hulika

Author Topic: Help: About memory module  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Dittohead

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Help: About memory module
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »
to whom it may concern,

I have a 512mb ddr2 533 memory on my motherboard. Still have one slot for another.

My question is: Can I put a 1gb ddr2 667 memory with it? and remove ko na yung 512mb ko na ddr2 533 ko? Will it work and run smoothly?some say pwede and others say will not work,im confused  :?..Seems that ddr2 533 is always out of stock in shops.

please help thanks.

yours truly,

dittohead
http://www.youtube.com/user/137trio
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesnt work if it's not open."

Offline bgomez

Re: Help: About memory module
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »
Hi! they're usually backwards compatible. So yes, you can. but then again you might not be able to take advantage of the memory bandwidth that your new memory has. Pero if you only need to install one just to add more RAM. Then yes, it will work for you. Cheers!

Offline Dittohead

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »
Hi! they're usually backwards compatible. So yes, you can. but then again you might not be able to take advantage of the memory bandwidth that your new memory has. Pero if you only need to install one just to add more RAM. Then yes, it will work for you. Cheers!

pang add lang ram sa gaming hehe so ddr2 667 is good! thanks!

heroes of newerth here i come!
http://www.youtube.com/user/137trio
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesnt work if it's not open."

Offline electrotop

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
to whom it may concern,

I have a 512mb ddr2 533 memory on my motherboard. Still have one slot for another.

My question is: Can I put a 1gb ddr2 667 memory with it? and remove ko na yung 512mb ko na ddr2 533 ko? Will it work and run smoothly?some say pwede and others say will not work,im confused  :?..Seems that ddr2 533 is always out of stock in shops.

please help thanks.

yours truly,

dittohead

yup walang problem dyan sir.. ma re-read parin ng mobo mo yan pero yung speed eh dun lang naka depende sa mas mababa ang speed.. kung 533 yung ddr mo 533 lang talaga ang speed kahit mag lagay ka pa ng 667 or 800.. so no worries ok lang yan sir at bibilis parin naman ang pag basa ng pc mo dahil mataas naman ang mb.. walang pinag kaiba sa naka 1gig pc667 or pc800..