hulika

Author Topic: I can't hear my MIDI playback on sonar 6, but can hear them on Reason?  (Read 733 times)

Offline Thadus_2pk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
IM only using my desktop computer that contains a build in sound card on it.

The name that is on the control panel/ Sounds and audio devices is called:

'Sound MAX Digital Audio'

my MIDI keyboard is a Behringer umx61.

not much a decent setup but It does the job. Anyway, I just installed Sonar 6 and the program saw my input (the umx61) right away. But the Program can't find a MIDI output. That is why I can't listen to my playback. but I can still listen to Mp3 or other audio files when I paste it on the audio track.

I know that 'Reason' doesn't take much computer energy to function, But 'Sonar' does.

What will I have to do or buy (that is affordable) to hear my playback? Do I have to change my sound card? Is there a software I can download? Can I buy something that can be connected by a USB port to fix my problem?

Any info regarding this is appreciated.

PEACE.

PS: I know this may look like a LF thread but I don't really know what I am looking for.

also, Reason and Sonar 6 are audio/MIDI programs.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Don't choose any midi outputs. Ignore the "no midi" warning messages. When you import a midi file or just create a new midi project, insert the TTS-1 synth into the Instrument Rack. Sonar will automatically assign the first midi output port to TTS-1.

Reason uses it's own internal synths that's why there is sound output already.

You can rewire reason to sonar and treat reason as a separate synth. I just hope your pc is up to the task.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire