hulika

Author Topic: My 2nd hard drive is missing. Help!  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
My 2nd hard drive is missing. Help!
« on: August 11, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »
Hi guys.  :-)

I recently reformatted by laptop (Toshiba A200-1MD on Vista Home Premium 32-bit) because of a virus (unknown) that ruined my registry like Godzilla through a city. Haha.

Anyway, I had no problems with the reformat process - even if I did it by myself. Thing is, when I opened up 'Computer' to transfer some files that I backed up, I noticed that I only had the C Drive and the E Drive (DVD-ROM). My D Drive is no longer in sight!

When I checked CMOS, the 2nd hard drive (status?) indicated "NONE".

How do I fix this? Thanks. :-)

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: My 2nd hard drive is missing. Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »
i think youre talking about "partition"...that means you have 1 physical HDD lang pero divided sya into 2 parts kaya may C and D drive ka pa..

it happened to me about 3 days ago when i reformatted my C drive(OS and Programs drive) because of some crappy Disk Doctor software that i used which froze and corrupted the windows files in my pc..

anyway, ito kunwari yung partition ng hdd ko

C drive - windows and programs = 40GB
D drive - games = 30GB
E drive - multimedia and backup = 180GB

total size = 250GB

during the reformat/reinstall process, have you seen the size of the drive partition that youre about to reformat? kasi mine showed the whole size of my hdd(250gb)..by then i knew that the whole hdd is going to be reformatted...i just gave a reluctant *sigh* then proceeded with the process...wala na kong magawa eh, na corrupt ng hayop na Disc doctor yung buong HDD kaya pagsaksak ko ng windows installer isang partition na lang nadetect nya...pero dati pag nag reformat ako nakikita ko pa yung 2 partitions na ginawa ko with their designated labels...
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:26:27 AM »
Oh okay. So hindi naman pala ako nawalan ng disk space.  :lol:
Mukhang partition nga yung issue ko dito. Hindi ko na napansin yung size nung disk drive during the reformat process; sabi kasi nung sa Toshiba, deretso lang daw ako.
Basta ang nakalagay dito ngayon, Vista (C:), tapos 147 GB ang capacity nya. It DOES seem larger than what I remembered for my old 'C drive'.

I was lucky enough to have been able to backup my files before reformatting, which happened to be all on what used to be on the 2nd drive.

Let me guess, kung gusto kong may partition tulad ng dati, irreformat ko nanaman 'tong laptop?

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »
hindi na pre..may mga programs like Partition Magic na kayang gumawa ng partition sa HDD mo ng hindi nagrerequire ng reformat..nagpost na yata ako dito ng instructions kung paano gamitin yun partition magic..pakihanap na lang sa ibang pages nitong board  :-)
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »
Ayos. Salamat marzi.  :mrgreen: