hulika

Author Topic: Signs to look out for in determining fake Epiphones  (Read 36711 times)

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Signs to look out for in determining fake Epiphones
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2010, 03:42:08 AM »
helpful thread im buying an EPI in 1 month time
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »

eto daw fake. di daw ganito ang headstock ng epi :P

check this out guys. Musiciansfriend selling fake lefties @ 564 usd ???? or its just me?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=518343

what made you think this one is fake? legit yan. beside, MF wont sell fakes dude.
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »
^yup its not. its an old korean epi just like what bry said . epiphone went tru several templates . still need to do some more reading.
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline charles55

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2010, 10:36:46 AM »
napaguusapan na din ang FAKE Guitars, eto  matindi. tigas ng mukha.  :evil: Chibanez to:

everytime may magpost sa wall nya na PEKE ang items nya, binubura nya.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/2252782/Ibanez+S470+%28Prestige%29+Brandnew+with+FREEBIES?referralKeywords=ibanez

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »
^yup its not. its an old korean epi just like what bry said . epiphone went tru several templates . still need to do some more reading.

i think what grasyaps has is japanese.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »

i think what Rmansh was referring to was the lefty LP at MF..  :-)

Offline Mike.B.

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2010, 06:46:06 PM »
meron na atang mga nag comment and denelete lang nung seller. check out the first post of this thread, the TS even consulted other forums.

Me and another fellow Epiphone user commented on his ads and they were deleted. he even sent a private message to that guy saying "Respect others posting! please check first before you comment...
What is your competency about guitars? My source is 25 years in music industry...
Better watch out what you are saying."
what a load of crap.
(couldn't access the philmusic site for a month. weird. I use a sun broadband connection in intramuros. I'm in Olongapo right now and still can't access the philmusic site from my laptop. have to use our home PC)

Bare bones board: Mooer Baby Tuner -> CBM-95 -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Mooer Ana Echo (from ron_rd7) -> Mooer Micro Looper
Powered by DIY non-isolated 9V supply

Offline Mike.B.

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:50 PM »

yep. these are Fujigen made epiphones. they discontinued this around 2006 or 07 or something because more people are buying this instead of Gibson guitars and it's hurting Gibson's sales. these are one of the highest quality epiphones. these were built in the same factory that built Orville, Orville by Gibson, Epiphone Elitist/Elite, Greco (?), etc.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:37:22 PM by Mike.B. »

Bare bones board: Mooer Baby Tuner -> CBM-95 -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Mooer Ana Echo (from ron_rd7) -> Mooer Micro Looper

Offline Mike.B.

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »
not korean, Japanese. but the early Korean Epi's (88, 89 I think) had the open book headstock but narrower than that of the Gibson headstock. only the Japanese made Epiphones had the open book headstock that is exactly the same as Gibsons. also the two screw TRC's.  :-D

Offline Mike.B.

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »
about the Rome issue.
I already sent an e-mail to Gibson guitars and they quickly responded saying that they will forward my message to their legal department. this was over a month ago and Rome is still in business with his fakies. I wonder if Gibson is even trying to put a stop to this  :?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »
not korean, Japanese. but the early Korean Epi's (88, 89 I think) had the open book headstock but narrower than that of the Gibson headstock. only the Japanese made Epiphones had the open book headstock that is exactly the same as Gibsons. also the two screw TRC's.  :-D

what Rmansh referred to as FAKE?? was the one from MusiciansFriend not grasyaps LP..its a misunderstanding..and for the ONE posted in MusiciansFriend is an OLD MIK epi LP..

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2010, 10:35:34 PM »

i was referring to the link at MusiciansFriend. not the headstock shot by grasyaps. BOTH are LEGIT tho.

about the Rome issue.
I already sent an e-mail to Gibson guitars and they quickly responded saying that they will forward my message to their legal department. this was over a month ago and Rome is still in business with his fakies. I wonder if Gibson is even trying to put a stop to this  :?

well sa dami ng fake sellers around the world, i doubt if gibson would even lift a finger to stop rome.

Offline Mike.B.

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »
sorry, my bad  :-D

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »
sorry, my bad  :-D
LOL i also emailed them and  got the same reply  :-P

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:34 PM »
[ice cream], muntik pa ako mapabili dito. nirecommend to ng tropa ko. mura epiphones daw. i didnt know they're fake.

Offline nonshowbiz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »
i think it would be more effective if you emailed information
about the factory the produces the fakes baka may action..
kapag small time seller lang malabo yan, dapat local distributor lang siguro ang
ini inform..na ewan lang natin kung gagalaw..laking gastos din kasi mag raid.. :wink:

Offline Mike.B.

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2010, 02:28:44 PM »
to the mods, and other epi users on philmusic.
you think we should start a thread where people could ask about the legitimacy of their epiphone guitars or if an epiphone they are about to buy is fake or not? or should we just all go to the mylespaul.com/forums and post under the fake epiphones thread (part II)?
I just thought maybe we could have a version of the Fake Epi thread so people wouldn't have to make an account on the MLP forums and just ask around here. at least we could reply immediately to those asking about the legitimacy of their guitars. the epi experts on MLP live in a different timezone so answering our questions might take a day or so. and then if none of us here at philmusic could verify if a guitar in question is fake or not, we could then refer it to the MLP forums.
maybe not just a fake epi thread. maybe also a "fake ibanez" thread. a "fake gibsons" thread, etc etc etc. as we all know fakes are rampant here in our country (especially since mr. Rome "I have 25 years of experience under my belt but can't even tell if an epiphone is fake or not" Candaza roams in our lands)
anyways. just a suggestion. :)
still can't access the philmusic site on my laptop. have to use the home pc. damn. moving back to the dorm in intramuros tomorrow. won't be able to browse around philmusic again :cry:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:59:55 PM by Mike.B. »