hulika

Author Topic: Jason Becker: Perpetual Burn  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Jason Becker: Perpetual Burn
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:12:30 PM »

Released: 1988
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Guitar Virtuoso

Tracks:
1. Altitudes
2. Perpetual Burn
3. Mabel’s Fatal Fable
4. Air
5. Temple of the Absurd
6. Eleven Blue Egyptians
7. Dweller in the Cellar
8. Opus Pocus

Aaahhh! Another shredding album for the ages. Let me just start by saying Becker's tone is probably one of the coolest I've ever heard. .Jason Becker plays all lead, rhythm, and bass guitars and keyboards, with guest solos by Marty Friedman and Atma Anur on drums. All over this album there is sweeping, string skipping, lightning fast walk-ups and walk-downs and random whammy bar abuse (which sometimes is annoying). I just love all the songs here, especially "Altitudes", "Air" and  "Opus Pocus." This album is melodic yet very odd!

This is one of my favorite shred albums. Jason Becker is insane, I tell you. He's like Malmsteen times 2, and again the appearence of Marty Friedman on a few songs just adds to the overall sweetness of this album. I'm a big fan of shred music and this is my second favorite shred cd so I think you should find it and buy it. So turn it on and let your head spin for 42 minutes of pure shred-insanity. If I would lost it I would definitely buy a replacement ASAP, too bad there are only few copies of this cd available. I'm just lucky to have it!

Rating: 5/5

Rock on! :-({|=
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 11:51:36 PM »
warning: this album will rip your head off :)
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline cat_eyes_gb

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 12:42:34 AM »
sayang tlga c Becker... must be really frustrating to be that good and not get to play anymore... ung Cacophony, now that's insane

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 12:41:42 PM »
yeah... bruce buiollet (not sure if i got the spelling right) also can't play anymore (or can't play fast at least) but jason's condition is worse...

trivia: jason was only 16 when marty "grabbed" him to form cacophony. marty is already very popular at that time, and was only 18.

among my most sought after albums is jason becker's latest album (i forgot the title)...jason has this computer that enables him to write music by sort of translating his thoughts... and the best thing (for me) about this album is that marty friedman played every guitar part, and even had a concert playing the whole album for his best bud!!!
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."