hulika

Author Topic: HELP MGA SIR!!  (Read 2818 times)

Offline straightedgejep

HELP MGA SIR!!
« on: October 22, 2009, 09:46:29 AM »
Gusto ko pa kasi sana mag try na mag record ng drum tracks sa comp. .
any suggestions sa mga kailangan ko bilihin na mga gears? yung mga pang beginner
lang po sana na mga recording equips kasi itry ko lang po. .

any brand ng audio interface na marerecommend niyo?
drum mic ano ba okay?
ano pa ba dapat bilihin ko maliban sa mga yan?

thanks! sana may makatulong sa akin. . .
"[X]drug free,[X] alcohol free,[X]no promiscuity = a life worth living. ."

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: HELP MGA SIR!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »
First things first... what is your computer? What software will you use? And what is your budget?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »
Wow. Talk about "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".

Dude, evaluate mo din ang final goal mo. If you intend to seriously pursue this as a hobby or profession or is this a "one-time patikim lang" thing.

If the latter, you're better off renting a built-up studio and see if the owner/engineer will let you learn the ropes.

Yes, if you catch me at an "unbusy" time at my studio, I'll teach you what I know about the matter, even without renting the studio.

If you're just very casual, the built-in souncard inputs of your computer might do. Go up the rung and there are "stereo" interfaces. Expenses start to get hairy when you want multi-mike setups for your drums and you can go either firewire, usb or PCI interfaces.

The interface is not the end. You'll need some "serious" reference monitors.

So I guess the better question to settle right now is : how far do you want to go ?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »
Wow. Talk about "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".

Dude, evaluate mo din ang final goal mo. If you intend to seriously pursue this as a hobby or profession or is this a "one-time patikim lang" thing.

If the latter, you're better off renting a built-up studio and see if the owner/engineer will let you learn the ropes.

Yes, if you catch me at an "unbusy" time at my studio, I'll teach you what I know about the matter, even without renting the studio.

If you're just very casual, the built-in souncard inputs of your computer might do. Go up the rung and there are "stereo" interfaces. Expenses start to get hairy when you want multi-mike setups for your drums and you can go either firewire, usb or PCI interfaces.

The interface is not the end. You'll need some "serious" reference monitors.

So I guess the better question to settle right now is : how far do you want to go ?

sir just for hobby lang po kasi medyo naiintriga lang ako sa gumagawa nung Drum cover Videos sa youtube na mic'd ang drums nila gusto ko lang po sana itry for fun lang,dun naman po sa final goal ko siguro for now "one-time patikim lang" thing lang po. ewan ko lang din po sa future, btw im looking at usb, pci interfaces naghahanap din po ako ng best buy cheap na interface kasi for try lang naman po sayang kung bibili ako ng mga expensive gears for my project  :-D, salamat po sir sa help mo pag may ma rerecommend po kayo na brands na swack dun sa project ko pa post po!! thanks talaga sir!!   

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »
First things first... what is your computer? What software will you use? And what is your budget?

meron po ako dell inspiron 15.
core 2 duo
4gb memory, 320gb hard drive

sir sa software po wala po ako idea, pasencya po yun din po pala gusto ko humingi
ng tips for choosing ng easy to use softwares

sa budget po low lang po, siguro sa lahat ng gagamitin ko hanggang 12-14k (excluding mic's)  lang po gusto ko lang po kasi sana itry muna . .  :-(

sir baka may ma isa-suggest kayo na bilhin ko for my budget  interface and other stuffs na kelangan ko bilhin ko. . thanks!!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »
Dell Inspiron 15 is a laptop, hence you don't have full PCI card slots.

Recording drums kasi, can go from a one-mike affair to two overheads to two overheads plus kick, to multi-mikes on a single shell plus boundary and ambient mikes (pinakamadugo yun!). So without the further details you supplied, the setup can go anywhere.

Now, if you're only going to do Youtube cover videos, I suggest you just buy a Samson C01U mike. It's a microphone with a USB interface built in. You can get it 2nd hand here in the classifieds.

Just position it overhead, high-up pero medyo naka-tungo towards your drums and a little up front so it can still "hear" the kick drum.

That, IMHO is the easiest path towards your goal.

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
Dell Inspiron 15 is a laptop, hence you don't have full PCI card slots.

Recording drums kasi, can go from a one-mike affair to two overheads to two overheads plus kick, to multi-mikes on a single shell plus boundary and ambient mikes (pinakamadugo yun!). So without the further details you supplied, the setup can go anywhere.

Now, if you're only going to do Youtube cover videos, I suggest you just buy a Samson C01U mike. It's a microphone with a USB interface built in. You can get it 2nd hand here in the classifieds.

Just position it overhead, high-up pero medyo naka-tungo towards your drums and a little up front so it can still "hear" the kick drum.

That, IMHO is the easiest path towards your goal.

oh! thanks sir try ko po!! sir pano po yung pag edit nun? ano po software pinaka ok? at madali matutunan? thanks!!

sir last na po, diba ang mga laptop meron at least, 3 na usb ports, pwede po ba ako gumamit ng at least 2 na USB condenser mic for recording? kaya po ba mag record nun sa laptop? thanks po!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:01:18 PM by straightedgejep »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 08:17:23 PM »
oh! thanks sir try ko po!! sir pano po yung pag edit nun? ano po software pinaka ok? at madali matutunan? thanks!!

sir last na po, diba ang mga laptop meron at least, 3 na usb ports, pwede po ba ako gumamit ng at least 2 na USB condenser mic for recording? kaya po ba mag record nun sa laptop? thanks po!!

Define "OK". If you mean pinaka-mura, Audacity is free and is a very small program (2MB only of download) and it's virtually idiot-proof to use (so long as you read the manual first). If a C01U is all you have, audacity should be all you'll need.

Kung ako naman tatanungin next easier should be Adobe Audition.

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 08:26:57 PM »
ok sir thanks!! how about po dun sa 2 Usb mic? pwede naman po siya pagsabayin no? kunwari po gagawin ko 2 ung overhead mic, wala naman po problem dun? pwede naman siguro sabay ko irecord yung 2 na usb mic no? sorry sir sa dami tanong wala kasi ako masyado alam thanks talaga ng madami. .  :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 09:42:30 PM »
ok sir thanks!! how about po dun sa 2 Usb mic? pwede naman po siya pagsabayin no? kunwari po gagawin ko 2 ung overhead mic, wala naman po problem dun? pwede naman siguro sabay ko irecord yung 2 na usb mic no? sorry sir sa dami tanong wala kasi ako masyado alam thanks talaga ng madami. .  :-D

The CO1U is usually used kasi for podcasting and may be used for 1-mike recording. I'm out of answers, I don't have experience with that. If nobody else can answer your query, I guess Google will be your next stop :-D.

My gut feel is that it's not allowed as there might be a conflict with the management software.

The more conventional track if you need more than one is to have a multi-input interface. Since you're on USB, you might need a Presonus Firepod or something of the sort.

Also, look for the Alesis Multimix 12 USB 2.0 . It will fit your budget if you get it 2nd hand on ebay, but when you add shipping...that's another matter :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
Eto bro it might fit your alley.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALESIS-MULTIMIX-4-USB-AUDIO-MIXER-4046_W0QQitemZ140349809029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ad802185

2 XLR channels for your dual overheads and another stereo channel. Or you can use an external preamp like the M-audio buddy, plug that into the stereo channel and get your overheads then use your 2 xlr's for drum mike and maybe snare.

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »
The CO1U is usually used kasi for podcasting and may be used for 1-mike recording. I'm out of answers, I don't have experience with that. If nobody else can answer your query, I guess Google will be your next stop :-D.

My gut feel is that it's not allowed as there might be a conflict with the management software.

The more conventional track if you need more than one is to have a multi-input interface. Since you're on USB, you might need a Presonus Firepod or something of the sort.

Also, look for the Alesis Multimix 12 USB 2.0 . It will fit your budget if you get it 2nd hand on ebay, but when you add shipping...that's another matter :-D

sir meron bang similar items na available dito sa atin na kagaya din ng  Alesis Multimix 12 USB yung specs? kahit ibang brand??

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 12:09:11 AM »
Eto bro it might fit your alley.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALESIS-MULTIMIX-4-USB-AUDIO-MIXER-4046_W0QQitemZ140349809029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ad802185

2 XLR channels for your dual overheads and another stereo channel. Or you can use an external preamp like the M-audio buddy, plug that into the stereo channel and get your overheads then use your 2 xlr's for drum mike and maybe snare.

sir how about this mixer? interface and mixer na po ba ito in 1?

http://www.music123.com/Peavey-PV6USB-Compact-USB-Mixer-631027-i1464056.Music123

pwede na ba siya for 1 overhead, 1 for snare and another 1 for kick?
hanap ko po sana yung pwede sa ganyan na hindi ko na po kailangan ng pre amp, sir pa check po kung pwede na yan, or kung may ma isa suggest kayo na mixer for my budget 100$ below, ihahabol ko po kasi sa pina ship ko para medyo tipid po. . thanks!!! hintay ko po mga suggestions niyo!!

and sir kailangan ko po ba nung transformer na phantom power 48 v?avail ba yan d2 sa atin? thanks sorry sa dami ng tanong  :-D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:12:31 AM by straightedgejep »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 02:27:21 AM »
Yeah that seems to fit your needs. Altho personally Id put my money on an alesis than on a peavey, if only for the solid reputation of the alesis preamps.

Kung ganyan din, maybe you don't need to buy from abroad, just get a Behringer xenyx 802 and slap a behringer UCA202 interface on it. Canvass ka lang sa InTune. Maganda sa ganun, you can eventually sell the 802 and get something bigger like a 1202. Plus, laging may available na ganung mga mixer sa classifieds.

You can also take a trip to Pier and pag nakatsamba ka, you might find a large mixer for 5 thousand or so, then slap the UCA202 on its outputs.

Modern mixers, xenyx 802 incuded, already has Phantom power built into it, you don't need to buy for it. But in the case of pier mixers which might not have it, you can buy the Samson S-Power which gives you 2 channels of phantom power for less than 3k (or so).

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 09:24:28 AM »
Yeah that seems to fit your needs. Altho personally Id put my money on an alesis than on a peavey, if only for the solid reputation of the alesis preamps.

Kung ganyan din, maybe you don't need to buy from abroad, just get a Behringer xenyx 802 and slap a behringer UCA202 interface on it. Canvass ka lang sa InTune. Maganda sa ganun, you can eventually sell the 802 and get something bigger like a 1202. Plus, laging may available na ganung mga mixer sa classifieds.

You can also take a trip to Pier and pag nakatsamba ka, you might find a large mixer for 5 thousand or so, then slap the UCA202 on its outputs.

Modern mixers, xenyx 802 incuded, already has Phantom power built into it, you don't need to buy for it. But in the case of pier mixers which might not have it, you can buy the Samson S-Power which gives you 2 channels of phantom power for less than 3k (or so).

sir san po yung intune?? sorry hehe hindi ko po alam  :-)
and sir san po nakakabili nung Samson S-Power?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 09:35:55 AM by straightedgejep »

Offline karlo

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 12:30:56 PM »
meron InTune sa Ali Mall sa Cubao, in between Audiophile and The Music Source. If you're going with the Samson USB mic setup, you can get that in Audiophile.
Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »
sir ano mga available na brand ng mixer dun sa intune? meron ba behringer dun? thanks!!

Offline karlo

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 03:33:01 PM »
yes, they're the distributors of behringer
Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 03:49:02 PM »
thanks sir!! salamat din sa lahat ng tumulong  :-D

Offline straightedgejep

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 04:42:42 AM »
mga sir meron ba kayo contact number ng Intune sa Ali mall? thanks!