hulika

Author Topic: Voodoo Lab Pedal Switcher/Commander/Ground Control  (Read 2736 times)

ginblue

Voodoo Lab Pedal Switcher/Commander/Ground Control
« on: November 17, 2007, 08:31:16 PM »
I met some of the GAS gods here in philmusic, but I havent seen anyone
use these gears. I hope someone can sell this product to us, una na ko bibili   :-D.
Seriously, its a big help for those pedal lovers to switch from pedal to pedal
or group several pedals together in a single foot-switch.
I think the pedal switcher can work with multi-fx's MIDI IN/out, if it does
then you can combine your multi-fx with stompboxes and still having the ease of
accessing stomp(s) in a single foot step together with the effects settings
in your multi-fx. So lets say if you have a POD X3 live just connect the pedal switcher into the FX loop of the POD X3 and the midi in of the switcher to
midi out of the POd X3. The only problem with this setup is the bulk of stuff to setup, you will need a roadie to assist you if ever. Use this type of setup if
you like guitarist like Vai and Petrucci. Imagine switching from several amps of POD x3 live and using external stompboxes in a single foot step!

Enjoy :-D.

1. Pedal Switcher
 8-)
2. Commander
 8-)
3. Audio Switcher
 8-)
4. Ground Control

Youtube:

http://www.voodoolab.com/switcher.htm
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:02:15 PM by ginblue »

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: Voodoo Lab Pedal Switcher/Commander/Ground Control
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »
Kalikot Audio looper is the way to go :evil:

For loopers, as trip ko yung GigRig. Check it out here:

http://www.thegigrig.com/
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

ginblue

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »

For loopers, mas trip ko yung GigRig. Check it out here:

uy lupit  :-D
kala ko walang katulad product ng voodoo lab hehehheh

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 09:31:30 PM »
Kalikot Audio looper is the way to go :evil:

For loopers, as trip ko yung GigRig. Check it out here:

Holy SH*^t!!!  ginas ako dito Pro-14
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »
pwede naman DIY ata eh... hehehe! any schem? parang true bypass switcher strip ba to? :roll:
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

ginblue

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 01:23:31 AM »
Holy SH*^t!!!  ginas ako dito Pro-14

me too bro hehehhe

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 03:05:27 AM »
i use the GCX and the Ground control. Been using it for 3 years or so with pedals and rack gear. I like it and it gets the job done pretty well.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

ginblue

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »
i use the GCX and the Ground control. Been using it for 3 years or so with pedals and rack gear. I like it and it gets the job done pretty well.

Hehhehe lupit !!!! sir post some pics if its ok.
Is the GCX compatible only with Ground Control or can it be used lets say with GT8?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 12:54:47 PM »
Hehhehe lupit !!!! sir post some pics if its ok.
Is the GCX compatible only with Ground Control or can it be used lets say with GT8?

the GCX is pretty simple and I use it as a looper of sorts to take things in and out of my signal path when I am playing. Basically, I arrange my pedals in the rack to be controlled by patches saved in the ground control pro. Nothing fancy. Some people step on mutliple pedals during a song, I prefer to step on one button that recruits the required effects to play a part of a song, ie. delay + chorus + clean or delay + OD + univibe or an octavia, thats all. I find this is easier and it isn't anything out of the ordinary for guitar rigs using a switching system.

the GCX can be controlled by other midi bank/ patch controllers made by Bradshaw, Rocktron, ADA and other companies but I got the GCX and the Ground Control Pro after using one on loan for a few gigs to see how it would help me. I got an exact replica of the setup I borrowed to keep things simple. I don't know if the Ground Control pro would be practical or even necessary for something like the GT-8 because the GT-8 already has pedal bank that you can use. The use of a switching system comes into play when you have heavily layered guitar parts or heavy modulation in songs and you can't practically tap-dance over your pedal board of separate stomp boxes to play your songs. However, if you play pretty straightforward songs with only one or two effects, the use of a switching system is stupid because you have an additional rack box to deal when you have gigs or tour. Keeping things simple to play your songs properly is ideal, IMO - you will have less to watch over during equipment teardown and load-up.

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »
so parang multi effect na.. ganda! how much kaya yan sir?
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline sbalbaguio2006

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »
$400 ea
2008 EBMM JP6 | 2005 Jackson RR5 | 2001 Ibanez JEM7VWH | 1994 Fender 57 RI Strat

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »
so parang multi effect na.. ganda! how much kaya yan sir?

kinda..except with a multi effects unit you dont have control over the brand and range of parameters for each effect; you are stuck with what Boss, Line 6 or zoom gives you. With the switching system, you can mix in pedals, rack units and multiple amps. I bi-amp live and use different pedals and a couple of rack pieces and a synth live so the switching system makes song parts easier for me to play without to step on a lot of pedals. Playing in different bands which play in different genres necessitates this and it works well for me. You can find used GCX and Ground control units easily and they won't cost as much as a new set - they last a long time too and are very well made.