hulika

Author Topic: EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra OR IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik  (Read 1260 times)

reycantong

Which is better? Realistic? Need your opinions before I go out and buy (or order online). Thanks in advance.

Offline fascinatedbymusic

• Netizen Level
I have both. EWQL is more realistic to me. But sometimes, I will combine the two. BTW, I'm using the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition.

reycantong

Thanks. I think I need to have both too  :-D

Offline paulo z

• Netizen Level
The more the marrier!! I have a bit a collection of orchestral sets and samples, though depends on which orchestral collection fits your taste, if its strings i use a combination of VSL , kirk hunter, and miroslav, miroslav's have good string solo's in them (Articulations too), brasses ok yung EWQL, some samples sections sometimes sound better than the other , I even heard the set from sonic implants, fantastic rin yun, though i believe its not how they sound sometimes but how you use them, it helps din to know about orchestration and how you use each orch. instrument(range and character), To think I didn't really do well in orchestration class in college, marami kasi rules ,hehehe! well best of luck in your future purchase!!! :-D
PAULO Z

reycantong

Thanks Paulo. I have Kirk Hunter's but it's in .gig format. Can it be converted to .wav or any sample format using KONTAKT?

I'll get the Miroslav and EWQLSO na lang  :-D. You're right on the usage side. Dapat alam mo mag orchestrate ng instruments. Pop ang genre ko kaya nag drop ako sa conservatory. Nyahaha. Walang bawal sa Pop e. Hehehe  :evil: Calling out to Berklee or Juilliard to have branches here in the Philippines  :-D.