hulika

Author Topic: about RG350dx pasok po please  (Read 1366 times)

Offline mrskizm

about RG350dx pasok po please
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »
kc natatakot ako bka pag bumili ako mawala din sa tono kapag tumagal ung dating GRG270 ko kc ganon nwawala sa tono pag nagffloyd..

help nmn po please

tnx.

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
Re: about RG350dx pasok po please
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »
isa sa common issues to ng mga lower end trems,marami ang nagsasabi na pangit at edge 3(trem ng rg350) in regards with tuning,meron naman nagsasabi na ok to. Proper setup lang siguro ang kailangan(siguro they really abuse their whammy bars din kaya ng bubungi or pumupurol ang knife edges ng bridge nila).

yung lo trs ko,sinampal ko na ng ilang beses,ok parin naman sya.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:48:22 PM by saijo »
These pranks are very insensitive and mean-spirited.

Offline neilby

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »
isa sa common issues to ng mga lower end trems,marami ang nagsasabi na pangit at edge 3(trem ng rg350) in regards with tuning,meron naman nagsasabi na ok to. Proper setup lang siguro ang kailangan(siguro they really abuse their whammy bars din kaya ng bubungi or pumupurol ang knife edges ng bridge nila).

yung lo trs ko,sinampal ko na ng ilang beses,ok parin naman sya.

,d pa ko nakakatry ng edge 3, tama si kuya, proper set-up and maintainance lng ng trem, i mean hindi naman ma out of tune yung floyd if hindi minaintain ng mabuti, tamang alaga ba, hehe,  :-D
`Boss GT-10- SOLD to non-forumite
`Zoom G1x- SOLD to Migz
`Fab Disto- SOLD to continuum

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:19:04 AM »
it is indeed about proper set up that would solve the issue about the edge 3, thing is, its hard to expalin the details here.

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 03:33:38 AM »
EDGE 3 is made of zinc. Unlike the original EDGE or original Floyd Rose an kahit magwala ka nakatono pa rin.

What setup are you guys talking about? All you have to do if you have a floyd equipped guitar is set the bridge parallel to the body & have enough tightness w/ the locking system.

My LoTRS trem is a joke & it got broke after a year. I replaced it with an original floyd (floyd rose pro) and never had problem since.

A quality floating trem material is a crucial, otherwise.. just use a fixed bridge guitar! :lol:

Offline mrskizm

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 09:22:20 AM »
EDGE 3 is made of zinc. Unlike the original EDGE or original Floyd Rose an kahit magwala ka nakatono pa rin.

What setup are you guys talking about? All you have to do if you have a floyd equipped guitar is set the bridge parallel to the body & have enough tightness w/ the locking system.

My LoTRS trem is a joke & it got broke after a year. I replaced it with an original floyd (floyd rose pro) and never had problem since.

A quality floating trem material is a crucial, otherwise.. just use a fixed bridge guitar! :lol:
magkano ung sinasabi mong original na floyd rose?

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
mga nasa 10k siguro yung orig na floyd rose set. pero matagal ko na nakita sa audiophile yun eh.

hassle din kasi yung mga trems lalo na sa mga grg ung trs floyd copies. tunog ngongo nanga ang rupok pa. mas maganda pa yung mga korean licensed copies eh.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »

considering the strings have been stretch before doing that

with Floyd Roses and its variants the flat baseplate is the marker, with Ibanez Edge Variants the knife edge block(seen on the side) is the alignment marker,

also personally i like having the springs in | | | rather than /|\

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »
@bryan, syempre applied din yang stretching. It's more of like 'common sense' for a guitarist :lol:

Setup of springs don't matter much with regards to tuning. If your trem is softer than the guitar string it won't do any good in holding tuning :lol:

bottom line: LO-trs, TRS, takeuchi trems, Edge 3. They all suck in comparison to orig edge, lo-pro edge & original floyd rose. Stop wasting your money for a low-quality trem!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
@bryan, syempre applied din yang stretching. It's more of like 'common sense' for a guitarist :lol:
certainly should be a 'common knowledge' but like some, they don't get it and blame it on the guitar LOL

Setup of springs don't matter much with regards to tuning. If your trem is softer than the guitar string it won't do any good in holding tuning :lol:

nah, its just my MO, but the way the spring counters the pull of the spring is important, i've seen that on different forums or guitars some dont know how to adjust their springs to counter the pull of the springs,

bottom line: LO-trs, TRS, takeuchi trems, Edge 3. They all suck in comparison to orig edge, lo-pro edge & original floyd rose.

not all tekeuchi's are bad, ive used desertfox's/mel santiago's rg with a takeuchi, its sturdy and same goes with the LoTRS my 7420 had, never replaced anything on that trem or even encountered it failing me, Edge 3 however they need to up the quality on that trem, both guitars i previously own(for a day or few days then returned),

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 07:46:21 AM »

common sense for most experienced guitar players, but not everyone especially for those beginners.

Setup of springs don't matter much with regards to tuning.
If your trem is softer than the guitar string it won't do any good in holding tuning :lol:

IMHO experience tells me it does.

bottom line: LO-trs, TRS, takeuchi trems, Edge 3. They all suck in comparison to orig edge, lo-pro edge & original floyd rose. Stop wasting your money for a low-quality trem!

Not everyone can afford to buy those more expensive ibanez RG guitar models, perhaps that is one reason why the TS came out with this topic. The edge 3 indeed have problems but you can still work with it and get over the issues involved if you know how to set it up correctly.