hulika

Author Topic: Paramita's somewhat new sound  (Read 6458 times)

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Paramita's somewhat new sound
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »
we're having the album launch on April 4 at Route 196 in katipunan and April 5 at Saguijo.  Come if you can. Thanks

What does Paramita mean?
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 11:15:49 AM »
What does Paramita mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramita

The term Pāramitā or Pāramī (Sanskrit and Pāli respectively)[1] means "Perfect" or "Perfection". In Buddhism, the Paramitas refer to the perfection or culmination of certain virtues. In Buddhism, these virtues are cultivated as a way of purification, purifying (karma) and helping the aspirant to live an unobstructed life, while reaching the goal of Enlightenment.

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 09:23:25 AM »
?
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 01:28:33 PM »
Finally got the record thru the mail yesterday.

Good on Terno Recordings for continuing to be environmentally responsible by distributing the CDs in biodegradeable pockets.

It's refreshing to also hear that these songs have a lot of headroom between the instruments in the production stage.  I'm kind of tired of listening to records that have way too much compression and are loud in the mixdown stage.  There's a lot of life to the compositions and the instruments as a result.

I've still got to squeeze more out of this album for the next few days and weeks.  I'm enjoying it thus far.  It's so different from the debut record.

Offline Mahineman

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 03:28:08 AM »
Finally got the record thru the mail yesterday.

Good on Terno Recordings for continuing to be environmentally responsible by distributing the CDs in biodegradeable pockets.

It's refreshing to also hear that these songs have a lot of headroom between the instruments in the production stage.  I'm kind of tired of listening to records that have way too much compression and are loud in the mixdown stage.  There's a lot of life to the compositions and the instruments as a result.

I've still got to squeeze more out of this album for the next few days and weeks.  I'm enjoying it thus far.  It's so different from the debut record.
Thanks Deadwing...I supervised the mixing of this one myself.  In a way, I produced it... :-)  Thanks for appreciating our music and supporting Filipino artists. 
DESTROY!!! DIY Guitar/Bass/Amps/effects Repair and maintenance. 09178742102 www.facebook.com/BLASTERSTUDIO
Endorsements: Xotic effects, Draven Shoes, Superlux Headphones http://www.xotic.us/effects/musicians/index.html?id=413
www.blasterteam.com

Offline suji

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »
sobrang idol ko ang paramita!! ang galing nyo:) nagkasabay na tayo sa gig before..i think that was like uhm...3 or 4 years ago hehehe...astig nyo! keep on rocking!

Offline trinity

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »
lisan hehe  :-D astig!
"you'll trigger a landslide..."
http://amp.channelv.com/crossedfingers

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 06:43:10 AM »
I saw the video to your follow-up single on Youtube!

Great job with selecting Sa Piling Niya as the latest radio track.  I enjoy listening to that song so much.

Offline shuli

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 09:32:43 AM »
astig talaga ang paramita. amazing ang second album.some what new sounds. :-D all in all ayos ang areglo. :-D
MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako