hulika

Author Topic: WHO HAS MET RAUL QUESADA HERE?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
WHO HAS MET RAUL QUESADA HERE?
« on: May 11, 2006, 04:27:15 PM »
i might meet him on monday eh, kelangan ko lang malaman ang description para may idea ako. hehe :) thanks

Offline Deacon Blues

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 05:12:13 PM »
I have! ...  :D

And I have nothing but the highest regard for his work ethic..

He's probably one of the most qualified amp gurus in Manila. Now, I haven't met that many anyway, but here's why I like his work ..

He does home service for one, and when he does, he takes your amp apart in front of you, he diagnoses your amp, and when he finds the glitch, he explains it to you point by point, detail by detail..

So, it gives you the impression of someone who really knows what he's doing, and from what I can surmise, he's probably familiar with most of the vintage tube and solid state stuff.

Now, when he points out your amp's defect, he gives you options. He recommends replacement parts (which he may have), or points out where you can get it yourself.

If it's just a minor repair, he can fix it in a jiffy, maybe one, two hours tops. Of course, he charges a little extra for the home service, but what the heck, it's well worth it..

But, and this is a big BUT, the guy's not just into amps ... he can also repair guitar electronics (pickups, pots, etc.) and pedals as well. He's pretty well known among some forumites here (well, at least the ones I know) and they can vouch for his work as well

Now, here's an interesting sidelight: Raul used to be the keyboardist of the Cinderella band, one of the more popular pop groups during the early 70s. Now, I'm sure most of you would be scratching your heads and asking, "duh? who's Cinderella?"

They're the ones who popularized such songs as:

1. Bato sa Buhangin
2. T.L. Ako Sayo
3. Ang Boyfriend Kong Baduy
4. Sa Aking Pag-Iisa
5. Ikaw ang Superstar ng Buhay Ko

Talk about OPM history, huh?

But going back on-topic, Raul comes highly-recommended...
"No static at all ..."

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 05:18:04 PM »
Ok yan. did my bassman good in 2 hours. in FRONT of me. NO BS repairguy. Super modest pa nung tao, nakakhiya nga e, super init nun samin, wala man lang akong maioffer kundi water.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »
GREAT! i just texted him, and we'll meet on monday at lunch. kausapin ko sya about amp and pedal repairs :) how does he look like? para maspot ko agad sa mr. kebab. hhhee :) grabe, kinakabahan ako, rakstar yung makakausap ko!  :shock:  :D  :o

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 06:01:29 PM »
owwraayt! i got to talk to him as well. pero nag iipon pa ko for checkup/repairs/restoration of my amp. Greg balitaan mo din ako ha?

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 06:04:12 PM »
oo naman brothah reg! :) hehe :) i'll update you asap :) mr kebab tayo!!!!!!

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 11:17:56 PM »
Dala ka albums ng Cinderella for autograph!   :D

PM mo naman sa akin contact no. niya.  Salamat.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 08:10:17 AM »
Raul's work has magic ;)

not only does he repair and mod amps regardless of specs or make, he repairs pedals, effects (even multi effects toys) and is super-fantastic with guitar electronics!

he sold my kotzen strat neck pick up problem by fixing some wires and tweaking the circuit. i thought the neck pick up was set for replacement, but now its sounding better than ever!

he also rewired my yamaha sg800s. i have yet to get it back from arie though, coz its set for a refret, bone nut, stop tailpiece mod and re-set-up.

raul is highly recommended! and his prices are ultra bang for the buck
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
sir
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 08:20:10 AM »
pwede pa pm po nung contact nya po mga sir tnx :) nid po asap PLS ang tnx :D
Shot na!!!

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 08:23:52 AM »
BANG FOR THE BUCK TALAGA! :D damn. balitaan ko talaga kayo guys. astig tlga si raul! :D MANILA SOUND!!! :D

pm sent to Igoy and greasykid :)

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
sir
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 10:19:20 PM »
Ako sir greg na meet ko na sya kanina. ok talaga sya.tpos dami ko tinanong sa kanya about sa pag momod, ipapa mod ko din ung mt2 ko sa kanya  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Shot na!!!