hulika

Author Topic: Dream Theater: Constant Motion (Systematic Chaos)  (Read 2882 times)

Offline fatboyrosqui

Dream Theater: Constant Motion (Systematic Chaos)
« on: April 15, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »
Sana lang a few days after June 5 ay ma-release din dito sa Pinas.

From www.dreamtheater.net:

Systematic Chaos - CD and DVD release info!
Added on 04-14-2007

DREAM THEATER'S upcoming release "Systematic Chaos" will be released on Tuesday June 5th (date may vary in different countries) and will be available in two formats:

Regular Edition CD:
    Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (Regular Edition)    Special Edition CD and DVD:
    Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (Special Edition)

The Special Edition DVD will include:

* the entire album mixed in 5.1 surround sound
        * "Chaos in Progress - The Making of Systematic Chaos"
          (a 90-minute documentary directed by Mike Portnoy)

The CD's track listing for both editions is:

1. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1 (9:00)
       2. Forsaken (5:36)
       3. Constant Motion (6:55)
       4. The Dark Eternal Night (8:51)
       5. Repentance (10:43)
       6. Prophets Of War (6:01)
       7. The Ministry of Lost Souls (14:57)
       8. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2 (16:38)

The band will shoot a video next week for the first single off the album, "Constant Motion".

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
Dream Theater: Constant Motion (Systematic Chaos)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
I downloaded Dream Theater's new single Constant Motion from their official website www.dreamtheater.net. It looks like the band has retained the metal-ish music from Train of Thought. The song is kinda heavy. Mike does awesome backs. The one thing that caught my attention is the metal-ish "flavor", the song sounds exactly like a Metallica/Slayer song. It still has all DT elements such ear-wrenching guitar riffs, heavy double bass drumming, awesome basslines, the keyboard solos, and Labrie's high pitched voice. Its like 60% metal and 40% progressive.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
DREAMTHEATER: SYSTEMATIC CHAOS
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
narinig niyo na ba yung lahat ng tracks ng newest album nila?

"Dark Eternal Night" palang pati "Constant Motion" yung naririnig ko...

based on those two songs, so far its just been a renactment of the previous album.

anyone care to share more?  :-)

Offline low_end

• Veteran Member
Re: DREAMTHEATER: SYSTEMATIC CHAOS
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:13:35 AM »
I got their new album, well i like dream theater and all of their albums, this one...it's a 50/50. One of the songs songs like something they pulled out of their stash of metallica cd's.

James Labrie's voice a bit too whiny now. Unlike their old albums, Systematic Chaos fails to keep the listener to listen to the album again. When i listened to it, it was over for me, didn't bother to listen to it again, and the songs are not memorable unlike before.

From the songs of Repentance, Prophets of Souls, and the ministry of souls, it sounded more of a sermon coming out from the bible. Prophets of souls talks about the soldiers in the US fighting the terrorists and what not.

If you get to listen to the album, it'll get weird on you.

san ka nakascore ng album sir?

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 11:54:35 AM »
katulad sa sinabi ko isang isang thread(kapareho nito)

little dissapointed lang ako kasi (from my personal opinion?) para siyang me konting rip off??? riff ni petrucci just I remember dimebag w/the crying licks.. the song constant motion parang metallica??? the track "the dark eternal night" parang 46 & 2 na me halong massage to harry manback ng tool??? and one of the tracks sounded like dimmu borgir???the technicallities and untiming nandoon parin naman me mga sweeping pa akong naririnig sa "Forsaken" the track"Repentance" naman parang nirecycle lang nila yung "dying soul"

all in all its a good album dough di to ang the best :-D

just my opinion...

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »
I agree. This is a good album but not a great album compared to their old ones. Mas gusto ko pa rin mga Images and Words, Awake, Falling Into Infinity tsaka Scenes from A Memory tsaka Train Of Thought.
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline totpa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:21:49 PM »
Good album. More agressive.  :?

Offline rennaov

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »
not refreshing then? im somehow bored w/ dream theater nowadays, masturbatory guitars/keyboards, petrucci's solos oftentimes go tadada(slow to medium speed) then dildildildidildi, then slow down a bit then dildildildidildi again, etc..., and the riffs somehow are the hash & rehash type.  Never dig James
 voice since day 1.  tongue sticking out like eric santos when he screams live.  its like dreamtheater's not growing nowadays, just playing their stuff faster and more precise than before.  i love the band but i think they aren't offering new to the table.  no question they're gods live though. 

if you feel the same, try To-Mera! :evil:, im awed w/ this band.  fresh and very clever prog, lots of different styles incorporated, quite unpredictable.  female fronted, rich voice that melds carefully w/ their music.  cant describe their music properly, better hear them.  :evil:
I see traces, fragments of God shared in the form of human talent...

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 11:08:44 PM »
mas gusto ko mga lumang album nila.. kung papilinn ako mas gusto ko pa symphony x paradise lost kesa sa DT systematic chaos..

Offline cradleofklien

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 12:26:18 AM »
siguro kaya naging more aggressive sila sa album nato kasi na label na sila sa ROADRUNNERRECORDS at alam naman natin na halos lahat ng nasa label ng roadrunner e puro's mabibigat..  :-D.. pero all in all panalo pa din tong album nato..  8-)

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 09:14:28 AM »
I got their new album, well i like dream theater and all of their albums, this one...it's a 50/50. One of the songs songs like something they pulled out of their stash of metallica cd's.

James Labrie's voice a bit too whiny now. Unlike their old albums, Systematic Chaos fails to keep the listener to listen to the album again. When i listened to it, it was over for me, didn't bother to listen to it again, and the songs are not memorable unlike before.

From the songs of Repentance, Prophets of Souls, and the ministry of souls, it sounded more of a sermon coming out from the bible. Prophets of souls talks about the soldiers in the US fighting the terrorists and what not.

If you get to listen to the album, it'll get weird on you.

Prophets of Souls? Ministry of Souls?
As far as I know its called Prophets of War and Ministry of Lost Souls.

DT is getting in touch with their fictional writing. The setting in TMOLS is based on the river styx.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

yngwievankotzen

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 06:47:22 PM »
more aggressive yung album pero may isang track na tunog techno or new wave (basta parang ganun ang dating sakin)..
hindi ko din masyado pinapakinggan yung album kase in my opinion hindi ganun ka interesting lalo na pag nasanay kang pinapakinggan lagi yung mga old stuff..
malayo tunog sa mga previous albums nila, siguro pinaka malapit is yung some songs in scenes form a memory and train of thought..
maybe it's part of their experimentations etc..
i'll give this album: 5/10..