hulika

Author Topic: im new to SOnar help!!!  (Read 2865 times)

Offline adrix7

im new to SOnar help!!!
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:37:52 PM »
hi guys, ive recorded some audio tracks in my laptop using my keys.. now the problem is i cant find the audio track, so i can convert it to mp3...
i can find/open the project though in my sonar folder but cant find the wav file when im browsing in the folder..

plss help
write stuff

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »
....calling KitC....KitC...come in over. 8)
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »
Quote from: adrix7
hi guys, ive recorded some audio tracks in my laptop using my keys.. now the problem is i cant find the audio track, so i can convert it to mp3...
i can find/open the project though in my sonar folder but cant find the wav file when im browsing in the folder..

plss help
see your location is in Cebu.....I'm from Cebu.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »
Quote from: Phil
....calling KitC....KitC...come in over. 8)

To the rescue! Lucky I saw this... I usually monitor the Music Technology and Pro Audio Forum.

plss help

Could you have hidden the audio track inadvertently? Press 'M' to open Track Manager and make sure that any unchecked tracks are... errr... checked. They should now appear in track view.

What do you mean you can't find the wav? Sonar puts all its wavs in Cakewalk Projects\Audio Data. If you have several wavs in there, just arrange the wavs by date and you can guess which one was the recorded file. Better yet, learn to use Project Folders where each project and associated wavs gets its own separate folder and the recorded wavs are stored in an audio folder within that project folder. All recorded wavs are named to the project folder's name and track name for easy identification.

Hope this helps!
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »
my hero.... :lol:

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:26 AM »
that already happened to me... hehe.. :lol:
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline adrix7

thanks guyssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 02:09:34 PM »
:D  :D thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!! my sonar is pirated actually... hehe maybe thats why i cant save my wavs and cant find it when i use my (wav to mp3 converter) browser!

by the way where can i find a cheap original music software store in manila? and how much do you think it cost????

you guys are great help :D  to newbies like me thanks again!!!

mabuhay kayo at ang musikang pinoy! 8)
write stuff

Offline adrix7

im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 02:21:06 PM »
oh phil so your in Cali now?

i might be in desoto texas this may.....

you in a band?
write stuff

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 02:38:27 PM »

If you'll be in TX, better to get ur Cake soft at any GC there - a lot cheaper. I recommend the Sonar Home Studio V.4 which is $149. If they have a sale on Sonar 4 (should be going cheap because of S5), get it so you can upgrade to S5 cheaply. Don't buy used Sonar from Ebay because Cakewalk doesn't allow transferring of licenses.

Btw, if your converter can't see your exported wavs, try saving at 16 bit. Original installers of Cake Pro Audio 9 allowed you to activate the mp3 converter in Sonar.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 12:13:57 AM »
oh phil so your in Cali now?

you in a band?
...just a hobby dude. where are you from in Cebu?

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 02:37:50 AM »
KitC... how can I make the instruments fall into a proper timing pattern. Example, drums and guitar are off time from the 120 bpm. I heard something about quantize. How do I do this?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
im new to SOnar help!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »
You have to highlight the clip that you want to quantize. You can set it to one clip only, all clips or just a specific range by dragging across the ruler line on top.

To quantize, do a Process > Quantize then set the parameters accordingly. Set the resolution according to the note value you want to "pull" the notes to; I usually set to 1/32nd notes for the finest resolution. You can vary start times and note duration so that the notes are set to the grid pattern imposed by the resolution. The "Strength" parameter determines the percentage of pull towards the grid; 100% means it will align the notes perfectly to the grid while lesser percentages mean it will be off by the percentage amount - usually intended for a less mechanical feel. The "Swing" parameter adds something like a shuffle to the quantization. Too much swing and it sounds like the track, especially the drum track, was created after downing too many pilsens - set swing to 1 for zero effect. The "Window" setting determines quantize sensitivity meaning notes that are too far off the grid will not be quantized; a 100% sensitivity means all notes will be quantized. The "Offset" setting will move the notes from the grid by the corresponding ticks indicated.