hulika

Author Topic: bad monkey  (Read 27218 times)

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
Re: bad monkey
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 12:20:44 PM »
any soundclips you have?anylinks?

planning to buy soon having second thoughts though kasi napakalayo ng PJC shop samin

yung demo sa website nila parang meron ng halo reverb e

i want to hear it plain na walang reverb

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
set the BM's treble and drive controls to 1 o'clock and it mimics a TS-9 with its own controls set to 12 o'clock... TS-808 has a bit more grit which the BM doesn't rightfully match up against. imho...

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So all of you are saying that Bad monkey is Good......? hehehe so that monkey pretends to be a siga wherein it is actually a saint....hehehehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good thing I have 1 in the cage
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
can the BM match Boss Dual overdrive SD-2 lead channel?

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 03:59:21 PM »

nope it cant. maybe ung crunch channel ng SD 2 kya ung BM or vice versa. Theres just to much gain sa lead channel ng SD 2 compared sa gain ng BM.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »

nope it cant. maybe ung crunch channel ng SD 2 kya ung BM or vice versa. Theres just to much gain sa lead channel ng SD 2 compared sa gain ng BM.

thnx 4 d tip :-D

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 07:31:12 PM »
Yey for the Bad Monkey...!  :lol:
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 01:24:22 AM »
so its a GOOD monkey eh...

i want something with a little more gain..

screamin blues for me. :P

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 07:46:15 AM »
so its a GOOD monkey eh...

i want something with a little more gain..

screamin blues for me. :P

:mrgreen: With matching Halo :-D
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline aden

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 10:09:35 AM »
for the price, you can't go wrong with the BM...

bang for the buck!!

30 pesos lang busog ka na....hehe joke...
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 12:01:37 PM »
ts808 is a monster too during it's time/era...you cannot compare the BM to it simply because it's a modern OD.

I can compare the BM to the BOSS OS-2 overdrive/distortion but not with the vintage tube overdrive ts808

there are totally different/ unique in their own very way

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 12:04:27 PM »
magkano ba dito yun brand new na bad monkey? o baka may mga nagbebenta jan ng 2nd hand.. ahaha.. alin para sa inyo yun mas tunog tube.. bm o tubescreamer? etong 2 kasi pinagpipilian koh as a overdrive eh.. pero mas in favor akoh sa bm.. :-D

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 12:07:28 PM »
magkano ba dito yun brand new na bad monkey? o baka may mga nagbebenta jan ng 2nd hand.. ahaha.. alin para sa inyo yun mas tunog tube.. bm o tubescreamer? etong 2 kasi pinagpipilian koh as a overdrive eh.. pero mas in favor akoh sa bm.. :-D

mas tunog tube padin ang tubescreamer of course
Its not the grit but the roundness of the tone that tagged it to be tube sounding

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »
hmm just wondering why sa TS808 compare yung BM.. I think its the TS9 is what its trying to "copy".
The TS808(at least the reissues Ive used) has more gain than that of the BM. The BM has a lot of mid's in it, that makes it sound round and warm. The TS9 and the BM are really very much close, when you do a blind A/B sound comparison on those 2 peds, I bet it will be very difficult to differentiate the 2 pedals.

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »
hmm just wondering why sa TS808 compare yung BM.. I think its the TS9 is what its trying to "copy".
The TS808(at least the reissues Ive used) has more gain than that of the BM. The BM has a lot of mid's in it, that makes it sound round and warm. The TS9 and the BM are really very much close, when you do a blind A/B sound comparison on those 2 peds, I bet it will be very difficult to differentiate the 2 pedals.

i was al praises with BM up until the time i tried a TS 9. I literally i got rid of the BM  the same minute I put my TS9 on my board, but for the money BM wins. for BM you get more than what you pay for actually but still Ts 9 is a TS 9.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 06:36:53 AM »
the bad monkey is inexpensive that's why it's a big favorite......but i will stick with my ts808 AND ts9dx...they are both good sounding pedals stock!

we have keelley modified boss and ibanez pedals in the store that i work for...it is required of me to try EVERY pedal in the store....

the verdict? keeley modded pedals are good, BUT very little difference...and there are lot of more choices out there...

in terms of overdrive/distortion pedals.....it's better to buy a boutique than to modify a pedal.....if youve got the boss or ibby pedals to begin with, i guess it's worth modding to them to breathe new life into them but as for buying a 'new' pedal? depending on your budget, go for gold and buy your ultimate purchase....your dream pedal.......

if money is not an option...i would buy a porsche.... :mrgreen:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:48 AM »
screamin blues nalang.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »

i think its famous not simply because its cheap, it has its own place in the scheme of things... im using it as a boost for my FD2 and modded SD1, to give it more mids when soloing.

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »
im not a blues player (i want to be one though) and i havnt tried any of the TSxxx... but i love how my BM sounds with my silver dragon...more gain..more bang!  :-D
....and this world...will be shaken by a whisper...

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 10:54:34 PM »
screamin blues nalang.

dami nga sabi ok daw ito..

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2007, 12:59:23 AM »

Does the Screamin Blues have more gain?

Offline toybitz

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2007, 01:43:17 AM »
Does the Screamin Blues have more gain?

although its still more of a boost pedal...the answer is "yep".
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 05:55:48 AM »
talagang ok. though hindi nya kayang gayahin yung blues driver ng boss, pero good thing ay may mid-level boost ang screamin blues, at halos ganun din sya ka-creamy or ka-lagkit katulad ng bd2.

one thing: hindi gayang-gaya ng bad monkey ang ts9 (na siguro ineexpect ng majority rito). iba pa ring ang TS, pero the bad monkey is not "bad" at all. it has it's own "character" ika nga.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline spyroghyro

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »
well for me BM and Screamin' Blues compliments each other. I tried the BD pero matapang for my taste. So nag-stick na lang ako sa screamin' blues but it doesn't mean na less ang drive ng screamin' blues depende rin kasi sa amp na gamit mo. Di ko gusto yung tunog pag solid state amp gamit ko pero pag tube amp, wow siya. But if you use the screamin blues as your dist and the BM as boost pedal galing ng tunog maybe because both have bass and high tweakability. IMHO

Offline strummer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2007, 09:23:33 PM »
uy? binenta mo na si power screamer?

ako my opinion on the badmonkey, yeah, it's good enough for me. i was satisfied na with my badmonkey until i got an offer for a TS-9 which i just had to take, hehe. upon getting home, i A/B-ed the pedals, to my dismay, they're almost the same. mas clear lang yung TS-9 and mas "analog" yung tone, pero the badmonkey is a close second, actually parang kaya pa habulin with the more flexible controls on the badmonkey. so yun i sold the badmonkey and kept the TS-9. mali ko i should've kept both na lang, sarap nun pag cascaded eh, SRV baybeh!

tenks sa bad monkey piw. heheh. papamana ko na dapat to sa 'ading' ko binawi ko eh.. oks na oks. heheh. kaya balik siya sa pedal chain. yeba
strum away!