hulika

Author Topic: Violent Playground anyone?  (Read 2809 times)

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
Violent Playground anyone?
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
Sir mods I don't know if this is the appropriate thread so palipat nalang kung san pwede...

I'm an avid fan of this band way back in the elem/HS days hehehe, been skippng school to attend 10 of another kind...songs like tupperware party, never the bright lights, starvation army...wow awesome songs...I wonder where they are now? I saw them a couple of years in NU rock awards but now where are they? and do you guys have an mp3 copies of the Primordial Soup Album? Cassette pa kasi yung nasa akin eh hehehe too bad cant find a player these days...sarap tugtugin ulit hehehe :-D

"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline BAMF

Re: Violent Playground anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 01:31:54 AM »
Kapatid, eto lang masasabi ko.

I see the people walking on the street at night....and they all seem like they long for a fight.
It's like a dream where everybody is for sale, in a country where they're angry and the sky is pale.
We all...want something more...hell, we want it all...
So you can go back to your life if that's what it's called.

It's such a terrible fate to be young and ugly,
to be faced with so much uncertainty ?
You better Keep your sanity. You better keep your sanity.

Bright lights go up, big city come down
Bright lights go up, big city come down...

Yeah. 17 ako nung lumabas ang 10 of another kind and I bought 3 of those tapes. Luckilly my officemate not so far back had mp3 copies of these and I slurped them quickly and now they're safe in my Ipod. :-D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:35:06 AM »
What I do know was that Jeffrey Roa (vox) left for the States and left someone else to hold the vox. It was never the same. Never the same. So the renditions on 10 of another kind were different from the ones on Primordial soup. Kumbaga yung 1o of another kind, "indie" pa sound nila and very raw. Yung Primordial soup, sobra na processed. Naka 3 tapes ako ng 10 of another kasi kung hindi kakainin ng mumurahing walkman ko, mane-nenok ng either classmate ko o mistah ko. Hehehe.

Offline mbelez

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »
naalala ko nung 2nd yr. high school ako favorite ko sa kanila, "humble pie" or "a piece of humble pie", correct me if i'm wrong. and 14 years ng nakalipas di ko napapakingan. wala ako mahanap e. nakalimutan ko na yung song :-(
the band is great :-D
follow the light..............

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »
Matagal ko nang hinahanap yung mp3 ng kanta nilang "Humble Pie". ANybody got an mp3 of that song? Pahingi naman. :-D

Offline BAMF

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »
Matagal ko nang hinahanap yung mp3 ng kanta nilang "Humble Pie". ANybody got an mp3 of that song? Pahingi naman. :-D

Hmmm nasa primordial soup ba yan ? Sige when I find my tape, oh darn...I don't have a casette player anymore...how will I transfer it to mp3 ? Oh well. Bahala na.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 01:15:40 AM »
Wala ng Violent Playground, at least that's what I know. Their other guitar player, Glenn Cornelio is a good friend of mine. He has his own band now called Cheeba. Kenneth Ilagan, now as we all know, is with The Dawn. He's Francis' replacement. :-D
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 04:12:46 AM »
Hmmm nasa primordial soup ba yan ? Sige when I find my tape, oh darn...I don't have a casette player anymore...how will I transfer it to mp3 ? Oh well. Bahala na.

I don't think nasa Primordial Soup yun eh. :cry:

Tracklisting:
1.     Starvation Army
2.     Notions
3.     Change
4.     Go Free
5.     Tupperware Party
6.     Never The Bright Lights
7.     Fill
8.     Moist
9.     Another Day
10.     Mirror Pool

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
Hey guys, I am friends with the original members. They are still around, I see them once in a while. Except for Jeffrey Roa who is in the U.S. but he wasn't the original singer. 1000 Pogi points to the ones who know....  :lol:

And the clincher - I played bass for them for one summer because their bassist when on vacation abroad. Played in the Atrium concerts. I was in another band then, we had common friends because we came from the same high school (Bene).

We shared instruments, in fact, the guitar in my avatar was used for recording their demo tapes and maybe even their first album. (My only claim to fame).
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera