hulika

Author Topic: is NU-Metal a "type" of Metal???  (Read 6971 times)

Offline lucy_monostone

is NU-Metal a "type" of Metal???
« on: October 01, 2005, 09:47:15 PM »
we have this hot debate over rakista.com wherein we discuss about NU-metal being a "type" of metal or not..  this stupid boy Hot_cross45 was insisting that it is not metal.. i agree with him kase hindi ko naman sinabing metal ang nu-metal, what im trying to point out is nu-metal is a "TYPE" of metal. kaso, ewan ko kung kids lang talaga ang level ng IQ nya kase paulit ulit kong pni point out na its a "type" of metal pero he's reading my posts like i was trying to say that "nu-metal is PURELY metal"... stupid kid. and he was saying that "nu-metal is not metal!" so when i asked if he can show me a proof that he didn't just said that out of opinion (which is btw he said that "opinions are cheap and facts are proven.")- nag quote lang sya ng msg. from his "friend" - which i am very not convinced. so what do you guys think?

read nyo article nmin dun:
http://rakista.com/viewtopic.php?t=2298

oh btw, ako si Hitori_Kanashii dun sa thread.

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 01:02:02 AM »
the word "metal" as part of the word "Nu-Metal", has nothing to do with Metal. It's just a term coined by critics. "NU-Metal" is not a type or subgenre of metal. It's a word used to describe the heavy and loud music we are having today. "Nu-Metal" or "Mallcore" HAS NO DIRECT INFLUENCE OR TRACES from any Metal. They're more related to heavy rock. Hell, they'd be more related to Hip-Hop than they'd ever get close to being smeared by anything metal. True, the lines of today's music had been blurred but nu-metal will never be metal.

Offline Optimized_Putrefaction

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 01:02:38 AM »
Nu-metal is an offshoot rock sub-genre.

It consists of bands with a rap hint on them which you oftenly don't notice, this sub-genre became 'alive' in the 90's.. when bands like rage against the machine, deftones, korn, etc. are rising above the charts.

Bands started to start their own Nu trend.. such as wearing coveralls, 7-string light-distorted guitars, snare-cymbal-snare drum playing, etc.

Nu-metal pros:

They're popular as f*ck!

Nu-metal cons:
They make fun of popular music especially Britney Spears and any boyband, yet their music sells equally as them.

Their guitar players do not play solos, such a shame to the world of true Metal.

Their bass players use the "slap and pop" playing style.

Uses coveralls, ie-- jumpsuits, random masks, anonymous names, face paints. The black metal genre is an exception on the face paint, they put it on themselves in attempt to add the evilness that is in them, besides for the fact that Black Metal is an Elit genre and has a straight-style line.

----

but the Nu-metal 'scene' is now dying off, most of the bands that are getting played/played out on radio/tv are the type of metalcore/hardcore/emo/etc. type. and in a couple of years, it will be worse.

Formerly known as the_rejects02

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 03:45:04 AM »
I might be familiar to some of you there on the other website. Yes I am the same person as I ever was here. Your boy Ralph. The Infamous rv2underground.

I've said this MANY times I will say it again to those who want to listen. It shouldn't matter if it's metal or not. It's up to you to decide what is and what should not be.

Why would you engage in a conversation where neither party isn't going to compromise for their knowledge. You knew since the beginning that people will disagree and some will agree. It's a never-ending debate.

But I'm glad I participated and KILLED the whole thing for the sake of some of the kids there that they've been confusing. Just read what they've been saying until I came.

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 04:31:49 AM »
edit: I quoted the one you posted here and not the one on the rakista thread. anyways, fixed it...

Quote from: rv2underground
Thats EXACTLY what I've been preaching here since day 1 i came here. I'm reading "respeto lang po". This world would be a much better place if we all had respect to each and everylittlething here. f**k those morons who demand respect.

This is the metal forum for us metalheads. We don't give no respect if we don't have to. We **** everyone here in the ass. We are the antithesis to everything that's corrupt.

I've said this once here and I won't get tired saying this over and over: We have the right to hate and the right to love. You want my respect, make yourself earn it first. I could care less what you say.

I agree with you saying na kailangan ng RESPECT. pero kung papabayaan nating silang magpakalatkalat at mag sasalita ng kung ano-ano na WALA NAMANANG ALAM, talagang wala kang respetong makukuha. look for the NUMBER 1 MUSICANOVELA in this forums http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=8185&start=0 There's a moron named Arislawrence who kept posting nothing but how hardcore he is at ang kapal ng mukhang mag post ng influences nya na wala naman talagang hardcore na banda. Then he said something like EMO/HARDCORE ay mas malupit sa Jazz/Classical. That's my point why we need to educate these dumbasses.[/b]

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 09:49:46 AM »
Quote from: C-D-F
I agree with you saying na kailangan ng RESPECT. pero kung papabayaan nating silang magpakalatkalat at mag sasalita ng kung ano-ano na WALA NAMANANG ALAM, talagang wala kang respetong makukuha.

agreed! another good example is those two guys that have been posting here that keep going on about how great punk is compared to everything. anywaaay, i agree that nu-metal isn't a type of metal. i think it's more based off rock than metal. and i can't believe that no one has mentioned pop-punk yet! there you go, pop-punk, it has the word "punk" in it but is it punk? nooo. it's more like heavy pop or something.

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 09:57:12 AM »
C-D-F bro, I am the LAST person in the world whom you expect to give respect. Believe me those neanderthals back in the stone age know more about respect than those who post on rakista.com. I'm sick and tired of those morons demanding it like it's some sample food at a grocery.

They are so into this mentality that do not educate themselves but rather just go; "Ey, respeto na lang po." Heres what I think, theyre just too dumb to figure things out themselves and just use this over-used cliche "Respeto lang" And bluntly speaking, they're a bunch of pussies ready to follow new trends that come out.

As for me, I'm fed up of explaining and putting up with those sheep. If they are really that open-minded and willing to teach themselves or just go along with the flow and believe everything they see they think is cool, I don't give a flying f**k no more. I gave up when some kids told me couple years ago about some kinds of metal sub-genre Tribalcore, Karate metal and whole bunch of [gooey brown stuff].

You guys do the explaining to them. I'm done. BTW I post quite often on Open Discussion on rakista.com, just find me guys there. I have the same nickname, rv2underground. (look for conspiracy theory threads that  I make, you won't find me in any of those idiotic threads.)

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 11:03:15 AM »
rv2: i went there as Dencii. well, barely. That place is crawling with kids who don't know shiat (specailly that emo guy who kept babbling about "respeto lang" hahahah!!!). You had good topics (I love the ones about Philippines) but you had the dumbest audience. You wanna start one somewhere here? Let's kick something around. Philippines... your call.

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 01:57:03 PM »
For threads here? Walang gaanong nag-popost kasi dito kaya doon na lang ako nag- somewhat blog (lol). But with little perseverance we can get those people think and contrive with us w/o forcing our values and thoughts down their throats. Little by little I should say. So i'll see you there. And for anyone who reads this with the proper sane can meet us on the other website.

I don't care if you hate my views or not but I'd rather take that than something like "Basta ako nakakakain ayos na!"
Let's erase their ignorance by our knowledge because I really do care for them.

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 05:08:22 PM »
Quote from: rv2underground
For threads here? Walang gaanong nag-popost kasi dito kaya doon na lang ako nag- somewhat blog (lol). But with little perseverance we can get those people think and contrive with us w/o forcing our values and thoughts down their throats. Little by little I should say. So i'll see you there. And for anyone who reads this with the proper sane can meet us on the other website.

I don't care if you hate my views or not but I'd rather take that than something like "Basta ako nakakakain ayos na!"
Let's erase their ignorance by our knowledge because I really do care for them.

nakakabadtrip kasi... puro dinadaan sa "Rocker Attitude" yung mga reply nila na wala namang kinalaman or nairaise na issue o solusyon. I feel like I'm the dumb one :P We need more mature audience. You want to transfer that thread here in Philmusic? After all, we just need to copy paste. Plus, we get to let people here see our work and voice out, too.

http://www.rakista.com/2-vt2457.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 08:30:37 PM »
oi, have any of you seen that one guy that posts all this conspiracy [gooey brown stuff] in anything goes talaga? he's called kathaksung or something like that and he posts all this [gooey brown stuff] about america. sooo, maybe it'll interest you guys, haha. :?

Offline lucy_monostone

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 09:06:55 PM »
hummm.. yun pala ang opinion ng bawat isa dito, well it's true that this kind of debate is a never ending [gooey brown stuff]. tama lang na tapusin talaga. and yes the "respeto lang po" is a sick excuse. hindi sila open sa mga dapat na malaman nila - tingin lang nila lagi sa mga nag ddebate ay nag aaway na lang.. hindi dapat irespeto kung mali ang paniniwala. i was really laughing in one of these threads here wherein these two guys was self-claiming they know everything about punk, hahaha.. and was trying to lecture year2apocalypse of some things that has nothing to do with what he is telling them.. hehe.. dumb?

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 02:24:31 AM »
Yes I read some of kathaksung's post. But most of his posts are based on personal experiences. I would like to hear it from another perspective like what does he/she think about the gas price increase y'know like society issues in general. He/She seems like he or she knows his/her [gooey brown stuff].

Yes maybe we should start something here. But i'm gonna keep posting on the other website. Just patience broes . . . in due time we'll get some sense into them and get them to start to think for themselves and go "Ano nga ba ang role ko dito. Ano ang dapat kong gawin to make a change for the better of my life and as well as for the others."Even the littlest way like this type of thing where we just post on the internet what we see in our surroundings.

Aside from the fact that we have our own lives. Y'know whatever each of us are doing . . . learning at school, working at our day jobs, or just helping around the house. I think we all know that not everything we say is gonna have as much impact as we really intend to them BUT to get those kids (and some immature adults) to start to think for themselves and know what's going on in our society today, that's a start.

Keep posting because our boys and girls in the Philppines have a long way to go. Let them know that there's much more to life than MTV or whatever bullsh!t our pathetic media is throwing at us. Patience broes because in due time . . . in due time . . in due time . . .

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 02:43:47 AM »
I already started a topic on Anything Goes Talaga . . . be my guest to post your opinions I will be humbled. It's called Part of Solution: Brainstorms.

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 04:29:32 AM »
Quote from: year2apocalypse
oi, have any of you seen that one guy that posts all this conspiracy [gooey brown stuff] in anything goes talaga? he's called kathaksung or something like that and he posts all this [gooey brown stuff] about america. sooo, maybe it'll interest you guys, haha. :?

I scanned and it's like watching "Conspiracy Theory" (Mel Gibson/Julia Roboerts) or a Dungeon Master indulging his players in an oldchool RPG game :P I'll read that when I get my printer fixed.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 10:40:07 PM »
oi rv2, i skimmed one of your threads at rakista.com and i read that you mentioned the philippines adopting communism. maaan, you're the only one other than myself that i know of that has had that same idea! seriously, everyone in this bloody country keeps complaining about others having more than them that this country should hurry up and become a communist country just to shut them up! communism has been proven to be a failure but hey, they want everyone to have the same as each other, huh? and, could also use those red stars like china and [gooey brown stuff]. wicked!

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 02:33:03 AM »
Communism has its pros and cons just like every other system. I'm not much familiar with its content but I just suggested we adopt it cause it has worked for China. I'm not saying we have almost the same infrastructure as theirs cuz its way too obvious that they are richer, but we have the same economic problems and economic resources as them way before they became a communist govt.

Overpopulation yes, depependency on farm crops yes, today our farm crops are diminishing so I think we should advance to a more technological way of producing not in agriculture but stuff like machinery, engines, labory for western products like shoes, shirts. Thats where china is headed to now.

u might often see imported shoes labeled as "Made in China". because their labor is cheap. And so is ours! i think we're already starting to do that but not yet fully.

China will surpass America as being the no.1 most-producing country. And that will happen! but our country turning communist isn't.

So communism isn't a failure, for China at least. Look at Russia, they have/had one of the most corrupt govt.s.

Also, read my boy Dencii's post. the long one about how our system is running today. That's one of the finest post i've ever read next to kathaksung's. hehehe . . .

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 02:50:11 AM »
tol mabanggit ko lang, i copy paste na lang natin yung mga post natin sa thread na ito duun sa political thread natin sa Anything Goes. then after that burahin natin yung mga nabanggit tungkol sa potics dito. para hindi mawala sa usapan at sa topic about nu-metal out of respect sa starter ng thread na ito at to those na gustong malaman kung ano ba talaga ang nu-metal. thanks :P antayin nyo ulit dun yung speach kong mahaba pa sa utang ni pilipinas sa ibang bansa.

Offline fOr SaLe!

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 05:48:31 AM »
tama si C-D-F ... NO,NO at NO! walang kinalaman ang Nu-Metal sa Metal! sa influence,principle and ideology mas lalong wala, meron lang sila image (pametal efek)! unang-una, idinikit lang ang metal sa kanila para makahatak ng sales lalo pat nasa kainitan ang metal (particularly death & black metal scene) dat tym na nagsisimula ang mga nu-metal band. hanggang maari ayaw ko banggitin ang salitang nu-metal (its not worthy) pero ubligado ko dis tym dahil ito mismo ang topic.

wala namang problema sa respeto kung respeto ang paguusapan pero hindi ako papayag na pabayaang irespeto ang mga hindi karapat-dapat! lalo pat misleading! ang resulta nyan, mas lalong darami ang [grape]! ok lang na hindi sila matuto,wala kaming pakelam sa kanila pero kung pagmumulan ng mga sigalot ang issue tulad na lang ng "reason" kung pano nabuo ang topic na ito...dapat lang na malaman kung ano ang tama at hindi.

simpleng-simple lang ang argumento, pagkinabitan ba ng metal ibig sabihin metal na?! kung si britney spears ba eh gagawa ng kanta na tulad ng mga nu-metal tatawagin din ba natin syang metal?! oh sige bbaguhin ko tanong, tatawagin ba natin syang nu-metal?! ... kung tatanggapin nyo sya sa ganun... ang mga nakakaalam ng tunay na metal ay hinding-hindi papayag...lalo na ang mga totoo at patuloy na naninindigan (sila ang mga nabubuhay bago pa man kumalat sa radyo at mtv ang metal na alam ninyo at tinanggap ng lipunan)

HINDI ITO TULAD NG DAMIT NA PWEDENG HUBARIN o kaya ay parang piko na pwede kang magstep-no!

ayoko sanang sumali sa forum lalo pat bihira lang ako sumilip d2 kaso kelangan nyong malaman kung ano ba talaga ang meron. hayaan nyo't darating ang time maiintindihan nyo rin kung ano ang sinasabi namin... yun eh kung para talaga sa inyo. ala namang masama sa debate but jst do it in a constructive way.

Offline TIX

• Philmusicus Noobitus
musta ba dito?
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »
Hi Guys!

I’m new here and this will be my first post here. Napaguusapan na rin lang din yung respect, as an admin sa kabilang site let me explain my point about Respect.

Mali man o tama ang opinion ng iba, kailangan parin ang respeto para sa isa't isa. I'm not talking about respect in ones point of view or opinion because it's impossible. Everyone have their own view depends on the situation or topic being discuss. What I mean about "respect" was... just don't take it personally and offensively to other users. H'wag masyadong maangas, avoid using obscene content kung pwede mo naman ipaliwanag ng maayos. Di porket mali yung isa, dapat mo ng ipahiya at alisan ng dignidad para hindi respetohin.

Let us say mali ang opinion nya at gusto mong itama yun. Now that’s good, it’s your choice na itama ang maling pananaw nya at ipaglaban kung ano sa tingin mo ang tama. But do it in a nice way, approach him nicely and let him/her understand. I know it wouldn’t be that easy ‘coz patience is badly needed, kahit ako nahihirapan. Lalo na pag ayaw patalo ng kadebate ko. Pero diyan masusubukan yung pagkatao mo. Ang sa akin lang iwasan natin minsan ang pagiging maangas, di porket alam mong tama ka eh, dapat mo ng ipagmayabang ito at di rin tama na mawala ang respeto mo sa iba. Dahil tao pa rin yun. Thrash talking and bashing around with other people doesn’t help in a discussion and I don’t think they’ll learn from you if you approach them that way. If you really want to correct them, you should respect them not necessarily their opinion. Correct them in a nice way and give respect. Walang bagay na di napaguusapan ng maayos at walang bagay na naaayos sa bastusan. Am I clear guys? :roll:

I and C-D-F (known as Dencii) have this discussion sa rakista.com. If you want you can check the link. We both have our own opinions but we didn’t end up fighting or bashing around. We might not agree in our opinions but we give a damn respect to each other. And everything goes smooth and that’s a good debate.

Here’s the link -> http://www.rakista.com/viewtopic.php?t=2679&start=0

Quote from: fOr SaLe!
Ala namang masama sa debate but jst do it in a constructive way.

That's my point. ^

Offline year2apocalypse

Re: musta ba dito?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 11:28:16 AM »
Quote from: TIX
*snip*

i agree! and i'd also like to say how funny it is that none of our mods or admins ever visit this forum nowadays and then suddenly you, an admin from another forum, show up! the ironyyy!

Offline Revenge of The Syph

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 02:34:48 AM »
oo isa siyang klase ng metal from '94 - 99, yung naka-usap mo dun ay isang hamak na "dork", hindi naman mataas ang standards ng pagiging isang metal band, basta may distorted guitars or.. agressive na approach, alam ko may iba diyan mag didisagree sa sinabi ko at sabihin nila yung version nila at ako yung mag mumukhang baguhan, well fvck that, nu-metal bands: korn, limp bizkit, chimaira, ill nino, etcetera, tapos na rin tong fad na ito, ngayon naman metalcore, oh and walang lead solos sa nu-metal format songs.

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 03:24:08 AM »

Offline raindrops

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 08:02:50 PM »
To my ears, Nu Metal is closer to hard rock than it is to traditional metal.
For we are all but drops of rain...

Offline Overbending1

• Philmusicus Noobitus
hell no
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 01:16:31 AM »
this so called nu-metal is not metal. metal was never about commercialism, about porma or about senseless lyricism. the question of conformity is another point, but metalheads don't go out to be "cool." metal is about opposition to trends, destruction of social definitions, and keeping it real. Metal is designed to be noisy because this is the exact nature of metal; to be unpleasant to those who do not undersand. TO be "noisy." Some people exploit metal into comercialism, making it into businesses, but what's important is that the particular artist does not compromise just to sell albums. They say what they have to sday and want to say. This is so not like nu-metal which has become a "trend" metal never died, was never the trend and it will never be. I personally have nothing against Nu-metal, hey their thing is their thing. SOme of these artists do have skills and talents, but never equate one to the other. That offends the real metalheads and fanatics. para peace lang. :)
making a guitar solo is similar to writing an essay; you start with words, which make up sentences, fragments, and paragraphs.  but what makes it cohesive is the story, the emotion, the style, the feel, and the passion to express oneself.