hulika

Author Topic: Hillsong worship leader renounces faith (discussion thread)  (Read 65 times)

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hillsong worship leader renounces faith (discussion thread)
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »
One of the writers of some of Hillsong's biggest worship songs has said he's "losing his faith".

Marty Sampson whose writing credits include O Praise the Name and King of Majesty took to Instagram to share how we was feeling about his beliefs.

Time for some real talk. Iím genuinely losing my faith, and it doesnít bother me. Like, what bothers me now is nothing. I am so happy now, so at peace with the world. Itís crazy.

This is a soapbox moment so here I go Ö How many preachers fall? Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen. Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send four billion people to a place, all Ďcoz they donít believe? No one talks about it. Christians can be the most judgmental people on the planetóthey can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people. But itís not for me.

I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the ďI just believe itĒ kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God. Got so much more to say, but for me, I keeping it real. Unfollow if you want, Iíve never been about living my life for others.

All I know is whatís true to me right now, and Christianity just seems to me like another religion at this point. I could go on, but I wonít. Love and forgive absolutely. Be kind absolutely. Be generous and do good to others absolutely. Some things are good no matter what you believe. Let the rain fall, the sun will come up tomorrow.
your thoughts?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:52:04 PM by fretboard »
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Online Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hillsong worship leader renounces faith (discussion thread)
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:29:04 PM »
Why should he disclose this in public?

Edit: If he is losing faith better keep it himself. Nakaka influence kase mga statement ng mga leader sa nasa baba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc