hulika

Author Topic: The Future of TVs and Computer Displays: OLED  (Read 2027 times)

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
The Future of TVs and Computer Displays: OLED
« on: July 10, 2008, 01:52:23 AM »
what is OLED?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_light-emitting_diode

how does it work?

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/oled.htm

this is quite promising and something that everyone should be looking forward to.

imagine a screen with a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, color quality of a standard vga monitor, resolution that can match, even surpass your HD plasma or lcd monitors or tvs. energy efficient. oh, and did i say its super thin?

predictions say that OLED displays will be available to the consumers by 3rd-4th quarter of 2009 courtesy of Sony and Samsung. i checked Sonys website and theyre already selling an OLED TV. unfortunately, its an 11-inch tv priced at a whopping $2,500! :-o heres the link

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665327724

i just wish OLEDs are not that expensive. im saving up money to become one of the first owners of these *damn* high tech displays.  :-(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 04:10:25 AM by marzi »
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Future of TVs and Computer Displays: OLED
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:10:48 AM »
i just wish OLEDs are not that expensive. im saving up money to become one of the first owners of these *damn* high tech displays.  :-(
Wishful thinking, but I'm betting that if these come out of the market, you have pricetags that make you go...

OSHET

:-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 02:25:50 PM »
Wishful thinking, but I'm betting that if these come out of the market, you have pricetags that make you go...

OSHET

:-D

exactly.

but lets do a little flashback to 2001. back then, a 15 inch lcd display had a pricetag of $1500-$2000. thanks to mass production and healthy competition from other companies, big companies were forced to cut down their prices.

so im guessing that by 2010. this beauty will be more affordable to us consumers...

good thing a did a check on the intarnets too because i was planning on upgrading my tv from flat tv to 32 inch lcd this december. and when i found out that OLEDs are in its final stages of development, i decided to 'minor upgrade' na lang. that means im still going to buy a lcd pero mas maliit lang sa 32 inch heheheee  :-D
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
i think (if i'm not mistaken), the new MacBooks have used this. :)

Offline oliver_soh

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »
If im not mistaken OLED is one of the syntax of VB.net (visual basic.net)...
"It's better to be consistent drummer and slower than to be fast and sloppy"

Derek Roddy. . .

Offline mojahista

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 06:04:45 PM »
good thing about this ay siguradong babagsak ang presyo ng LCD and plasma screens
 :-)