hulika

Author Topic: what interfaces...  (Read 2073 times)

Offline les888

• Netizen Level
what interfaces...
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:12:30 AM »
can we get locally ? :)

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: what interfaces...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 02:26:10 AM »
well let's classify the interface first. locally lang di ba so di ako mag-memention ng di available sa pinas or walang distributor dito. this are the things i know.

PCI-based sound card interface
1. M-audio soundcard interface (jbmusic)
2. Soundblaster and Creative Soundcards X-Fi (computer shops)
3. Pro Tools HD!!!  :-D

USB interface
-too many to mention. may behringer, m-audio, samson usb mics, mackie and digidesign na makukuha dito. these are available on their distributors which are mentioned in the MT&PA sticky thread http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,28451.0.html.

Firewire interface
- entirely the same as usb with alesis as an additional brand.

this are the things i know personally. meron pa sigurong brand or item na di ko nasabi na available din locally.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:08:23 AM by jamming_papu »
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline les888

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 02:29:44 AM »
uy salamat. there's mackie pala here.. thanks again !

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 02:32:58 AM »
they have a recording interface available and at display at The Music Source shop in QC. not sure if its usb or firewire. but my senses tells me its usb  :-D.
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis

Offline les888

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 02:42:52 AM »
haay.. still can't find a good value interface.. :/

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 03:02:51 AM »
dude, depende kasi sa plano mong pagagamitan o recording method kung ano talaga ang pinakamaganda, praktikal at pinaka-murang interface na para sa'yo.

and remember, consider your interface as an investment. kasi matagal-tagal mo yun magagamit. so dapat talaga yung best buy yung kunin mo.

example, kung multitrack ang target mo na isa-isang recording lang from a mic e USB mic lang pwede na. nakalimutan kong iinclude yun kanina. kung gusto mo naman na portable, simultaneous-multitrack capable e firewire/usb mixer ang pwede. para sakin good start na talaga ang M-audio delta soundcards. case to case basis din kasi  :roll:.
- Miles Davis

Offline les888

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:17:31 AM »
hmm.. i just found out i can use a pci sound card for my hackintosh. this changes everything. thanks for the help jamming_papu !

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:39:00 AM »
welcome  :-D. one final piece of advice, always do your research on the prospective item that you want to buy para sure ka sa features and functions ng item na 'yun.

reviews in the internet are a good source. read them all as possible.  :lol:
- Miles Davis

Offline les888

• Netizen Level
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 04:32:31 AM »
ya nga e.. before buying i always look at the reviews.

btw, sudden realization.. the only stuff i can get are the m-audio delta line.. and that's 2003 pa. maybe older. surely my emu 0404 usb will beat them in terms of analog out..

back to square one :/

Offline les888

• Netizen Level
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »
anyone know where i can find the emu 1212m ?

thanks !

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 09:50:58 AM »
anyone know where i can find the emu 1212m ?

Axis Global used to be the distributor of Emu soundcards but you'd be hardpressed to find one. Villman used to have a couple of units... (and there's always your relatives from abroad.)
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »
Axis Global used to be the distributor of Emu soundcards but you'd be hardpressed to find one. Villman used to have a couple of units... (and there's always your relatives from abroad.)

last time i checked late last year they still were.  however, on a per order basis.  worst is that halos doble price after taxes and shipping, which they factor in the retail price.

OT: @les888 - i did a lot of scoring work with the audigy when i started out.  that's good enough if you don't have options like i did, budget or otherwise.  so don't let the lack of an "industry standard" pro-ish interface stop you from makin good music.  you can always upgrade once you get projects na.

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
OT: @les888 - i did a lot of scoring work with the audigy when i started out.  that's good enough if you don't have options like i did, budget or otherwise.  so don't let the lack of an "industry standard" pro-ish interface stop you from makin good music.  you can always upgrade once you get projects na.

:-) :-) :-)

even me... i have done atleast 1 commercial jingle(radio and tv) and 1 tv theme song using my audigy2 around 5-7 years ago(cant remember na eh hehe).

Then later on when got my EMU1820m that when i really start to do alot of simultaneous multack recording.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline les888

• Netizen Level
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 11:48:39 PM »
thanks.. i don't know how this would appear but it's basically for listening lang. :)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 09:53:17 AM »
thanks.. i don't know how this would appear but it's basically for listening lang. :)

Soundblasters are ok for basic listening. The Maudio Audiophile 2496 is a suitable alternative if you don't need to multitrack.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

LouieAzcona

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 12:57:52 AM »

nagulat lang ako na, Emu pinaguusapan. mashado yata mahal kung panglistening lang.
oo tama... soundblaster lang. ayos na yun. okay din ang soundblaster sa games.