hulika

Author Topic: Ibanez guitar users thread  (Read 3427509 times)

Offline ryaneth

• Netizen Level
Re: Ibanez guitar users thread
« Reply #19600 on: December 20, 2016, 12:14:31 AM »
Ibby Masters!

Planning to buy my first Ibanez, S series.. Any info?

Will be my number 2 or 1 guitar.. Will just be played sa room.. hehe bedroom guitarist.

Planning to buy the six6fdfm kaso walang tone knob :(

Genre to be played. Blues, fusion, jazz, prog all actually pero sipra sipra lang :)

Thanks!

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19601 on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »
Ibby Masters!

Planning to buy my first Ibanez, S series.. Any info?

Will be my number 2 or 1 guitar.. Will just be played sa room.. hehe bedroom guitarist.

Planning to buy the six6fdfm kaso walang tone knob :(

Genre to be played. Blues, fusion, jazz, prog all actually pero sipra sipra lang :)

Thanks!

i think you need to find another guitar for those influences.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline ryaneth

• Netizen Level
« Reply #19602 on: December 22, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
i think you need to find another guitar for those influences.

Thanks fro the comment bro, Currently leaning towards that model tlga. Haha...

Only downside wla tlgang tone knob.. :(

Pero kakaiba GAS Sakin ng ibby na un..

Offline m_a_k

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #19603 on: December 26, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
Hi, please help me choose which Ibanez guitar should i buy.
I'm choosing between RG3250MZ or RG2550Z?

One is maple neck and the other is rose wood, are they the same in sustaining the notes?

I was so confused with the difference of their neck material and thickness.
How was the playing with 17mm neck thickness compared to 18mm?

I owned a Yamaha RGX-612 before and i really loved its thick neck and rosewood fingerboard, just not the body so i sold it.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19604 on: December 26, 2016, 07:30:02 PM »
Hi, please help me choose which Ibanez guitar should i buy.
I'm choosing between RG3250MZ or RG2550Z?

One is maple neck and the other is rose wood, are they the same in sustaining the notes?

I was so confused with the difference of their neck material and thickness.
How was the playing with 17mm neck thickness compared to 18mm?

I owned a Yamaha RGX-612 before and i really loved its thick neck and rosewood fingerboard, just not the body so i sold it.

Hi bro. The 2550 changed the neck profile to Wizard HP Prestige from since 2010. Prior to that naka Wizard Prestige lang which is a bit thicker. If the 2550 is a 2010 onwards model, same lang sila neck profile ni 3250.

Yung Wizard HP neck, manipis talaga. Pero comfy siya tugtugin. Out of the two, I'd choose the 3520 because of the KTS Titanium Reinforcements sa neck.

Offline anjoesatriani

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19605 on: December 27, 2016, 02:51:14 PM »
hi guys, pa-appraise lang kasi selling for a relative and wala idea sa 2nd hand value, magkano ko kaya presyuhan 'to sa ads? thanks!  :-)

Model: AR300
Made in Korea

Offline spoonbender

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19606 on: January 02, 2017, 11:03:56 AM »
Love the new Premiums:

RG950

RG1070PBZ

RG6PCML
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:12:14 AM by spoonbender »

Offline max28

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19607 on: January 02, 2017, 01:09:20 PM »
Love the new Premiums:

RG950

RG1070PBZ

RG6PCML

dangggg those 11 pcs neck!  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19608 on: January 09, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
Never posted my ladies but here they are:

What you own, owns you.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19609 on: January 10, 2017, 12:34:33 AM »
Never posted my ladies but here they are:

Black beauties. Still, that 550 is *heart heart*!
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19610 on: January 10, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »
 >:D

My favorite Ibanez so far!
What you own, owns you.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19611 on: January 10, 2017, 09:50:38 PM »
I've been playing my 6string Iron Label with EMGs for quite a long time now na nasideline yung RGA32 ko. I got so used to how the IL sounds that when I played the RGA, it sounded meh. I was guessing because stock pickups are just really that bad. Now I'm gassing for a pickup upgrade.  :idea:
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19612 on: January 10, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »
I thought it's easy to get a good sound with EMGs compared to other pickups. Mas matagal ako nag tweak kapag ibang gitara gamit ko. I'm in the same situation as you, don't know if I should bother swapping magnets of V7/V8 or upgrade it. Hmmm.
What you own, owns you.

Offline captainsatch

« Reply #19613 on: January 11, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »
just wanna report this since im a big ibanez fan ! what do you think bout this post sirs? please read the replies and my recent comment.

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=342451.0

Offline Drac

« Reply #19614 on: January 13, 2017, 03:03:44 AM »
>:D

My favorite Ibanez so far!

Whay year model is that RG550? Damn those are rare nowadays

You also mentioned Pickups are the Tone Zones and Airnortons brighter than V7s and V8s  or are their warmer.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:06:28 AM by Drac »
Take me as I am!!

Offline Drac

« Reply #19615 on: January 13, 2017, 03:10:14 AM »
So, for the Original Edge, what is the best DIY solution for the trem arm being loose? Best meaning long lasting.

I think others burn their Plastic bushings a bit but I haven't tried that with my Edge Pro arm. I am not sure if that is long lasting.

As for me I use the plastic bag trick maybe Ibanez should just adopt the Gotoh since Original Edge to Edge Pro are made by Gotoh anyways
Take me as I am!!

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19616 on: January 13, 2017, 03:51:35 AM »
Whay year model is that RG550? Damn those are rare nowadays

You also mentioned Pickups are the Tone Zones and Airnortons brighter than V7s and V8s  or are their warmer.

This is from 2001. I got lucky with this one. I saw it online GC used section, bit the bullet after hesitation and glad it worked out. It looks unplayed when I got it.

Tone Zone and Air Norton are in my 7string guitar, they're a bit brighter maybe because of ceramic magnets. I used to have normal Tone Zone set and I remember it having a bit more nasally sound compared to the 7 string version, which is what I liked more. Not sure if that' what you will consider warmer. I also just realized I don't like too much bass coming from pickups, but Tone Zone does sound big if you're looking for that sound.

V7 and V8 are "ok" pickups. Too much bass at times, not enough punch and mids but can still sound good if you play with the amp settings. If you want bright pickups, this is not what  I would recommend.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:59:15 AM by Van* »
What you own, owns you.

Offline Drac

« Reply #19617 on: January 13, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
This is from 2001. I got lucky with this one. I saw it online GC used section, bit the bullet after hesitation and glad it worked out. It looks unplayed when I got it.

Tone Zone and Air Norton are in my 7string guitar, they're a bit brighter maybe because of ceramic magnets. I used to have normal Tone Zone set and I remember it having a bit more nasally sound compared to the 7 string version, which is what I liked more. Not sure if that' what you will consider warmer. I also just realized I don't like too much bass coming from pickups, but Tone Zone does sound big if you're looking for that sound.

V7 and V8 are "ok" pickups. Too much bass at times, not enough punch and mids but can still sound good if you play with the amp settings. If you want bright pickups, this is not what  I would recommend.

Hey thanks for the inputs.

I don't like bright sounding pickups.. I am looking for something warmer than the V7s and V8s. I already have V7 and V8 on my RG1570 I feel I need a more warmer sound.

Take me as I am!!

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19618 on: January 13, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »
You'll want a middy pickup set then, but I'll stay away from Tone Zone. 36th Paf set might be the sound you're looking for.
What you own, owns you.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19619 on: January 15, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »
You'll want a middy pickup set then, but I'll stay away from Tone Zone. 36th Paf set might be the sound you're looking for.

I find the Tone Zone to be a good pickup but you really have to mess with the pickup height. It's such a pain in the neck but when you get you sweet spot, it's a great pickup.

36th PAF is a great pickup as well. Very punchy with a nice midrange bite (not too honky). They sound great for Les Pauls. I'm not so sure how it would sound in an Ibanez RG.

Offline Drac

« Reply #19620 on: January 15, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »

Oh my...

Hmmn I think should just stick with the V8,s and V7s tutal sanay ako sa sound na yun.. at yun din ang pickup ng current guitar ko.. so no need to change the amp settings drastically.

my problem is I want a new Ibanez prestige guitar, but most of the Japan RGs today have Tone Zones... it would be a bummer if I have to replace them immediately oh boy...

How I wish they reisue the RG1570 again with a lo Pro or Original edge bridge kinda like RG570 2011 re issue but with a AANJ instead of the tilt Joint.
Take me as I am!!

Offline spoonbender

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19621 on: January 16, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »
I think others burn their Plastic bushings a bit but I haven't tried that with my Edge Pro arm. I am not sure if that is long lasting.

As for me I use the plastic bag trick maybe Ibanez should just adopt the Gotoh since Original Edge to Edge Pro are made by Gotoh anyways

I used to apply clear nail polish on the bushings, kaso mabilis din lumuwag,
Last week, i applied a very thin layer of super glue (mighty bond) using a toothpick, then sanded it down.
Very tight na ulit.
:)

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19622 on: January 16, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
I used to apply clear nail polish on the bushings, kaso mabilis din lumuwag,
Last week, i applied a very thin layer of super glue (mighty bond) using a toothpick, then sanded it down.
Very tight na ulit.
:)

Ang ginawa ko with mine was to put teflon tape on the trem arm before putting in the plastic bushings. They get loose after a while but it does the job of tightening the arm. :D

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19623 on: January 16, 2017, 10:28:16 PM »
I scratch off dirty, hardened tack from the sides of tape dispensers, form those into tiny booger-sized balls, and put that inside a bushing and push it back into position on the tremolo arm. They will stay reasonably tight for a good while. When the tack starts to creep out onto the sides of the bushing, just scratch them off, ball them up again, put in between the bushing and arm, and done. The only downside to this is that they look like "libag" stuck on the white plastic bushings, but I've been doing this on my Edge Pro trem with lots of success.

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19624 on: January 17, 2017, 09:28:26 PM »
Oh my...

Hmmn I think should just stick with the V8,s and V7s tutal sanay ako sa sound na yun.. at yun din ang pickup ng current guitar ko.. so no need to change the amp settings drastically.

my problem is I want a new Ibanez prestige guitar, but most of the Japan RGs today have Tone Zones... it would be a bummer if I have to replace them immediately oh boy...

How I wish they reisue the RG1570 again with a lo Pro or Original edge bridge kinda like RG570 2011 re issue but with a AANJ instead of the tilt Joint.
I'll gladly swap your Tone Zones for my V7/V8 set. Lol

You have to try it man, maybe you'll like the Tone Zone. I love it for rock/metal stuff.
What you own, owns you.