - PM sent.

I agree about the convenience of between LE/MP and TDM systrems, no doubt about that. Only becomes a problem if either system uses plugs that the other doesn't have.

Offline paulo z

• Netizen Level
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 10:04:19 PM »
yup ! i tried tranfering sessions from 1 studio to another, the transfer is easy but dont expect the other party to have the same plug-ins as with your own system , in short its either you replace it with existing plug-ins of the system or apply it from your previous system before transferring(which i wouldnt recommend),
PAULO Z

Offline paulo z

• Netizen Level
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »
btw good news for ptle and m-powered users as with the native system is improved with pt7, it maximizes the use of the processor (especially with dual core/ core duo systems), meaning processing is better (50%), you could add up more plug-ins to it,  but ofcours it would still depend how strong your processor is, anyways the list of system requirements for the native systems is listed in the digidesign site, and guys you could uprade the trackcount of ptle & m-powered from 32 mono - 48 stereo with the MUSIC PRODUCTION TOOLKIT, i think it runs around $400, it goes with added plug-ins!!! you will love it!! though you still have to check the system requiremnts for this!!!  :-)
PAULO Z

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 11:08:53 PM »
@ abyss - PM sent.

I agree about the convenience of between LE/MP and TDM systrems, no doubt about that. Only becomes a problem if either system uses plugs that the other doesn't have.

yeah, and for that reason, I specifically have to send a note limiting the number of plugs they use because there have been cases where I couldn't read data on a file because they used a RTAS effect I didn't have. My workflow usually dictates that the earlier participants of a collaboration specifically take care of just the recording - no eqing, no time effects, zilch. this makes it a helluva easier way for us to get down to business as soon as everything is squared away and the time comes for mixing. I usually take care of the mixing and final mixdown duties.