hulika

Author Topic: Troubles in the manufacturing process??  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Jie

Troubles in the manufacturing process??
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »
Hello sa lahat,

Anybody or bands has experience sa pag produce ng mga albums nila,habang nasa manufacturing process?
What problems did usually occurs?Bad sounding?Master sounds poor in quality?
Sa mga may experience and time to reply please do...

Para sa research po,I am a student in a sound engineering school.

Thanks in advance!
Jie
She Is Everything To Me, The Unrequited Dream. A Song That No one Sings, The Unattainable. - Vermilion Prt.2

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:48:21 PM »
I read this about Rush's Vapor Trails album once...something about the "loudness" of the album being the result of overly-compressed (clipped) audio levels during mastering, though Rush have admitted that there was digital distortion during recording, which also contributed to the damage.

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »
hi. yes i read about that too. Rip Rowan explains it quite masterfully here (pun unintended): http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/8A133F52D0FD71AB86256C2E005DAF1C

he explains how mastering engineers are pressured by producers to make their CD's the loudest in the market, at the expense of dynamics, and musicality.  

jie, may i ask which AE school you're attending? i've always wanted to study formally as well but the cost is way beyond what i can afford.
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline Jie

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 05:48:58 PM »
Quote from: ioffendpeople
I read this about Rush's Vapor Trails album once...something about the "loudness" of the album being the result of overly-compressed (clipped) audio levels during mastering, though Rush have admitted that there was digital distortion during recording, which also contributed to the damage.

Thanks sa mga reply....Did this band somehow continued the distribution anyway?

Jie
She Is Everything To Me, The Unrequited Dream. A Song That No one Sings, The Unattainable. - Vermilion Prt.2