hulika

Author Topic: Need advice for my Les Paul guitar  (Read 4936 times)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Need advice for my Les Paul guitar
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »
Hi....note that maaring optical illusion din yang warp due to the plastic nut beeing slanted..higher on the bass strings lower at the treble strings...and baka na oc ka lang sa mga bagay bagay...baka wala naman talagang warp yan...its a beauty..sayang you sold her already...anyhoo... Try mo check using steel ruler and other measuring tools to check kung may warp talaga yan...me thinks nagover think ka lang at nagka buyers remorse kaya naisip mo na warped...hows tha playbility? Kung nagawang maadjust sa truss rod at bridge set up yung buzzes at sabit sabit..im pretty sure youre neck is mighty fine...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline nandiecarl

• Netizen Level
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »
holy moly..macheck ko nga mga guitars ko sa ganitong issue..

kahit sa pics pa lng nga sir, kitang kita na..kaya sinabihan ko ung dating seller na before selling his remaining guitars, pacheck nya kung may ganitong issue din..anyways, mabait un naging friend pa rin kmi.hehe

Offline nandiecarl

• Netizen Level
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 02:57:01 PM »
Aray!  Even if the pics are small and the distance is a bit far, the second to the last pic shows how bad a neck warp you are looking at.

Mukhang mapapamahal ka sa pagayos niyan.  Does the warp affect your playing (I know, I know - stupid question to ask.  Naisip ko lang na James Jamerson's Precision Bass was said to be warped as well yet he still got things done!  Anyway....). If it does, better sell it at full disclosure and at a full disclosure price.  Baka may makikinabang pa diyan.

Of course, you could part it out to cut your losses.  Malay mo, someone has an Epi LP with a sound neck but with a bukbuk/anay infested body.  Or maybe there is some mad-scientist luthier out there who never backs off from a challenge (provided okay ang presyo).

Lastly, you could do this:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Solid-Mahogany-Carved-Top-Kit-with-Highly-Figured-Flamed-Maple-Top_p_1994.html

Sell the rest of the stuff and keep the neck.  It's a bit of a stretch but hey - malay mo?

Mukhang mapapamahal ka sa pagayos niyan.
-Yun nga sir..kaya binenta ko na.. :-(

Does the warp affect your playing (I know, I know - stupid question to ask.  Naisip ko lang na James Jamerson's Precision Bass was said to be warped as well yet he still got things done!  Anyway....). If it does, better sell it at full disclosure and at a full disclosure price.  Baka may makikinabang pa diyan.

Of course, you could part it out to cut your losses.  Malay mo, someone has an Epi LP with a sound neck but with a bukbuk/anay infested body.  Or maybe
-actually, ok xa..playable and still comfortable to play..Actually, i'm still missing it..for me, sulit na ako sa tunog at looks..however, malas ko lng ung leeg pla twisted..

Lastly, you could do this:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Solid-Mahogany-Carved-Top-Kit-with-Highly-Figured-Flamed-Maple-Top_p_1994.html

Sell the rest of the stuff and keep the neck.  It's a bit of a stretch but hey - malay mo?
-nabenta ko na sir..i have told the buyer na ganito ung issue, he claimed it nga sa bahay and nagsound check..okay nman xa..lugi nga ako, but atleast i have disposed it already..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:01:45 PM by nandiecarl »

Offline nandiecarl

• Netizen Level
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 05:08:23 PM »
Hi....note that maaring optical illusion din yang warp due to the plastic nut beeing slanted..higher on the bass strings lower at the treble strings...and baka na oc ka lang sa mga bagay bagay...baka wala naman talagang warp yan...its a beauty..sayang you sold her already...anyhoo... Try mo check using steel ruler and other measuring tools to check kung may warp talaga yan...me thinks nagover think ka lang at nagka buyers remorse kaya naisip mo na warped...hows tha playbility? Kung nagawang maadjust sa truss rod at bridge set up yung buzzes at sabit sabit..im pretty sure youre neck is mighty fine...

Sir gandydancer123, i'm pretty sure hindi xa optical illusion..i thought yun din nga sa plastic nut lng, but nung napanood ko tong 2 vidz:

Napaisip ako agad..pagtumingin ka daw kasi sa twisted is with respect sa headstock to fretboard at the same time sa body ng guitar..
I have tried to use steel rule, pero d pa rin ako sure..Actually, wla xang buzz sa strings kaya sakin wla xang problema.
Nakita ko yung description ng EPI LP standard sa Epiphone site, eto sabi:
"Like all Epiphone Les Pauls (and unlike less costly designs), the Epiphone Les Paul Standard features a 14 degree headstock that gives you more pressure at the nut for more sustain with less tuning hang-ups caused by "string-tree" gadgets."
Anu ba ibig sabihin nya sa 14 degree nato? 14degree twist sa headstock?

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 01:03:49 AM »

"Like all Epiphone Les Pauls (and unlike less costly designs), the Epiphone Les Paul Standard features a 14 degree headstock that gives you more pressure at the nut for more sustain with less tuning hang-ups caused by "string-tree" gadgets."
Anu ba ibig sabihin nya sa 14 degree nato? 14degree twist sa headstock?

Bale the headstock dips 14 degrees from the horizon (the horizon being the fretboard at the nut.  This dip pushes the strings more onto the nut than let's say Fender type necks where the headstock is practically on the same plane as the fretboard with a shallow/slight carve out of the headstock proper.  This shallow break-off makes it necessary to install string trees to make a decent amount of pressure on the nut.  On the other hand, because of the more pronounced break in the Gibson-type headstocks, they are more vulnerable to break-off if hit at the right spot.

Offline nandiecarl

• Netizen Level
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
Bale the headstock dips 14 degrees from the horizon (the horizon being the fretboard at the nut.  This dip pushes the strings more onto the nut than let's say Fender type necks where the headstock is practically on the same plane as the fretboard with a shallow/slight carve out of the headstock proper.  This shallow break-off makes it necessary to install string trees to make a decent amount of pressure on the nut.  On the other hand, because of the more pronounced break in the Gibson-type headstocks, they are more vulnerable to break-off if hit at the right spot.

Ahh yung pla ibig sabihin..hindi ko alam.hehehe. :eek:
Anyways, thanks for the advices..
Maybe next time kikilatisin ko na ng maigi when buying second hand guitars esp the neck.