hulika

Author Topic: HELP: I NEED TIPS ON BUYING INSTRUMENTS/EFFECTS IN SINGAPORE::) thanks!  (Read 3938 times)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: HELP: I NEED TIPS ON BUYING INSTRUMENTS/EFFECTS IN SINGAPORE::) thanks!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »
Grasypaps, great Tips upon entering Da Pinas..

Usually pag napagtripan ka lang ng pinas customs doon magkakahassle....pero usually just be nice and friendly..oks lang yan!...
Magkano yung overbaggage sa SG airports? 1 Kilo excess is how much? 

and when claiming your tax refund sa SG airport tax refund officers.. be sure not to check in your baggage first kasi usually hinahanap nila yung items na nasa resibo to see it...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 11:05:37 PM »
no such thing as a custom declaration form on the disembarkation card when leaving Singapore.  You submit that to declare what you are bringing in, those that belong to the list of regulated stuff (e.g. alcohol, cigarette etc)

the same goes for entering the Philippines. you are required to declare stuff you're bringing in and that includes electronic stuff. the loophole is making sure the stuff you bring does not remain in its original packaging. in case they search through your stuff (which they can if they chose to), that will attract suspicion. so whenever i do bring stuff but i wanna keep the box, i put them in two different places. usually, i flatten out the boxes and just assemble them back if i need to once i arrive home.

OFWs have a non-taxable allowance of up to P10,000. Ive declared a laptop that cost 4X that when I flew back but they didnt charge me anything. I even said to the officer, "Maam, may laptop po ako." Ang sabi lang sakin, "O ngayon?". Kahit maangas yung sagot nya, OK lang sakin. Nginitan ko lang. I guess she saw I was an OFW.

But looking back, it was a newb move. I shouldnt have. I could have just said it was my personal stuff, i already had with me before I flew out the country. The only reason I did was I was afraid she would tax me for the guitars I had with me. But she didnt. So all was well.

I also had one of my sisters bring me a guitar once before and she wasnt taxed. She wasnt an OFW. If OFW yung maguuwi, i guess they'll be more lenient.

to @Erdy, just take it out of the box and keep the box on a baggage. and DONT declare it. If by any chance you get spot checked, say you had it before you left the country (and pray they dont see the boxes hehehe).

great stuff...usually pag mga peronal items naman oks lang....wag lang yung bibili ka ng 100 pcs na ZOOM MS 50g tapos lalagay mo sa maleta mo..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Erdy

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
Thanks guys sa lahat ng reply. So far sa Citymusic ang pinakamurang nakita kong store.

Thanks! Thanks! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »
no such thing as a custom declaration form on the disembarkation card when leaving Singapore.  You submit that to declare what you are bringing in, those that belong to the list of regulated stuff (e.g. alcohol, cigarette etc)

the same goes for entering the Philippines. you are required to declare stuff you're bringing in and that includes electronic stuff. the loophole is making sure the stuff you bring does not remain in its original packaging. in case they search through your stuff (which they can if they chose to), that will attract suspicion. so whenever i do bring stuff but i wanna keep the box, i put them in two different places. usually, i flatten out the boxes and just assemble them back if i need to once i arrive home.

I know,
what I was trying to say is "pag papasok na ng pinas".

wala kang babayaran not unless I declare mo dun sa customs declaration form na naka attached dun sa disembarkation card.

ilang beses nako umuwi ng pinas, na may bitbit na MGA laptops, DSLR, iPod, guitars and basses na purchased abroad. of course wala na sa original packaging.
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline Erdy

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »

I've got my BNEW ZOOM G3X just arrived days ago. so far wala namang hassle sa pagdala dito, isinama lang sa baggage na check-in.

When my sister went to citymusic, she said that the people there were nice, they tested the unit and advised her to ask for a tax refund when she will be leaving singapore.

I've bought the unit at around 8.5k, S$252.00.  :-D

Again, thanks for all the advise!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D