hulika

Author Topic: FEAST UR EYES!  (Read 6611 times)

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2005, 10:56:14 AM »
ahh yes the JTM reissues.. i almost pulled the trigger on a Bluesbreaker combo.. c'ept i don't really like the look of it.. but i heard they sound great.

and yes the JCM800 series only had 1 clean channel but a high and low input, the high will start overdriving at lower volumes... this is where you get that distict Slash or AC/DC type crunch..

the JCM900 on the other hand had a solely dedicated 2nd channel as the OD channel and of course they added reverb and such but only a SHARED EQ which was stoopid.. since you had to make sure both channels were in the sweet spot before you switched..

yeah it was to match the Mesa that started coming out in the 90s..

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »
the jcm800 could very well be my dream amp... can anyone beat slash's tone? and yeah, acdc's tone are just awesome! i sooo love the sound of angus' guitar on "big guns"...damn! i wish i was rich :)
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 04:43:28 PM »
i've seen a couple of JCM800s and fender  dual showman/bassman heads for sale at the price of a new Peavey Classic 30.. Try pinoyrock, dami palagi na-bebenta dun..

just gotta be at the right place at the right time dude..

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2006, 11:39:19 PM »
HAYUP HAYUP HAYUP!!! nandodoon yung tele na hinahanap ko!!!!!
nag try ako kagabi ng tele ..pero na dissapoint ako kasi sa 6 na model na sinubukan ko wala akong nagustuhan. either na ok tunog pero ayoko nung bridge o pangit ang neck o maganda aesthetics pero pangit ang tunog.. hayyyy..
Music is art in sound...

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 12:40:49 AM »
I know all of them sounds good. But what amazed me is seing that magnificent, tone bending unit on top of the Silver Jubilee Marshall combo. Yon, oh... kita nyo? Kulay blue. I hear it adds great tone to whatever it sits on. Ay! Blue Purse pala yon, hehe :lol:  Kala ko bowteek tone generator, eh, hhehe :lol:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006, 12:42:06 AM »
So, Jack... is this what you can call the US version of Oas' TONE PARTY? hehe :lol:

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2006, 02:54:47 AM »
didn't know they made combo versions of the jubilees?!  hanep...

i myself would like to get my hands on a pro reverb (40w, 2x12) ... sarap nun sa open air gigs :lol:

how does the super reverb sound?  is it overly bright with those 10s?  i recently tried a 2x10 amp, granted it was a solid state peavey studio series, but i kinda got traumatized by the harshness of the high end frequencies hehe... yung 1x12 hindi naman ganun. trauma daw oh  :shock:

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 07:09:13 AM »
I have the 50 watt head 25th anniversary version.  And I love the sound for hard rock despite the so-called diode clipping.  It sounds great.  Its actually the second tube amp I bought.

Ag3nt,

Wala akong picture kasi amps are meant to be heard.  You know what because I know there are other guys in the world who have more amps than I do in one room -- I will just look dumb posting my gear the way you will look dumb to me when you post your gear.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
FEAST UR EYES!
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 08:54:10 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
So, Jack... is this what you can call the US version of Oas' TONE PARTY? hehe :lol:

its more of a "show and tell"..  puro kasi guitarist so no band to back up..