hulika

Author Topic: ZOOM USERS THREAD: Share your experiences, patches, etc. here!  (Read 1144999 times)

Offline ryan666

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: ZOOM USERS THREAD: Share your experiences, patches, etc. here!
« Reply #1225 on: October 16, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »
Para sa zoom 606 user, baka gusto nyo tong itry. Enjoy

Video Sample:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:32:08 AM by ryan666 »

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1226 on: October 16, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »
mawawala rin kaya ung tonesuck?  :?

Oo. Tingin ko magaling naman magmod si sir riccab7.. Tska money-back guarantee naman eh. Gusto ko matry. Hehe :grin:

Video Sample:

Sa G7 or G9? Wala ba sir? :grin:

Offline ryan666

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1227 on: October 16, 2008, 06:33:02 PM »
Sa G7 or G9? Wala ba sir? :grin:

Di ko pa natingnan ang loob ng G7 at G9.hehe. 606 muna. :-) :-) :-)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:43:47 PM by ryan666 »

Offline crushtone1991

« Reply #1228 on: October 16, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »
mga ser..ano po ba pinagkaiba ng g1x at g2.1u?sabi ng iba parehas lang daw yung tunog..kumusta naman po ba yung tibay ng g1x syaka g2.1u?alin ang mas matibay o parehas lang ba?wala kasi akong pera pambili ng mga mahal na multi fx.

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1229 on: October 16, 2008, 08:05:49 PM »
Yung G1X, 3-band EQ lang siya, ang G2.1u 6-band EQ. Mas maraming drives at modulation ata ang G2 kesa sa G1X...

Offline icemuzic

« Reply #1230 on: October 16, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »
Video Sample:

pare pwde sa 707 II yan??paki elaborate naman o....tnx pare... :-D :-D

Offline ryan666

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1231 on: October 17, 2008, 05:19:20 AM »
pare pwde sa 707 II yan??paki elaborate naman o....tnx pare... :-D :-D

I think pwede sa 707ii but i have to look for its board a it locate san yung tone sucking capacitor nya.bale yung dito sa 606, and L/R output ng PCM3003(digital IC converts Analog to digital then digital to analog signal) dadaan sa two capacitors na nasa pics,so instead na tatanggalin ko yung capacitor, pinutol ko nalang ang foil path(same result kung tatanggalin ang capacitor). After, ginawa ko yung mod, mas litaw na ang tone nya,the bypass and wah has great improvement lalo na kung PV drive gamit mo at low gain. Basta, actual is better than testimonial. wag nyo munang i on ang eq. at simulator.tsaka na pag nakapili na kau ng drive.yung sa sound clip ko naka of ang eq. at sim. kung di kayo satisfied sa mod, use jumper wire to connect back the foils again. INGAT LANG SA PAGMOD.Good luck. :-) :-) :-)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:53:59 AM by ryan666 »

Offline ryan666

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1232 on: October 17, 2008, 06:20:44 AM »
mga ser..ano po ba pinagkaiba ng g1x at g2.1u?sabi ng iba parehas lang daw yung tunog..kumusta naman po ba yung tibay ng g1x syaka g2.1u?alin ang mas matibay o parehas lang ba?wala kasi akong pera pambili ng mga mahal na multi fx.

Based on my observation, may issues sa china made na zoom. Yes, maganda ang tunog ng G series but its very fragile than japan zoom models. Namentioned ko before na kung makasagap ng celphone radiation(yung strong signal from cellphone kung may parating na call or text) nasisira ang programming ng fx,bigla nalang maghahang ang fx at mawawalan ng tunog.You have to turn off and on again ang unit para bumalik sa normal(hopefully). switches are d same sa old models very fragile, plasticwares and housing of g1x, g1 is not as good as old zoom,yung knobs madaling masira.meron ding namention na ang controls di tumatagal. I love zoom fx because of its price and its features. dissapointed lang ako sa sa late models nila kasi very fragile. Ok bumili ng china made zooms basta be take care of it like a baby.Or buy dito sa philmusic ng old zoom models(maraming mababait na members and i THANK THEM VERY MUCH for their generous offer) at ipamod mo like what sir ricabb do. Hope this will help. :-) :-) :-)

Offline GNOB29

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1233 on: October 17, 2008, 11:13:49 AM »
asan kana ghost talker ito lang masasabi ko sayo... dun sa binigay mong patches kakaiba... bakit ganun ang tunog na kinalabasan...

MARAMING SALAMAT PO SIR...

at dun sa binigay nyo set up sa aking MT2, Overdrive at G2.1u...

ako po ay natutuwa na sa tunog ko ngayon... salamat ng marami at sa philmusic...  :-D
i already dispose here: Fender Strat 50th Anniversary Made in U.S, Fender Strat MIJ Reverse Headstock, Epiphone Firebird, Godin Acoustic, Octave OC2, XBOX 360.

My Gear: Hamer Vector, Fender Strat 57ri, Warlock and my Pedalboard...

Offline tinnitimie26

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1234 on: October 17, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
pag napapadpad ako sa thread na'to namimis ko tuloy ang g9 :-(

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1235 on: October 17, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
san po ba dito sa pinas may zoom products? mga gfx series?
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline john.doesnt

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1236 on: October 17, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
With all due respect to those who are so minded to modify their multi-effects pedals, I suggest that before you tinker with the hardware of your gadget to solve it's "thin" or "nasal" sound, I think it would be better for you to try out some of those patches readily available in the internet and tweak them, keeping in mind the sound you are aiming for.  The drive effects of all multi-effects pedals have a wide range of sound color that it's easy to get confused and get tangled in a loop of sound ideas.  If you will listen to all the modules in the effects chain of a pedal, most of the effects have tone-altering parameter or components.  You have to distinguish carefully how each effect changes the sound and how it's making it closer to the sound you want.  For example, short delay chorus introduces some odd harmonics and has the effect of damping low and middle tones.  Also, higher gain is often perceived as higher in tone. 

It is also a good practice to get a good stock guitar-amplifier sound first before tweaking your multi-effects.  The idea is to get good compromise between the guitar and amplifier tone output as close as possible to the your ideal sound then work your multi-effects from there.

It is misleading to say that a hardware modification in your multi-effects pedal will solve your tone problems.  Hardware modifications do change the sound of gadgets but bear in mind that a stage in the gadget can never exceed the operating range it was designed for.  There are compromises in modifying a device.  Most of these modifications are introduced only in the analog part of the circuitry and will most likely affect only the gain and/or tone/frequency response of the stage being modified.  Very often, increasing the limit of one signal character, gain or tone, will decrease another signal character.  An alternative non-invasive way, which I think is better, is to adjust the gain and/or tone response of the stages in the effects chain. 

Don't you think that if the simple issue of having a "thin" or "nasal" sound has been around from the time Zoom came into being, the designers at Zoom would have solved it by adding or removing a couple of cheap components?  If the smart mod guys here in philmusic can find modification designs, schemes and diagrams in the internet, why can't the people at Zoom find them?  Are they really that stupid and dense?  Pedals/Effects modification diagrams are all around the internet (google is your friend). 

I think, the bad reputation that Zoom has been attributed for is largely because of the default patches of their effects.  But, like all default patches, they are designed to be demonstration patches to underscore the sound/tone idea associated with the patch.  You may say that the Zoom sound is their trademark.  After all, the multi-effects you have has passed through many research and development stages to give the best compromise between what the whole device is capable of and the whole range of guitars and amplifiers it will work in. 

If you have a bad or mediocre guitar or amplifier, you will not get very far in getting that elusive sound that is in your mind.  At most, a bad or mediocre guitar or amplifier can sound good, or a good guitar or amplifier can sound better with a multi-effects pedal.  If you're looking for a patch that will make your Fernando (no offense to Fernando owners) sound like a PRS, you can tweak our pedal to death and you might get lucky but don't get your hopes up.  It's like applying a car wax to make your Kia look like a BMW.  But in the end, after a hard day's work, a Kia is still a Kia and a BMW is a BMW but you can always say to your self that your car shines like a BMW, even though it doesn't look or feel like one. 

The point here is: be patient, be smart, be creative and take pride in your work. 

But if you have already set your heart and mind in getting your pedal modified, then go ahead.  There's no point in using something you are not comfortable or satisfied with.  Good luck. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:43:46 PM by john.doesnt »
Piracy is not allowed here...

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1238 on: October 17, 2008, 05:11:35 PM »
Agree din ako sa sinabi ni john.doesnt

O nga naman, di naman basta ganun na lang ang mga makers ng zoom mfx's. Experienced ko din yun. Nakukuha ko din yung tone na gusto ko sa g7 ko. Kelangan lang talaga kabisado mo yung sound ng bawat drive para malaman mo kung anong drive ang gagamitin mo para maachieve mo yung gusto mong tunog.

Offline crushtone1991

« Reply #1239 on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »
Based on my observation, may issues sa china made na zoom. Yes, maganda ang tunog ng G series but its very fragile than japan zoom models. Namentioned ko before na kung makasagap ng celphone radiation(yung strong signal from cellphone kung may parating na call or text) nasisira ang programming ng fx,bigla nalang maghahang ang fx at mawawalan ng tunog.You have to turn off and on again ang unit para bumalik sa normal(hopefully). switches are d same sa old models very fragile, plasticwares and housing of g1x, g1 is not as good as old zoom,yung knobs madaling masira.meron ding namention na ang controls di tumatagal. I love zoom fx because of its price and its features. dissapointed lang ako sa sa late models nila kasi very fragile. Ok bumili ng china made zooms basta be take care of it like a baby.Or buy dito sa philmusic ng old zoom models(maraming mababait na members and i THANK THEM VERY MUCH for their generous offer) at ipamod mo like what sir ricabb do. Hope this will help. :-) :-) :-)

saan naman ako pwedeng magpa mod kuya?syaka magkano ang gagastusin ko?gaano katagal pagmagpapamod ako?

Offline icemuzic

« Reply #1240 on: October 17, 2008, 08:52:54 PM »
I think pwede sa 707ii but i have to look for its board a it locate san yung tone sucking capacitor nya.bale yung dito sa 606, and L/R output ng PCM3003(digital IC converts Analog to digital then digital to analog signal) dadaan sa two capacitors na nasa pics,so instead na tatanggalin ko yung capacitor, pinutol ko nalang ang foil path(same result kung tatanggalin ang capacitor). After, ginawa ko yung mod, mas litaw na ang tone nya,the bypass and wah has great improvement lalo na kung PV drive gamit mo at low gain. Basta, actual is better than testimonial. wag nyo munang i on ang eq. at simulator.tsaka na pag nakapili na kau ng drive.yung sa sound clip ko naka of ang eq. at sim. kung di kayo satisfied sa mod, use jumper wire to connect back the foils again. INGAT LANG SA PAGMOD.Good luck. :-) :-) :-)
galing mo...updates naman pag mag ka idea kna sa 707..di tlaga ako satisfied sa wah,balak ko bumili ng wah na pedal..tnx

Offline warpigs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1241 on: October 17, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »
I agree with John. 8-)

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1242 on: October 18, 2008, 07:34:51 AM »
>saan naman ako pwedeng magpa mod kuya?syaka magkano ang gagastusin ko?

pm mo sir si sir ricabb7.

Offline ryan666

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1243 on: October 18, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
Good day to all,

Based on my modification, I just modify the analog part of the circuit, the op amp circuit where the output L/R signals comes out. I didn't touch the digital circuit of the fx. The modification is optional to the fx user. I just want to share the mod i discover, it can be helpful or not. You can return it back to its original circuit if its not helpful. I understand the importance of right amp, guitar pick up, strings and cable to get the tone you need but in case you can get improvement to the tone of your gear why not go for it. Modding are like accessories, it can upgrade or degrade your gears. It is also adds uniqueness to your gear. No thing can satify all users, thats why modification exsist.  :-) :-) :-)

Offline freakypao

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1244 on: October 18, 2008, 09:30:39 PM »
pasali ako.. im using zoom G1X multi efx pedals.. nagexperiment nako nang ibat ibang sounds.. pero di ko parin mapalabas ung dist. na bagay sa funk na tugtugan.. tsaka ung wah hirap pagsamahin.. kaya ba nang isang multi efx na magpalabas nang ganung sound? need help po pls. tnx..

Offline crushtone1991

« Reply #1245 on: October 18, 2008, 09:57:26 PM »
san po ba dito sa pinas may zoom products? mga gfx series?

sa jbmusic kuya.sila yata yung official dealer ng zoom dito sa pinas.

Offline ghostalker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1246 on: October 18, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
asan kana ghost talker ito lang masasabi ko sayo... dun sa binigay mong patches kakaiba... bakit ganun ang tunog na kinalabasan...

MARAMING SALAMAT PO SIR...

at dun sa binigay nyo set up sa aking MT2, Overdrive at G2.1u...

ako po ay natutuwa na sa tunog ko ngayon... salamat ng marami at sa philmusic...  :-D

gud day.

alin ba dun sa pinost ko na patches? medyo naguguluhan ako sa post mo.
God Bless!
Rockin' for Jesus 

Offline ryan666

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1247 on: October 18, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »
pasali ako.. im using zoom G1X multi efx pedals.. nagexperiment nako nang ibat ibang sounds.. pero di ko parin mapalabas ung dist. na bagay sa funk na tugtugan.. tsaka ung wah hirap pagsamahin.. kaya ba nang isang multi efx na magpalabas nang ganung sound? need help po pls. tnx..

maybe this will help. by the way, after trying to follow the patches, try to adjust the volume, gain, and tone a little bit coz the sound may vary on the description of the patch(you don't have the same guitar and amp used by the players who created the patch). http://www.haax.se/manualsite/index.php?unit=G1 Good luck :-) :-) :-)

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1248 on: October 18, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »

sa jbmusic kuya.sila yata yung official dealer ng zoom dito sa pinas.

salamat po sir..  pero wala pala sila mga GFX series.. gusto ko sana mag try at mag pa turo.. hehe :-D
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1249 on: October 19, 2008, 07:45:58 AM »
salamat po sir..  pero wala pala sila mga GFX series.. gusto ko sana mag try at mag pa turo.. hehe :-D

sa classifieds may gfx8 akong nakita. 8k ata.