hulika

Author Topic: Les Paul Club Thread  (Read 1648277 times)

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Les Paul Club Thread
« Reply #1275 on: June 17, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
Bro, Les Paul himself worked for the Epiphone Guitar Company when he was younger. He was actually working there when he made his first Les Paul. Does this mean that the original Les Paul is an Epiphone and not a Gibson?

Offline alvin_ching5786

« Reply #1276 on: June 17, 2008, 09:20:12 PM »
Bro, Les Paul himself worked for the Epiphone Guitar Company when he was younger. He was actually working there when he made his first Les Paul. Does this mean that the original Les Paul is an Epiphone and not a Gibson?

I don't know pero kasi ang mga epiphone les paul hindi classified as a "real les paul" para sa mga ibang tao...bro nice trivia :mrgreen:

Offline fongvodka

« Reply #1277 on: June 18, 2008, 01:13:02 AM »
had a chance to try a friend's edwards jimmy page relic..was surprised that it was really light for a les paul..

any idea whether it was chambered or they used some form of light mahogany? i compared this with an R7 and the page relic was lighter.. can't seem to find any more info regarding the edwards page relic..

Sir, sobrang light talaga,mas light pa sa strat.No idea din kung bakit.But the Japs definitely will not sell crap/junk for domestic market.So I have peace of mind.
Compared with an R7? Dapat tokai o epiphone lang.Umangas tuloy kanina edwards ko feeling GIBSON kaya ginulpi ko.hehehe.
see you in the next life brother,and dont be late.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1278 on: June 18, 2008, 01:34:58 AM »
after a few owners.. this baby fell on my lap.. she's scarred, aged and bruised.. but she sounds like a monster!!!! beauty is just skin deep, in this case.. it's just wood deep.. hehehehe..

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1280 on: June 18, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
member na ako dito ehehe...mag upload lng ako in a bit ehhhehe

Offline iandomld

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1281 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
mga bros,
what can you say about the Fernando Les Paul Custom that is being sold by JB music? its a set-neck with gold hardware. the finish is good, neck feel is fin like an epiphone.. ung logo lang sa headstock ako naloloka, nawala ung diamond, besides that fr me its fine.. kayo guys, what can you say? may na experience naba kayo sa Fernando LPs?

halos parehas yun sa epi lp custom. dinala ko kasi ung sakin eh and pinagtabi nung mga taga-jb. halos wala din pinagkaiba sa tunog. nasa pagtweak nalang cguro un  :-D

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1282 on: June 18, 2008, 08:52:09 PM »
halos parehas yun sa epi lp custom. dinala ko kasi ung sakin eh and pinagtabi nung mga taga-jb. halos wala din pinagkaiba sa tunog. nasa pagtweak nalang cguro un  :-D

thanks for the reply!! ayus!

Offline iandomld

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1283 on: June 18, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »
thanks for the reply!! ayus!

welcome bro  :-D

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1284 on: June 21, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »
Edwards by esp japan jimmy page relic model with super circuit.sorry na extra yung strat.old pics kasi.ganda ng mga les paul nyo.

wow , awesome edwards LP you got there

Offline fzeppelin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1285 on: June 21, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
Les Paul design is not a design at all. Its a very old and irrelevant design coz of the ffg things
1. Theres only 22 instead of 24 frets (for all ya guitarists 24 shld be the standard) The location of the bridge pu is right smack on the dead spot
2. The neck design is the worst i can find coz its short and the heel is so big. Many say its very prone to breakage.
3. It is overpriced by 10x or more (think of the dough they give to celebrity endorsers). What u get inspite of it is a terrible humbucker pu's, cheap plastic inlays, poorly done body neck construction (should be long tenon to catch all those mids).
4. The nut is made of cheap plastic again (for this price it should be graphite)
5. Very heavy
6. Tuning pegs are not locking (they just install cheap china made tuners)
7. They r the most traded guitar on ebay coz their owners dont like them
8. Chord notes on a LP sounds muddy (why? the gallon of glue they used for the set neck absorbs all the resonance). There shouldnt be any glue or paint bet the neck and body the fit should be perfect tight and bolted.
9. Slash and Page dont use LP made by Gibsons(check out their website, theyre very frank to admit it) it was made by some "Ghostbuilders".
10. Whatever, after all its defects it looks good thats why its popular with collectors (people who doesnt have any idea how to play guitar).
Mine is a Gibson but I had it surgically repaired to correct those items i mentioned. Even Slash would trade his left arm to get mine ha ha ha.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1286 on: June 21, 2008, 02:53:22 PM »
Les Paul design is not a design at all. Its a very old and irrelevant design coz of the ffg things
1. Theres only 22 instead of 24 frets (for all ya guitarists 24 shld be the standard) The location of the bridge pu is right smack on the dead spot
2. The neck design is the worst i can find coz its short and the heel is so big. Many say its very prone to breakage.
3. It is overpriced by 10x or more (think of the dough they give to celebrity endorsers). What u get inspite of it is a terrible humbucker pu's, cheap plastic inlays, poorly done body neck construction (should be long tenon to catch all those mids).
4. The nut is made of cheap plastic again (for this price it should be graphite)
5. Very heavy
8. Chord notes on a LP sounds muddy (why? the gallon of glue they used for the set neck absorbs all the resonance). There shouldnt be any glue or paint bet the neck and body the fit should be perfect tight and bolted.
9. Slash and Page dont use LP made by Gibsons(check out their website, theyre very frank to admit it) it was made by some "Ghostbuilders".
10. Whatever, after all its defects it looks good thats why its popular with collectors (people who doesnt have any idea how to play guitar).
Mine is a Gibson but I had it surgically repaired to correct those items i mentioned. Even Slash would trade his left arm to get mine ha ha ha.

slash's les pauls that you are talking about is made by Derrig, and another by Max.. but it is a replica of the les paul meaning same design,

a les paul is a great design, it is design to sound like a les paul. not to sound like any other. has its own flaws, own voice.

Offline jcnino28

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1287 on: June 21, 2008, 03:46:15 PM »
5. Very heavy
naku ser dami aalma sayo dito, unang una sabi mo les paul din gitara mo pero puro kasiraan ata ng les paul sinabi mo, does'nt make any sense at all IMHO hehehe... baka naman "GIVSON" yung les paul mo? jokE lang chief. for me, my 94 GIBSON LP standard's among of the best sounding guitar gibson ever made... sorry ka nalang kung ang napunta sayo eh kapangit-pangitan na ata ng gibson lp...peace man!!!
--edited--
eto sample panoorin mo para naman me alam ka talaga at di ka lang jun-junungan...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:55:31 PM by jcnino28 »

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1288 on: June 21, 2008, 04:41:26 PM »
5. Very heavy

1) I prefer 22 frets over 24...
2) How come there are still fine vintage les pauls if the necks break so easily?
3) Of course it's overpriced. What would you expect from a big company?
4) Then replace it with bone... It's easy to replace anyway
5) Are PRS custom 22/24s light?
6) Lots of people prefer non locking tuners
7) Who told that to you?
8) Not all LPs sound muddy
9) But the designs of their LPs are exactly the same as 50's Les Pauls
10) Really?

this guy's nuts...

PS: I'm a strat guy but can't stand his rant. Sounds like he picked his stuff at ed roman's website hahaha
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 04:52:53 PM by nealyu »

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1289 on: June 21, 2008, 05:31:56 PM »
I had to restrain myself from getting violent.  Les pauls rock dude.  You're crazy.
1. Theres only 22 instead of 24 frets (for all ya guitarists 24 shld be the standard) The location of the bridge pu is right smack on the dead spot.  Standard?  Says who?  22's ok for me.
2. The neck design is the worst i can find coz its short and the heel is so big. Many say its very prone to breakage.  Worst being subjective.  I like LP necks best.
3. It is overpriced by 10x or more (think of the dough they give to celebrity endorsers). What u get inspite of it is a terrible humbucker pu's, cheap plastic inlays, poorly done body neck construction (should be long tenon to catch all those mids).  Overpriced?  I'm assuming you're talking about gibsons.  It's a classic design that gibson pioneered.  If you were gibson, wouldn't you charge top-dollar to keep your design uncompromised in every way?  And terrible pups?  Poor body neck construction?  You must be out of your mind.  Or maybe you just tried out one (which you probably didn't know was actually a fake).  Anyone would tell you to pick the best from the bunch. 
5. Very heavy The weight is partly responsible for the full-bodied sound of the LP.
7. They r the most traded guitar on ebay coz their owners dont like them They are traded because it's a good design.  People find appeal in them, people like their sound, and that's why they buy.  After all those years, this design is right up there with the stratocaster as the most copied and most loved. 
8. Chord notes on a LP sounds muddy (why? the gallon of glue they used for the set neck absorbs all the resonance). There shouldnt be any glue or paint bet the neck and body the fit should be perfect tight and bolted. Muddy to you is thick and creamy to some.  Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that it's an inferior sound.
Judging from your other posts, it looks to me you're looking for a fiery impact.  In the SG thread, you also dissed the SG's design.  Here's a thought, start a thread about how you hate Les Pauls and SG's... hopefully you'll find friends there.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline dubista

« Reply #1290 on: June 21, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »
5. Very heavy

back your critique with data. too much sweeping generalizations.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. Live Jesus in our hearts, forever.

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1291 on: June 21, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
5. Very heavy

TRY my LP... para magsisi ka.
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw

Offline alvin_ching5786

« Reply #1292 on: June 21, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »
Gibson hater siguro...hehe... :-D

Offline humbucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1293 on: June 21, 2008, 07:36:28 PM »

i have to agree on this one.   :-)

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1294 on: June 22, 2008, 02:48:26 AM »
well too late mate, im already in a les paul frenzy..

here's mine, 76 Greco LP Standard

Offline jojojo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1295 on: June 22, 2008, 06:32:48 AM »
Finally!
My Yamaha Studio Lord 550S. Thanks mikerock for handing over this find lady! :mrgreen:

Tetragrammaton (YWH)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1296 on: June 22, 2008, 09:14:28 AM »
5. Very heavy

Offline BOOGIE_79

« Reply #1297 on: June 23, 2008, 01:51:51 AM »

Then why did you buy one in the first place?
Can't wait to see actual pix of your 'surgically-repaired' Les Paul though.  :-D

Offline mikerock

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1298 on: June 23, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
Finally!
My Yamaha Studio Lord 550S. Thanks mikerock for handing over this find lady! :mrgreen:

nice! lakihan mo yung pix.  :-D
<

Offline bembo

« Reply #1299 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31:52 AM »
well too late mate, im already in a les paul frenzy..

here's mine, 76 Greco LP Standard

ayan po ba yung galing kay sir dansparta???
Premiere Les Paul->zoom G1x->Boston OD->Behringer Noise Reducer->Boston Chorus