hulika

Author Topic: Vintage fender amps appreciation  (Read 34474 times)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Vintage fender amps appreciation
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
Pics! :)

My dual showman reverb taught me a lot after all these years. What year is yours?
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline upfront

« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2014, 01:43:51 PM »
Wow this is a nice thread, i own a Fender Dual Showman Reverb (Silverface) currrently restoring it, fixing all the problems and stuff. hope to learn more from you guys :)

Worth all the time and effort restoring that amp :)

Offline TagaRetiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2014, 12:41:05 AM »
Hi guys! Question lang, Is it easy to replace/fix a reverb tank?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2014, 12:57:17 AM »
Hi guys! Question lang, Is it easy to replace/fix a reverb tank?

Easy to replace, yes. Maraming aftermarket reverb tanks. Make sure lang na tama yung part number ng oorderin mo with respect sa original para parehas din ang makukuha mo.

Easy to fix mejo. Kung may loose connection lang, swerte. Madali lang yun. Pero kung yung loob na nung maliit na inductor ang may naputulan ng manipis na wire, mas malamang sa for replacement na yung buong reverb tank.

Offline TagaRetiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2014, 01:25:37 AM »
Easy to replace, yes. Maraming aftermarket reverb tanks. Make sure lang na tama yung part number ng oorderin mo with respect sa original para parehas din ang makukuha mo.

Is the reverb tanks available locally? Or do you have to order from abroad? Been looking at the classifieds and saw a twin reverb with a busted reverb tank. I can't quite decide hahaha

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2014, 04:47:25 AM »
dati nag hanap ako online ng mga replacement reverb tanks,

most of them, if not all, are now made in Korea. okay naman ang mga web reviews, but one stands out a little better than the others, MoD ata yung brand...can't remember as of typing this

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2014, 07:47:40 AM »
Is the reverb tanks available locally? Or do you have to order from abroad? Been looking at the classifieds and saw a twin reverb with a busted reverb tank. I can't quite decide hahaha

Order abroad, as far as I know. I'm not sure if they're available locally.

Twin Reverb with a busted reverb tank? Make sure it's the tank, it would be an easy fix (or replacement). Its reverb tank is tube driven. If I remember correctly from my DSR, two tubes power the reverb section of the amp. If the problem is with that section, then you're in for some repair on that part or probably tube replacement.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »

None so far, but you might get lucky if someone sells a good working tank.  In absence of this, I got mine from tubesandmore some years ago.  Accutronics is the original fender reverb tank manufacturer, so far ok naman yung repros for me.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »
some prefer MOD over accutronics. if i remember correctly, accutronics is now korean owned and made. maaaring mali alaala ko but, do some research as its on the net anyway. for those who prefer MOD, they say that the reverb produced by MOD, compared to accutronics has more depth and is similar to the reverb from the old days.

Offline kaloyski

« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2014, 08:02:46 AM »
some prefer MOD over accutronics. if i remember correctly, accutronics is now korean owned and made. maaaring mali alaala ko but, do some research as its on the net anyway. for those who prefer MOD, they say that the reverb produced by MOD, compared to accutronics has more depth and is similar to the reverb from the old days.

Yep. Based on some readings, Accutronics is now Korean made, after Benton(?) or Belton (can't remember exactly) bought Accutronics. Thus people saying that while Accutronics is still an American brand, it is not anymore American made.

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
i now remember asking them for a quote, the email had all sorts of korean characters aside from the main letter written in broken english telling me that they're from korea. www.belton.co.kr
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:53:16 PM by analog.matt »

Offline TagaRetiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »
wow. thanks for the response guys!

Offline upfront

« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »
Got several reverb tanks here. You just have to test each one of them  muna

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2014, 07:01:44 PM »
Got several reverb tanks here. You just have to test each one of them  muna

Sir pls pm me the the price brand and model of the available reverb tanks that you have that's compatible with my Dual showman reverb

Also meron bang available na original reverb drive transformer for dual showman reverb locally?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:49:26 PM by j3yps »

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »
Pics! :)

My dual showman reverb taught me a lot after all these years. What year is yours?

Will post some soon...not sure what year mine is eh...hehe

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »

Good stuff. I heard that too. Might check out a MOD reverb sometime. If their speakers are any indication, the reverb tanks should be good.  The accutronics 4AB3C1C sound lush enough for me though, and have lasted for some years now. yMMv.

Channels jumpered and you have surf for days.

soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2014, 12:51:58 PM »
have  not read a bad thing about accutronics when i did my research. quite a number had a certain preference lang over MOD for the reason i mentioned in my previous post. the rest were just fine with accutronics.

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2014, 11:13:42 PM »
Well then... I wonder how a type 9 fares against a type 4 reverb tank? Might be my next obsession. So far as I've read, comparisons seem to be that of a closer approximation of 'room or hall' VS springy vintage surfy signature reverb. 3 springs vs 2 springs, who has tried both?
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2018, 12:06:30 PM »
Well then... I wonder how a type 9 fares against a type 4 reverb tank? Might be my next obsession. So far as I've read, comparisons seem to be that of a closer approximation of 'room or hall' VS springy vintage surfy signature reverb. 3 springs vs 2 springs, who has tried both?
Interesting. Never really fussed over reverb tank types. I just knew them to be long and short reverb times hahaha.

Anyway am considering rehousing my Dual Showman into a 4x10 cab (Chino we have to talk again  hehhee) so I can effectively have a 100w Super Reverb. Hehehe

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.