hulika

Author Topic: Lakbay Buhay Online Theater  (Read 4897 times)

Offline genio

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Lakbay Buhay Online Theater
« on: September 24, 2000, 11:40:40 PM »
To all PhilMusic members:

This thread is to shamelessly promote my online shows. :-) A Filipino theatrical production that you can experience online for FREE!

I'm a musician/composer/storyteller/writer and would like to share my creations -- currently featured at the "Lakbay Buhay Online Theater"  (URL below).

http://pages.about.com/eguanzo/index.html#here

The theater is a virtual playhouse I constructed to showcase two of my original musical plays called "Lakbay Buhay" and "The Devil's Workshop" (music genre: combination of pop, rock & reggae)

Thank you for your kind attention and support.

Sincerely,
Gene

Offline frodo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2000, 07:47:40 AM »
Great tracks, Genio... noticed you are a one-man band (from the photo). What kind of equipment did you use for your recordings?

Offline genio

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Maraming Salamat
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2000, 09:50:22 PM »
Thanks frodo, I'm glad you liked it.  Yes, I performed all of the Tagalog songs myself for the demo release.  The songs will progress as I get assistance from vocalists to portray the characters.  Also, I had help with two of the English ones - "Fate" and "Devil's Bargain."

Here's what I used to record and convert to MP3.

- TASCAM PORTASTUDIO  424 MKII
- IBM ThinkPad
- MusicMatch Jukebox 5.10.0144 (Software)
- Music Maker G5 (Software)

If you are interested to know more, click on "credits" at the beginning of each play.

Salamat ulit,
Gene

Offline frodo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Maraming Salamat
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2000, 05:41:21 AM »
Quote from: genio
Here's what I used to record and convert to MP3.

- TASCAM PORTASTUDIO  424 MKII
- IBM ThinkPad
- MusicMatch Jukebox 5.10.0144 (Software)
- Music Maker G5 (Software)

Hi Gene - Is that Tascam Portastudio the 8-track cassette recorder? Have you tried doing direct to hard disk recording using all those software now available... that might make it easier to do editing later on, and sounds better too....

Offline genio

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Digital Recording
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2000, 07:52:26 AM »
Actually, my PORTASTUDIO is only 4 tracks.  I definitely agree that digital recording is better.  Unfortunately, I can't afford to go that route just yet -- maybe someday.

Offline mic

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Lakbay Buhay Online Theater
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2000, 05:10:11 PM »
you actually don't have to procur a separate setup to record hard disk. rather, you can run everything through Pro Tools and record direct to your computer's HD. the unlimited tracks and tweakable parameters make for a very good product. you will need expansion boards for your computer though and MIDI interface compatibility with your equipment. the advatages include being able to tweak your songs and alter effects on a purely digital platform. this makes editing so much easier. examples include NIN's The Fragile, A Perfect Circle's Mer de Noms and Lenny Kravitz's 5 album. Those were done using Pro Tools having the songs never touch tape during the recording and mastering sessions.
Mic

Offline genio

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Salamat.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2000, 12:20:36 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation Mic.  I will checkout Pro Tools.

Sa uulitin,
Gene