hulika

Author Topic: Pwede ba i-Handcarry ang guitar?  (Read 11534 times)

Offline diapason

Re: Pwede ba i-Handcarry ang guitar?
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2009, 04:30:50 AM »
Tell your ate to put it in a best hard case. 
diapason

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »
Pano pag amp? Any ideas?

There's a possibility I might migrate to another country kasi.

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

sa previous flights ko back home, pinayagan na hand carry ang electric guitar ko na naka hard case. miami-LA (american airlines), LA-narita (american airlines), narita-manila (northwest airlines). pagpasok ko ng plane inaabot ko lang sa stewardess and sila na naglalagay sa taguan ng mga gamit nila.
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline jodencio

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »
Sirs, it might be a stupid question for some of you, but i really dont have any idea on how 2 carry ur guitar if ur riding an airplane.

Kasi nagpapabili ako ng guitar sa ate ko sa dubai, pero nagdadalwang isip sya kasi baka daw di pedeng ipa handcarry ung gitara. Mahirap nga naman kung isama sa bagahe, baka madurog ung gitara, sayang naman. :P

Pano ba mga sirs magandang diskarte? Tnx in advance!!

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

i am going to tell you a first hand experience when it comes to carrying guitar when traveling. the best piece of advice is bring it in a hardcase. there are certain rulings with the aviation authority to deny hand carry guitars on board be it on a softcase or on a hardcase that may vary with certain airlines. its worth the try but will put you in trouble arguing with the airline flight attendant or the check in staff.  i have seen some of this fiasco including MR. SCOTT HENDERSON who is about to board for KOREA after a gig here in the philippines. another artist i have seen or even talked with is NEAL SCHON from journey (he even gave me a personal pick) who also had a hard time arguing with the airlines how precious his guitar is. so my advice, put it in a hardcase so if in case they dont allow you to hand carry it you can easily check it in. just tell the check in staff to put fragile on it. after all these stars can easily buy a new one if their guitars get screwed. for us, its our hard earned money that we risk. i always placed mine i a hardcase due to the fact that i was denied before with my precious one on a softcase. :)
idol ko si dax espinosa!

Offline ericbaquiran

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »
My friend flew Cebu Pacific MNL-SG last December 20 and brought 2 guitars in a gator double gigbag, hand-carry & stored in the overhead baggage compartment

He checked in a hardcase for one of the guitars, after the flight, one of the feet was broken.  But the guitars were pristine.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »
hardcase or buy your guitar a seat.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose