hulika

Author Topic: Singapore or Hong Kong Guitar Shops with Ibanez J Custom??? Need help  (Read 2560 times)

Offline nalu

Guys, need your help...
I'm looking into purchasing a 2nd hand Ibanez J-Custom in the not so distant future and I don't want to resort to ebay or ishibashi where I won't get to actually try out and inspect the guitar before buying it. So, what I had in mind was to visit either Hong Kong or Singapore and hunt for 2nd hand J-Customs.  I've searched through Google but so far there's no result showing that there are shops in Hong Kong and Singapore exclusively offering 2nd hand Ibanez J-Customs.

May nakakita na ba ng Ibanez J-Customs in any of the guitar shops in Hongkong or Singapore???
Pashare naman experience niyo mga sir...

Offline rayq78

http://www.sweelee.com.sg/

kaso wala ata 2nd hand dyan... peru lahat na yata ng guitara nandyan. puede mo pa testingin.  been there once... =)
marami din guitar shops na hi-end sa area na nyan. try mo na lang mag hanap.
Witness to an atheist or agnostic
www.evolutionVsGod.com

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
AFAIK J-Customs are for the Japanese domestic market only, so I doubt if you can find them in music stores outside Japan. 

Offline nalu

http://www.sweelee.com.sg/

kaso wala ata 2nd hand dyan... peru lahat na yata ng guitara nandyan. puede mo pa testingin.  been there once... =)
marami din guitar shops na hi-end sa area na nyan. try mo na lang mag hanap.

nabasa ko na nga actually itong sweelee sa ibang post regarding singapore guitar shop threads pero walang particular info kung may Ibanez J-Custom sila. may nakita ka bang ibanez j-custom dun?

Offline nalu

AFAIK J-Customs are for the Japanese domestic market only, so I doubt if you can find them in music stores outside Japan. 

if this is true, then it looks like ebay or ishibashi is the only route then, which is too risky IMO since you will shell out a significant amount of money and yet won't have a chance to try it out first.  :-(

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
You can try to go to Japan. :P

Offline nalu

You can try to go to Japan. :P

If only they don't require a visa, I'd probably go.
I've read a lot of great things about Ochanomizu city and how you'll be overwhelmed with lots of guitar choices there.

Offline ericbaquiran

• Forum Fanatic
check soft.com.sg classifieds for 2nd hand Ibanez, there were some J-customs being sold a few months back.

they also list the Singapore guitar stores in soft.com.sg

Offline dark_7

• Forum Fanatic
check tom lee sa HK kung meron..kung sa japan..try rakuten.. :wink:
..every artist was first an amateur..

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
have seen some, mga 1st run of j customs, sa excelsior, used... let me know if nandito ka na SG, samahan pa kita...

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Singapore or Hong Kong Guitar Shops with Ibanez J Custom??? Need help
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »
when i was in HK tom lee couple months back and they had a used j.custom there.. was probably a 1995-1997 model.

even though ishibashi sells stuff in ebay now, you can still message them in ebay asking for an item that is sold in the U-Box section and they will help you out,

Offline nalu

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »
when i was in HK tom lee couple months back and they had a used j.custom there.. was probably a 1995-1997 model.

even though ishibashi sells stuff in ebay now, you can still message them in ebay asking for an item that is sold in the U-Box section and they will help you out,

thanks for the input bry. i guess another thing i need to find out is the duty tax, tariff, etc. that i'll pay once the customs here gets their hand on the guitar.

Offline nalu

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 08:39:49 PM »
have seen some, mga 1st run of j customs, sa excelsior, used... let me know if nandito ka na SG, samahan pa kita...

ayun o, that's very nice of you sir... thanks for the info.
i'll get in touch with you when i get there.

Offline nalu

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 08:42:42 PM »
check soft.com.sg classifieds for 2nd hand Ibanez, there were some J-customs being sold a few months back.

they also list the Singapore guitar stores in soft.com.sg

check tom lee sa HK kung meron..kung sa japan..try rakuten.. :wink:

thanks for the inputs guys. looks like there is indeed hope of getting a 2nd hand j-custom in HK or SG.

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 09:14:12 PM »
Sa HK wala ako nakita 2nd hand guitar shops. Sa Nagoya, Japan merun 2nd hand guitar shops, particularly sa Osu Kanon. Maliit lang area kaya madali makita. Dun ko nakita D-28 Martin vintage and standard series, hd 28, j160 and Hummingbird Gibson, Taylor, Guild,, Alvarez, at ang hanap mo na Ibanez j custom.

Offline nalu

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »
Sa HK wala ako nakita 2nd hand guitar shops. Sa Nagoya, Japan merun 2nd hand guitar shops, particularly sa Osu Kanon. Maliit lang area kaya madali makita. Dun ko nakita D-28 Martin vintage and standard series, hd 28, j160 and Hummingbird Gibson, Taylor, Guild,, Alvarez, at ang hanap mo na Ibanez j custom.

i'm assuming meron kayong japan visa sir. yun kasi problema ko e, sa japan definitely madami j-custom from brand new to used. yun nga lang, in terms of accessibility mahirap kasi kelangan pa ng visa.

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 10:20:57 AM »
i'm assuming meron kayong japan visa sir. yun kasi problema ko e, sa japan definitely madami j-custom from brand new to used. yun nga lang, in terms of accessibility mahirap kasi kelangan pa ng visa.

Oo nga pala. I got my visa without hassle kasi official visit ang pakay ko dun kaya japs reps ang nag ayos nun all in one day including its release.

But anyway, in my case I was not expecting to see those guitars lalo na sa Nagoya. That's why I was very impressed with that guitar shop. It was more impressive than Tom Lee Causeway Bay, HK. I was actually looking for record vinyl shops but I ended up in that shop testing the martins and Gibson J series. 

Pero kung gusto mo talaga subukan pumunta dun, you can try applying for a visa.